PDA

View Full Version : A punt, Donations to Charity & Dead Dogs

Steven Seagal
16-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi All,

(Note: This isn’t a review but came from sitting around at 501 King Street Newtown.)

While I was cooling my heels waiting for a girl at 501 recently I noticed a recent newspaper article about how people dump rubbish in the Salvation Army and other charity collection bins. This topic surfaces every couple of years. The article notes that amongst the stuff donated are the bodies of dead dogs. In reading this sort of thing in the past I wondered about the mentality of the people that drop off the corpses of man’s best friend as a donation item. I looked up an old review of mine from a few years ago where I speculated on the following conversation between husband and wife charity donors Ed and Maggie:

Ed: Well Maggie, I’ve got everything ready to drop off at the Salvos. Let’s see here are the CRT black and white TV with the broken screen, my old polyester Nehru suit and your hot pants and our extensive collection of Kamal’s works on vinyl records.

Maggie: Don’t forget the dead dogs!

Ed: I almost did. I forgot how important dead dogs are to poor people. They are the ideal pet. They don’t make a mess, don’t need exercise, don’t bark at night and most importantly you don’t need to spend money feeding them. Why I am sure there are kids all over Australia pestering their poor parents to give them dead dogs for their birthdays.

Maggie: Where are they Ed?

Ed: I’ve put ol’ Blue and Sabilla in a gunny sack out the back. Let’s see if the Salvos send us a letter of thanks this year.

Three weeks pass and a letter arrives:

Dear Maggie and Ed,

Re: Your kind donation of two dead dogs.

Go fuck yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Captain I. P. Freely

Take care everyone and good punting.

Back again soon.

Until that time friends . . .until that time.

Steven

Sextus
16-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Laugh, and you make the world laughs with you.

Cry, and you cry alone.

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Perhaps the dogs weren't dead when they were placed in the charity bin.

They have to be dead to make hamburger mince!