PDA

View Full Version : General talk A sad day for Australian Cricket

Oneonone
27-11-2014, 04:46 PM
The passing of Australian up and coming young Batsman Phillip Hughes struck in the head behind the helmet while batting for South Australia against his home state NSW.

I feel so sorry for the young NSW bowler who bowled the ball it was an accident and no way the bowlers fault.

Australia has lost a great sports man and lovely young man.

AHLUNGOR
27-11-2014, 05:09 PM
The passing of Australian up and coming young Batsman Phillip Hughes struck in the head behind the helmet while batting for South Australia against his home state NSW.

I feel so sorry for the young NSW bowler who bowled the ball it was an accident and no way the bowlers fault.

Australia has lost a great sports man and lovely young man.

Yes, it was a tragedy indeed of an epic proportion !!

I don't know much about Phil Hughes apart from the last Ashes in England when he partnered Ashton Agar on debut at Trent Bridge, the Aussie had a usual batting collapse and it was 9/117 when Agar came to the middle, lucky that he knew, the much more experienced Hughes on the other side would partner him to achieve the highest ever 10th wicket partnership of 163 runs in a test match !!

Agar eventually got out at 98 - the highest ever run scored by a number 11. And Phillip Hughes a rock at the other end and a stateman like at 81 not out, not his finest batting display but it's the inning that will for a very long time enbedded into test cricket history especially in the Ashes !!

For Phil's own piece of batting history, he hitted two sixes in a row when he reached his first test century and then scored a second century in the 2nd innings in the same match, those are the moments I think Philip Hughes would like us to remember him with !

Such a humble and likeable bloke , never said a bad word about the selector and just happily playing the sport he loves - the sadest words he ever said about his selection - I have plenty of time !!

May Phil Hughes rest in peace !!

Our prayers are with his soul and his family .

Ps. When the accident occurred. Hughes was unbeaten at 63! So he is now a forever Not Out Champ !

sexercisor2230
27-11-2014, 06:13 PM
talented cricketer whose life cut short doing what he loved.....he remains not out forever

harmony
28-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Im annoyed Hughes was stuffed up by Cricket Australia
Why is such a talented guy like Hughes still playing state cricket in November 2014, instead of being an established member of the Australian Test team ?

If Hughes had been treated respectfully, he wouldnt have been even playing in that inconsequential state game
Yes, I know he may have been under the close eyes of selectors
Yes, I konw he may well have been chosen for the First Test next week

But.... why did we treat this freak talent so harshly, continually having to be dropped and re selected - "because of a weakness for the short ball"

Another thing, who is the Australian batter with a better record than Hughes that is apparently good enough to keep Hughes out of the Australian batting lineup
Hughes for his entire career, was continually dropped and continally had to fight his way back into the Australian team

Phillip Hughes, I never met you, but forever you will remind me of talented people whose talents arent well regarded, by the powers that be
You never let the frustrations break you, you just faced your challenges with more determination and hard work
You died in your prime - thats what makes it so hard to take
But you died showing true courage, literally, on the sports ground that you loved most
Rest in peace

negi
28-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Rest in peace Phillip Hughes, such a freak accident that cost such a talented young bloke's life, sad indeed....

Spe
28-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I am not a cricket fan, but condolences to the family and fans of Phil. He is such a young talent and such a horrific way to end his career.

Shouldn't there be a rule against bowling the ball over shoulder height or something? Why would the bowler be allowed to aim the ball at the head or shoulder level? This is really an accident waiting to happen. Hope cricket Australia steps in to make it safer.

AHLUNGOR
28-11-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure if Phillip Hughes' fatal incident will be entitled to any WorkCover compensation !

He should have some life insurance components incorporated in his personal superannuation, and being an elite sportsman (contracted to Cricket Aust at $530,000 PA in 2014), I hope he is well covered, just so that his family can be looked after and cared for after losing him. Nothing can replace a beloved son and brother but if at least one less worry for the Hughes family if only just financially !

