PDA

View Full Version : General talk Beware, Punting in Shanghai

Mdlovespunting
02-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I really should have posted this a while ago, but a mate has just returned from Shanghai with a similar experience.
I was staying at the Hyatt on the Bund, in October 2014, just about anywhere you go you get accosted by people wanting to take you for a massage etc, I had resisted up till this point, but I was leaving the Hote one morning and a well spoken fellow, asked if I was interested in a massage, just around the corner. I thought, why not, you have to sample the local delights, so I followed him to a place, literally in the next street, directly behind the Hotel.
Was ushered in and met by an old Mama San, very chatty, led me into a room to choose from about 5 very good looking girls.
Any way, to cut a long story short, just in general chat, they ask you why you're in China, what's your job etc, all very nice and casual, maybe this was a warning, I should have said I was a copper back home! So after the business, the girl leaves and is immediately followed by a guy carrying a drink tray with two glasses of Whisky, I immediatly knew I was in trouble.
I said I hadn't ordered a drink, so no thanks, but he still presented me with a bill for 35,000 RMB!!!! I again said politely that I hadn't ordered the drinks and didn't want them, he then became very angry and the "muscle" then entered the room, he was shouting about offending my host, I was a guest, what I had down was illegal and I had to pay.
They roughed me up a bit, I paid on Credit card and left, and cancelled the card 30 seconds later. I thought at the time, to test them, I'm a fairly big front rower and still think I can handle myself OK, thank god I didn't. My mate has just returned and the same thing happened to him, but he pushed his luck, the result isn't pretty, he's very sick and sorry. (Not the same place by the way, this was a place off the main road that runs off the Bund)
So guys, it's a warning, it's tempting, but I wouldn't go there, this is about the 5th instance of this I've heard of, unfortunately, all since I returned, I had know about it before leaving Oz, I don't think I would have tried, it's just not worth it

numberonebigsize
03-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Same modus operandi as the old London clip joints. I think a couple are still operating in Soho but now controlled by those Eastern European criminal pricks.

BrainSex
12-01-2015, 05:52 PM
yep, it is punting. I also stayed at the Hyatt, what a beautiful hotel, how cool are those electric blackout curtains?

to be honest I never go with anyone whom approaches me, I always make a proactive effort for a place.

that freelancer nightclub place in Shanghai is awesome if you ever get back there.

sorry to hear about you and your friend, good lessons for all.

sbk
22-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the warring. Did you get your money back or you had to lodge a dispute?

Raybo
24-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Fark.....thats like $7000AUD.

pussymagnet
26-02-2015, 11:06 PM

fazz1234
17-03-2015, 06:03 PM

that's a massive bill!

CunningLinguist
17-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the warning!

H3da
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Expensive lesson lol

razza__88
06-05-2015, 10:01 PM
WOW scary. i was there a month on a business/wedding trip and didn't once got ask for a massage...glad they didnt ask me but a little disappointed that they must have thought i was poorest Aussie out or something :fire:

AHLUNGOR
08-05-2015, 03:19 PM

If I am travelling, I will only take with me a small amount of local currency, and a VISA debit card which would only have about AUD$200.00-$300.00 in there, enough for some meals and purchases of small items. this is to avoid credit card frauds.

H3da
09-05-2015, 01:25 PM
You have more chances at karaoke clubs if you go alone or get someone whose a local to go there with you. You could end up in jail lol

tales88
14-06-2015, 01:38 AM
My friend got scammed in beijing, they went in for karaoke and some drinks, a couple of girls came in and kept them company for a couple of hours, didnt do anything with them. Got handed a bill for over $1k. Had to pay up.

perfect23
19-09-2015, 09:35 PM
just DON'T bother punting in China unless you can speak chinese or are with someone who can

flamejob
02-12-2015, 12:42 AM
i was in Soho awhile ago with some mates and ended up in what appeared to be a cheap strip club. The fuckers tried to shake us down for the girls drinks at a ridiculous amount of money. we told them to go fuck themselves and shit got pretty hairy for a while. we managed to leave without blood being spilled but i'd hate to have walked in there by myself. we were lucky that there was a group of us. on top of all that, not one girl got their kit off either, lol. fkn extortion.

ThomasT2015
04-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Never use card in china, always cash only .
But with the inflation today , 5000-6000 chinese yun is a safe amount to take when seeking fun .

yipsamsam
18-01-2016, 05:01 PM
always use cash in China...

wilisno
21-01-2016, 11:57 AM
If I am travelling, I will only take with me a small amount of local currency, and a VISA debit card which would only have about AUD$200.00-$300.00 in there, enough for some meals and purchases of small items. this is to avoid credit card frauds.
It's worse if you have no money, you'll be awarded with rougher treatment ! 見紅 !

sing400
21-01-2016, 05:22 PM
How is the police raid in China these days?
Will be travelling to HK/China next month and planning ahead as I've never had anything more than a sneaky HJ at the big spa/massage centres.
I saw this massage group deal thing in HK, and bought the voucher, travelled to Shen zhen, for about $200hkd plus tip?
I got 2 hrs massage and one hour of the leg massage/you choose what you want from a list.

I initially went for a proper massage but thought I'd try my luck, towards the end of the 2hr massage in a private room, i asked the lady (in her early 20s), whether she could help me out as I had a boner through out the 2 hrs. She told me the managers won't allow this and she would get in shit if managers find out, but she gave a sneaky HJ through the loose shorts anyways.

Kinda like the thrill i got. Just wondering, for the proper joints in Shenzhen, is it almost certain or at least a high chance, that we will get a HJ at least?
And should we be worried about the cops being in this 'legit' place?

Will definitely report back after the trip.

Cheers

icanfly
29-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Geez i feel lucky. I was in shanghai and BJ three years ago and went to local massage parlours in SH and into a private apartment in BJ where girls were ushering you in from the street and never had any fraud issues. The groups were everywhere though trying to take you to a bar etc but I knew the scam so ended up playing with them wasting their time by making them think they hooked a sucker. In SH there was some club I went to with freelancers but they were all Vietnamese and I wanted some Chinese but oh well.. in BJ a lot of Mongolians too but they wanted to charge a fortune. Still amuses me when they spoke with a Russian accent but look Chinese on the outside