PDA

View Full Version : General talk C'Mon Aussies, cheers to your new Cricket Captain, Steve Smith & Co are in the crease

AHLUNGOR
19-12-2014, 04:17 PM
What a Test Captaincy debut for young Steve Smith !!

133 and a great partnership with Mitch Johnson !!

We are now 9/503 with a lead of 95.

The tails are batting as if they are the top orders: Johnson (88), Lyon (23), Starc 51 n.o. and Hazlewood 31 n.o. !!

Johnson usual bowls well when he bats well, think the first Ashes test last year, now Starc gets half century and both Lyon and Hazlewood had got a start!

Can't wait to see when the Aussies are out there to face the Indian top orders again very soon !!

Go Aussies !!

:shout:

AHLUNGOR
20-12-2014, 11:27 AM
It's the Mitchell Johnson show ON this morning again !!

I knew it, didn't I say when Johnson bats well, his bowling will follow !!

3 wickets this morning, 2 in one over, welcome back Mitch, go get them brother !!!

And Hazlewood got the Indian Captain out for a duck !!

C'mon Ausssie !!!

:shout::shout::shout:

Oneonone
20-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Steve Smith has been a great find with his batting and I am glad to see him doing well as Captain.

It was great to see the Indians have a go at Johnston yesterday he has answered them both with bat and now ball.

Go Aussie Go!

AHLUNGOR
20-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Steve Smith has been a great find with his batting and I am glad to see him doing well as Captain.

It was great to see the Indians have a go at Johnston yesterday he has answered them both with bat and now ball.

Go Aussie Go!

The Aussie should go on and win the 2nd test quite comfortably !

Now the question is, who will be man of the match ??

Smith or Johnson ??

pantydroppa
20-12-2014, 12:17 PM
The only way the Australian test team will move forward for the future is to expose the up and comers to test match conditions: Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins and play out the old school players: Clark, Siddle, Harris.

harmony
20-12-2014, 12:22 PM
We have been lucky, our cricket captains generally lead by example
Steve Smith is setting a great example for all the Australian batsman
Score hundreds
Centuries are possible against this Indian bowling attack
As a professional batsman, thats what you are being paid to do

Its almost the norm that we see the Australian bowlers scoring big scores, embarrasing our higher order batsman - see it every year
If Mitch Johnson can score 88, then the batsmen scoring less than 50 should be ashamed of themselves
Particularly over 3-4 innings, thats enough time to show your stuff at this level

If I was the coach, Id be making all batsmen who scored less than Mitch, polish his shoes for the next match

pantydroppa
20-12-2014, 12:50 PM
We have been lucky, our cricket captains generally lead by example
Steve Smith is setting a great example for all the Australian batsman
Score hundreds
Centuries are possible against this Indian bowling attack
As a professional batsman, thats what you are being paid to do

Its almost the norm that we see the Australian bowlers scoring big scores, embarrasing our higher order batsman - see it every year
If Mitch Johnson can score 88, then the batsmen scoring less than 50 should be ashamed of themselves
Particularly over 3-4 innings, thats enough time to show your stuff at this level

If I was the coach, Id be making all batsmen who scored less than Mitch, polish his shoes for the next match

Keep in mind opening batsmen face brand new balls and fresh bowlers.

By the time Mitchell Johnson came in the ball was old and the
fielding team bowlers included were tired

Throw in the fact that they revved him up and made some poor fielding and bowling options.

Once India took the new ball it didn't take long to get him out.

Oneonone
20-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Mitch Johnston finished with 4 wickets and we need 128 to win should be good if Dave Warner can get going.

We should have a win by tonight!.

ouch
20-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Steve Smith wow what a season. Josh Hazlewood not a bad effort for first test either

pantydroppa
20-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Watson and Warner out.
It's only fitting the Captain hits the winning runs on his debut as Captain.

AHLUNGOR
22-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Steve Smith got man of the match !

I'm OK with that, but I would have handed the honour to Mitchell Johnson, as he did it with both his bat and the ball !!

Smithy had a Captain's knock of 133 off 191 balls while Johnson as no.8 got 88 runs off 93 which I'm sure had also inspired the Aussie tails to bat well and made a significant contributions to our total:

Starc (52), Lyon (23), Hazlewood (32) had combined total of 195 rooms for the bowlers !!

In comparison, the Indian tails only made 49 runs - That's the match right there !!

And it has taken the 4th innings this summer for Johnson to reach his brilliant best !

His spell from 2-76, 3-86, 4-86 and Hazlewood chipped in for 4-87 - four wickets to fall for 11 runs !! the Indian never recovered !!

Can't wait for the Boxing Day test to come !!

Go Smithy

Go Mitch

Go Aussie !!

:shout::shout::shout:

AHLUNGOR
27-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Welcome back Brad Haddin!

A commanding half century at the G !

Now go on to make a Ton with Smithy !

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
27-12-2014, 11:14 AM
The new Captain makes his maiden ton at the Boxing Day Match!

His hat trick of centuries in this test series !!

Good on you Smithy, really leading by example !!

Go Aussie !

ouch
27-12-2014, 11:17 AM
if australia gonna drop a match this year it be this one.. i put money on them :P

AHLUNGOR
07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Steve Smith made 4 Centuries in 4 Test Matches vs India !!

And the Australian Batsmen had collectively put on a score of over 500+ in each of the 4 x 1st innings in the Four Tests - Great efforts !!

Captain Smith has just declared at 7/572 !

After Ryan Harris put on a quickie 25 runs off 9 balls !! at a strike rate of 277.78 !!

Go Aussie !