RIP - Champ !!

:cry::cry::cry:

harmony
28-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Unless Hughes had life insurance, its hard to see how his family would be able to claim for any financial settlement
If not sure if Workcover injury policies would include death, unless the employer, Cricket Australia, was shown to be negligent

The ambulance drivers were allegedly late in arriving, but because the injury was such a serious one, the ambulance arrival time probably made little difference

But away from the financial situation, a loss of a life of a man in his prime is beyond value estimates. Life is priceless

Enjoy life everyone

harmony
28-11-2014, 07:23 PM
The legendary Steve Waugh backs up my claims:

"Philip Hughes was dropped by selectors, five times in 26 Test matches
To put that in perspective, I never scored my first hundred until my 26th Test match
So, he certainly wasn't given the extended run that he required and all young players need that time and support and belief they're going to be there for a long time.

It was a stop-start career. In fact, he was picked when he was out of form and dropped when he was in form. It was very difficult for Phil to establish himself in the side."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/steve-waugh-tells-of-impact-phillip-hughes-death-had-on-his-son-20141128-11w08o.html

Oneonone
29-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Its great to see the support for Phil from Around Australia but not just Australia from around the world and not just from cricket other sports have joined in as well.

And the Australian public and sports fans.

Lets hope something like this terrible accident never happens again.

WHITEDUDE
29-11-2014, 12:05 PM
its such a tragedy... maybe need they need to look into better full on head gear

jadeofsydney
29-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Kudos to the way Michael Clarke has conducted himself over the last few days during this very difficult time. He has shown great leadership.

Amazing to see all the heart-warming tributes pour in from all over the world.

RIP Phillip Hughes.

AHLUNGOR
29-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Kudos to the way Michael Clarke has conducted himself over the last few days during this very difficult time. He has shown great leadership.

Amazing to see all the heart-warming tributes pour in from all over the world.

RIP Phillip Hughes.

Michael Ckarke is a class act !

He shows great support to the bowler Sean Abbott too !

bigfatkilo
29-11-2014, 02:32 PM
date of accident 25
date of death 27
month 11
runs scored 63 n.o.

25 + 27 + 11= 63...

RIP young man. P.H.

AHLUNGOR
30-11-2014, 04:38 PM
date of accident 25
date of death 27
month 11
runs scored 63 n.o.

25 + 27 + 11= 63...

RIP young man. P.H.

Yes, numbers and figures have a funny habit of making its way into history !

Vale Phillip Hughes , the young champ of 63 not out forever!

And on the day he would have turned 26, a young golfer from Texas shot a new course record of , you guessed it - 63! to win the Australian Open by Six shots !

RIP Hughesey !

max_power
30-11-2014, 04:51 PM
A Israeli umpire got hit by a ball as well and died. What luck

AHLUNGOR
01-12-2014, 11:41 AM
A Israeli umpire got hit by a ball as well and died. What luck

Don't even know they play cricket in Israel !

RIP !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 10:43 AM
This is it, the first test in Adelaide is on now !

Phil Hughes will be remembered and honoured the best way he would have wanted, on the Cricket field with all his former teammates wearing his number of 408 !!

Dig deep Aussie boys, let's hang in there until tea !!

And 63 seconds of silence !

Phil Hughes 63 not out forever ! And the honourary 13th MAN !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Warner, first ball, first hit - Four !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Three boundaries , 14 runs from Warner's first over !

He is doing it for his little brother man !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Good boy Dave! Three more boundaries , 28 Runs in two overs !

And keeps the strikes !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Warner got to half century !

53 off 45 balls !

1 for 81 !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Michael Clarke is batting now !!

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Warner now on 63 not out !!

Oneonone
09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Great to see Davy Warner get past 63 lets hope he can go on with it.

Watson is not a number 3 got out playing a loose shot again keeps getting a start and then gets out.

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Great to see Davy Warner get past 63 lets hope he can go on with it.

