PDA

View Full Version : General talk Summer of Cricket is here !! Let's make Steve Smith to be the new Test Captain !!

AHLUNGOR
22-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Summer of Cricket is here !! Let's make Steve Smith to be the new Test Captain !!

I am a big Michael Clarke fan but the Captain may have to watch a lot of summer cricket on the side line. So who is fit to lead the Aussie Cricket Team to face India in the Test Matches, and the World Cup in February and then head to English to defend the Ashes ??

The Aussie team collectively had been smashed by Pakistan in the UAE, David Warner and Steve Smith were the only two batsmen who had made any sort of runs - Marsh had done quite well too.

Steve Smith : 1st Test 22 off 44 and 55 off 175, 2nd Test: a Duck off 6 balls then 97 off 204.

He followed that form with some scintillating forms in the ODI's vs South Africa:

Game 1: Did not play !!

Game 2: 10 runs off 20 balls

Game 3: 73 off 55 balls - Man of the Match

Game 4: 104 off 112 balls - Man of the Match

Has he done enough ??

:smile:

Captain Smith - do you like the sound of it? - or does it sounds too much like a Matrix movie : Good morning Mr Smith !!

animatrix
23-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Brother Ahlungor, I agree with you that Steve Smith is currently in red hot form, however I don't believe he is ready to step up as Captain yet. He potentially is going to be captain of Aus one day, but if you look at the current leadership group of Brad Haddin, Shane Watson, George Bailey etc I would be surprised if he was to get it. I think they would ease him into the role and make him vice captain and give him some exposure to some of the pressures. All in all though, great player who's in career best form.

AHLUNGOR
23-11-2014, 08:46 AM
I will be happy to see Brad Haddin as captain to face India - Smithy as VC !

But for long term services they probably will hand that to Watson !

I hope they make the decision on form ! Also Smithy is the current captain of the Sydney Sixes ! So he has some leadership skills and experiences! Don't think Watson has any official capacity and he is Not the same player 5, 6 years ago !

George Bailey was the least performing players from the 5-0 Ashes win , he has no chance IMHO !

rooter
23-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Watson is a fucking joke!
He has clearly not lived up to his early potential and should be dropped from all Australian cricket teams.
Maybe he can go off and entertain the kids in the IPL or big bash, or take up Zimbabwean citizenship or something.
Definitely not captain material!
Bailey should just stick to one day captain.
You could make a good argument for giving Haddin the captaincy for the last phase of his career ( he has certainly earnt it) and blood the young Smith as VC. Then again you could just put Smith straight into the captaincy.
I like the idea of giving Smith a shot as VC and concentrate on his batting form rather than throw the extra burden of the captaincy on him straight away perhaps to the detriment of his batting.
Clarke is a brilliant cricketer. It's a shame his career has been hampered by chronic back injuries.
Maybe Ahlungor can refer him on to one of his favourite therapists.
Maybe Mimi can fix him.

AHLUNGOR
23-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Clarke is a brilliant cricketer. It's a shame his career has been hampered by chronic back injuries.
Maybe Mimi can fix him.

Haha, Mimi can certainly fix a lot of things that Lara and Kyly couldn't !

But for chronic back pains which is also affecting the nerves down to the hammy I would refer Clarkey first to see a legit master in Kitty !

The other mls who could have helped include Lisa (HK), Candy, Yuki, Amy and Madam !

Just my 6 cents !

Cheers

Oneonone
23-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Let's leave Clarke and Watson out, Clarke is not fit and out of form, Watson is a dead loss!

harmony
23-11-2014, 02:57 PM
"Clarke is a brilliant cricketer. It's a shame his career has been hampered by chronic back injuries.
Maybe Mimi can fix him"

Very funny post mate, and because nothing else is working, I think you are onto something
How about you apply to be the new Austraian Cricket team physio manager. Australian Cricket will fund you $1000s to get Clarkey and the others right again for the summer

And I said physio manager, not recreational manager ! Otherwise there would be no training done at all, just relaxation

Go for it

AHLUNGOR
24-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Let's leave Clarke and Watson out, Clarke is not fit and out of form, Watson is a dead loss!

We are hopeful and praying that Captain Clarke can play, Watson did himself no harm with a classy 82 last night !!

The 12 men squad has been named, basically it is the same 5-0 Ashes winning team minus Bailey and Marsh in, Hazelwood the drink waiter !

Australia: Michael Clarke (c) (NSW*), Brad Haddin (vc) (NSW), Ryan Harris (QLD), Josh Hazlewood (NSW), Mitchell Johnson (WA), Nathan Lyon (NSW), Mitchell Marsh (WA), Chris Rogers (VIC), Peter Siddle (VIC), Steve Smith (NSW), David Warner (NSW), Shane Watson (NSW). *Notes subject to fitness

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3KNFbYCAAA6ua_.jpg

Michael Clarke's Test summary
HS: 329* 100s: 27 50s: 27 Catches: 125