PDA

View Full Version : General talk Alipay

keum
24-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone,
A WL insists on me buying Alipay in the Post office at the last minute as mode of payment before agreeing to meet up. Didn't end up meeting even I have arrived at the address as I found the request strange, and she refused to meet unless I used cash to convert to Alipay first. Anyway, just wondering if you guys have a similar experience or is this common nowadays? Any advice?

BigBoy
24-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Its a Scam, walk away.. Cash is king for any WL.

MAX FAKE
24-01-2015, 11:23 PM
This is a very common scam in Hong Kong. Chances are she/he is not even at the address provided.

Do not fall for it.

harmony
25-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Sending money electronically, to an uncertain destination, paying for something that doesn't exist.
Amazing in 2015 people are still doing this
Can someone explain this to me please

keum
25-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the advice bros ... apparently I think it is a system where you can use AUD to convert to RMB, which in turn can be used in stores that accept Alipay. Verified from the Aust Post that they do provide such service ... I didn't go ahead (as I found it a very strange request; yes, cash is king in such situation) but I think they will pass on a card/voucher? Anyway, the WL claim that it is for safety reasons for the first time (claiming the authorities might mark the cash and set a bait) and I can pass it on to her after the service. Note that Alipay was never mentioned when arranging day/time to meet. Will only show up in person to pick me from her apt block downstairs after I have done so. Got angry when I insist not using Alipay after much messaging to and fro ... so didn't end up meeting her. My other suspicion was that she might not be the person (photos sent) she claimed to be. If I walked away, it would be a great hassle trying to offload the converted amount in Alipay which I don't even know if (how) I can use it at all.

Thought I should share my experience so that others will be aware.

PS End up having a nice massage elsewhere and saved much $$$!