Watson is not a number 3 got out playing a loose shot again keeps getting a start and then gets out.

Not a big fan of Watson, but his average batting at no 3 is over 41 runs and over a long period of times, so if any other batsman has a better average, happy to see him there at 3!

Cheers

harmony
09-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Sorry, I just cant shake the idea that Philip Hughes should not have been in that state match
I think it was a waste, and we must take better care of our young players who are selected to play for Australia
Selectors should only chose younger players when they have earnt it, and then not drop them and drop them and drop them from the Australian team

Steve Waugh: "He was dropped five times in 26 Test matches and to put that in perspective, I never scored my first hundred until my 26th Test match"

I will drop the subject now, but when I see the establishment (in any area of life) not being able to see peoples value and potential, it really p**sses me off

RIP Philip Hughes
All the best to both teams today
Peace

Oneonone
09-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Good to see Warner in the 90's and Clarke in the 30's looking good for this afternoon.

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Good to see Warner in the 90's and Clarke in the 30's looking good for this afternoon.

Warner on 99, next on strike !

This is all for Hughesy !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 02:28 PM

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Warner did it !

And he looks to the heaven where his little mate is looking down !!

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Now Clarkey is on 49 !

Oneonone
09-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Great knock Dave lets hope he makes it a big on Clarke now on 50 not batting well but trying hard lets hope he can get back to his best.

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 02:41 PM
An emotional 50 from Michael Clarke !

It is quite clear that Warner is on top of his game while Clarke is not !

And neither of them will give it away easily ! May be they can both get to tea as Hughesy would have wanted !!

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh on ! And Clarkey has to go off at 60 not out !

Oneonone
09-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Why did they let him play? He should have been made play at least a shield game!

Its not fair to the rest of the team there is a long way to go in this game.

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Why did they let him play? He should have been made play at least a shield game!

Its not fair to the rest of the team there is a long way to go in this game.

I think if there wasn't the Hughes tragedy , Clarkey won't be playing today !

But with the events of the past two weeks, Michael would want to lead his team and bat for his little brother Phil, and he did that with a 60! I for one would love to see Clarke batted and he hadn't let anyone down IMHO !

harmony
09-12-2014, 03:45 PM
An Australian declaration at 630 would be the most appropriate total
A long way to go yet
RIP

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 05:06 PM
An Australian declaration at 630 would be the most appropriate total
A long way to go yet
RIP

Let's make that 408 !!

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Or 471 - that is 408 + 63 !!

Oneonone
09-12-2014, 05:17 PM
We need at least 500 on this wicket. I doubt that Clarke will bat again in this match.

Good to see Steve Smith get another 50 hope he can make it 100

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Smith got his 50!

And salute to the sky !!

harmony
09-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Agreed Oneoneone. Steve Smith has proven himself in the Test arena
I dont want to see him dropped five times in 26 Test matches
I had made my point, but you brought up the topic of another highly talented young Test cricketer !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 05:42 PM
New ball !

Smith made 10 in the over and now on 63 not out and the Adelaide crowd clap as Smith pointed to the black arm band !!

harmony
09-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Great commentary Ahlungor !
Providing a great tribute to all cricketers
The number 63 is going to have lasting impact all season
Hope you have time to do other things as you watch the cricket !

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Marsh out for 41, nathan Lyon the night watchman in !

harmony
09-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Obviously, reaching 63 or beyond is a great tribute by an Australian batsman in this Test
For all the Australian batsmen who dont reach 63 (eg Marsh, 41), at least may their combined total equal that number

AHLUNGOR
09-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I was hoping if Smith and Marsh are both still there at stumps then it's a good chance for Smith to make a century tomorrow !

Now they lost Marsh, Lyon and Haddin ! Smith is running out of batting partners, may be Johnson and Harris can bat a bit with him !

AHLUNGOR
10-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Captain courageous is back !!

AHLUNGOR
10-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Clarke and Smith added another 51 runs partnership this morning before rain delay !!

Clarke on 85 n.o. added another 25 since retired hurt yesterday.

Smith on 98 n.o. looking for another test century here.

Aussies are 6/405

pepefirstlove
10-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't know much rules with cricket. So if your injured while batting... You can sub off then come in back again? Or there an exception

Oneonone
10-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't know much rules with cricket. So if your injured while batting... You can sub off then come in back again? Or there an exception

If your injured while batting you can retire hurt, leave the field and come back at the fall of the next or subsequent wicket, in other words when the next batsman gets out.

If you just retire without being hurt then you cannot return and you are given out when you leave the field.

Oneonone
10-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Its great to see Clarke batting this morning lets hope both of them can go on and get a 100 when play resumes.

AHLUNGOR
10-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Smith got the century and he saluted to the heaven !

Now Clarke is struck on 98 when the rain came again!

But I'm sure Clarkey is determined to make his ton in Adelaide in honour of his little brother ! Who is crying at the moment !

AHLUNGOR
10-12-2014, 03:55 PM
The captain has done it!

For his little brother!

For his team !

For his country !

Oneonone
10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Well Steve Smith is batting great and both he and Clarke have got their centuries well done both of them and a great effort by Clarke

AHLUNGOR
10-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Clarke just got out at 128 ! A Captain's knock !

Smith is still 162 n.o. Which is his highest test scores - more to come tomorrow I suppose !

Mitch Johnson is in but no run and stumps ! I hope Johnson can have a good hit tomorrow morning like a rapid fire 30 or something - whenever Johnson bats well, he usually bowls very well to follow !!

Let's win this boys !!

For Hughesy !!

Oneonone
11-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Australia has declared at 517 their overnight score so India to bat this morning we need to bowl well early and pick up a couple of wickets

AHLUNGOR
11-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Australia has declared at 517 their overnight score so India to bat this morning we need to bowl well early and pick up a couple of wickets

Yeap !

We have declared and sent in the Indians to bat, we need 20 wickets in three days !

The batsman have done a brilliant job to set up a big lead, let's see if the bowlers can finish the job !

Go the Aussie !!

:smile:

AHLUNGOR
11-12-2014, 04:03 PM
R.I.P. Phillip Hughes !!

This century is for you !!

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/1/2/4/9/c/l/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.124d41.png/1418192415202.jpg

AHLUNGOR
11-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately for the game, it is looking more likely of heading towards a draw, unless we can take 2 or 3 more wickets today !!

harmony
11-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Great commentary guys. And thanks for the amazing photo Ahlungor, of Steve Smith paying his respects. Priceless moment !

Oneonone
12-12-2014, 09:15 AM
We did well to get their captain out last night so if we can get a few early wickets this morning and keep the below 500 we should be in with a good chance. It will be harder to score from now on and even worse batting last

AHLUNGOR
12-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Two new batsmen at the crease, we need to see some renewed aggression from Mitchell Johnson. Either him or Lyon has to finish the tail this morning !

Then the likes of Warner, Watson and Smith is gonna play like a ODI game , put on 300+ by stumps tonight and try to bowl the Indians out on the fifth day !

It's gonna be very tight !

We need to see once or twice an Indian batting collapses !!

AHLUNGOR
12-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Very good to hear that Sean Abbott is doing very well at the SCG:

6 wickets for only 14 runs in 7 overs (3 maidens) !

Good on you son !

AHLUNGOR
12-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Two new batsmen at the crease, we need to see some renewed aggression from Mitchell Johnson. Either him or Lyon has to finish the tail this morning !

Then the likes of Warner, Watson and Smith is gonna play like a ODI game , put on 300+ by stumps tonight and try to bowl the Indians out on the fifth day !

It's gonna be very tight !

We need to see once or twice an Indian batting collapses !!

Part 1 of my prediction is done, Lyon got a fiver, Indians are all out for 444 - a lead of 73 runs from the Aussies !!

1 for 88 with Warner and Watson at the crease looking set, just got their 50 runs partnership - lead is now 161 !!

We should keep the run rate of 4 going and really let go in the final 20 overs of the day and perhaps to declare with 10 overs to go and let India bat and get a couple of wickets before stumps tonight.

Go the Aussies !!

Let's win this thing for Hughesy !!

:smile:

Oneonone
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Dave Warner lucky bowled with a no ball, and Watson up to 33 must be time Watson got out or he might shock us all and get 50 for a change.

I can never understand why the bowler has to put his foot over the bowling crease its not the Olympic games long jump where 50 mm make any difference, why don't they just makes sure the are well behind the line.

Oneonone
12-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Watson didn't shock us out for 33 he is not a number 3 batsman, we have a lot better young players worth a try and he didn't do anything with his bowling.

AHLUNGOR
13-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Mitchell Marsh did a rapid fire 40, a big over from him with 24 runs (3 six !), he probably should have stick around a bit longer, Haddin had a start too!

The lead is 363 but tomorrow has 98 overs, so probably not enough, I would let Smith, Haddin even Johnson to bat for another 10 - 12 overs and really put the foot down and get another 70-80 runs on the board , I think we need 450 to be safe, 86-88 overs should be ample time to bowl the Indians out !

Nathan Lyon needs another a Fiver on Day 5!

Go Aussies !!

Oneonone
13-12-2014, 07:03 AM
I think we have enough runs and we need to give them something to chasse so we have a better chance of getting them out.

We were just a bit slow batting yesterday need to get 350 and then put them in for about 12 overs last night.

But we are in with a chance and so are they so should be a good days cricket.

It was great to see Marsh put the team ahead of himself and go after fast runs.

Well done so far come on Aussies a big effort needed today.

Oneonone
13-12-2014, 08:17 PM
A great days cricket and well done by the Aussies and in particular Nathan Lyon he bowled the best I have ever seen him bowl great work keep it up

harmony
14-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Great commentary guys. What a great win and what a great feeling

The sentimentality and feeling will be even more intense in Sydney
I think there is a tribute statue or plaque to Philip Hughes at the SCG
Can you imagine the intensity of emotions we can anticipate there ?
Unbelievable !

AHLUNGOR
14-12-2014, 01:57 AM
A great days cricket and well done by the Aussies and in particular Nathan Lyon he bowled the best I have ever seen him bowl great work keep it up

I think Nathan Lyon finally wins a test match for his country with the ball ! First time for a 10 wickets - in fact he got 12 wickets in the match ! Now he can say he is the premium spinner in the country !

When India was still 2/242 in the final session, the Aussies look gone man, Vijay was on 99 when Lyon finally got him and from there the avalanche began ! The boys took the final 8 wickets in only 73 runs !

Great job !!

AHLUNGOR
14-12-2014, 02:07 AM

AHLUNGOR
14-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Great commentary guys. What a great win and what a great feeling

The sentimentality and feeling will be even more intense in Sydney, at the SCG
I think there is a tribute statue or plaque to Philip Hughes at the SCG - can you imagine the intensity of emotions we can anticipate there ?

What commentary ??

I was worrying sick all morning and early afternoon ! When Vijay and Kohli had the partnership of nearly 200 runs, they were heading towards a win and I was thinking WTF ! This can't be happening !

Not after Warner made two century in both innings, not after the Captain came back and made a ton and Smith were unbeaten in both innings - and Nathan Lyon's first fiver at home ! None of those efforts mean anything if India bats themselves to victory ! But gee that Kohli can bat man !

I'm so glad Lyon got man of the match !

Good boy !!

Oneonone
14-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Well it was a great test match and showed what test cricket is all about we saw some great batting by both sides and some great fighting spirit by both sides including the Indian batsmen and the bowlers particularly the Australians.

The Indians have a few good batsmen and their top pace man is a world class fast bowler and he is quick.

looking forward to the next test, nothing like a good close contest brings out the best in everyone.

harmony
14-12-2014, 09:05 AM
From an Australian point of view, that has to be one of the most memorable Tests ever
Hard to list all the highlights !

But Clarke retiring hurt in the first innings, then coming back from a serious back injury and scoring a century - truly supreme sporting effort

AHLUNGOR
14-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Well it was a great test match and showed what test cricket is all about we saw some great batting by both sides and some great fighting spirit by both sides including the Indian batsmen and the bowlers particularly the Australians.

The Indians have a few good batsmen and their top pace man is a world class fast bowler and he is quick.

looking forward to the next test, nothing like a good close contest brings out the best in everyone.

Yes, that was a truely great contest ! Right down to the wire ! How often you go to the fifth day of a test match and watch 10 wickets fallen with over 300 runs !

First session yesterday was even stevens then Vijay and Kohli dominated the second session and was clearly on top and on route to a unlikely but heart breaking victory !

Then in came nathan Lyon and took out vijay at 99! And the rest was history ! I suppose we did have a bit of unfair advantage with 13 men on the field and above !!

I was in the car with my family on our way to dinner last night , and I was in a very bad mood because Indian was only 5 down and Kohli was still hitting the boundaries looking for a win ! By the time we parked the car and walked into the Korean BBQ , we had won !

Needless to say we had a wonderful dinner.........haha

Bring on the GABA !!

Ps. I have a feeling it will be easier for the Aussie boy up north because our quicks should dominate !! It's Johnson's turn to shine !

ouch
14-12-2014, 01:29 PM
was definitely a very exciting test. when kohli was smashing it everywhere i thought they had erred seriously . nathan lyon take a bow especially against best players of spin in the world

Oneonone
14-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Don't write off the Indians we had a big advantage winning the toss in Adelaide sure we had to bat well in the first innings particularly the first session which we did and its now history but its a big advantage to win the toss in these games.

The Gaba should be another good test and the Indians have a good pace attach.

pantydroppa
14-12-2014, 04:56 PM
It's fairly obvious a lot of comments are being posted by armchair players.
Guys that have never faced or bowled a cricket ball in their life!

Oneonone
14-12-2014, 05:42 PM

So what is your point bro?

AHLUNGOR
15-12-2014, 12:01 AM

You are not wrong, I for one have never played a game of cricket - not even a back yard one nor on the beach !

Never had a game of rugby league or AFL either !

The only sports I have ever played was soccer, ping pong, 10 pin bowling and golf !

So you want to talk about Adam Scott losing the PGA this afternoon in the 7th play off hole ??

PowWoow
15-12-2014, 02:56 AM
well said... bring on gabba ... cant wait for 2015 WC

Oneonone
15-12-2014, 06:56 AM

Isn't that one of the great things about the game you don't have to have played it to enjoy it and the more your watch it get involved and learn the more you enjoy the game.

It was very obvious when I saw the first thread on here on cricket that some bros didn't have much idea but they were interested and have learnt a lot about the game since then and I like to think some of the posts on this forum has helped.

AHLUNGOR
18-12-2014, 02:35 PM
2nd Test vs India up at the Gabba !

At stumps of day 1, the Indian were batting great with 4 for 311 and with our bowlers struggling and India clearly on top.

Then comes day 2, and the Indian are all out for 408 !!

May be our 13th Man Phillip Hughes are really up there lending a helping hand !!

R.I.P.

AHLUNGOR
07-01-2015, 09:31 AM
R.I.P. Phillip Hughes !!

This century is for you !!

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/1/2/4/9/c/l/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.124d41.png/1418192415202.jpg

And you good mate David Warner kissed the hollow turf where you had laid down at 63 n.o. forever on that fatal day; when he reached the same milestone yesterday for the first time he had returned to the SCG !!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6002460-3x2-700x467.jpg

And an emotional Century to follow :

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6003122-3x2-700x467.jpg