PDA

View Full Version : General talk Sex apps increase risk of STIs, US researchers warn

BrainSex
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Came across this interesting research. Guys and girls using sex chat apps (tinder, wechat) etc are more dramatically likely to have an STI.

Sex apps increase risk of STIs, US researchers warn (http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27812478)

I guess the girls play the same as us

RottenLittlePunt
03-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Something to put that into perspective, a 2009 study showed that 1 in 4 teenage girls in the US had an STI.

http://www.webmd.com/sex/news/20091123/1-in-4-teen-girls-have-sti

This problem was around long before dating apps, but researchers skew the facts to sell their story.

BrainSex
04-02-2015, 07:14 AM
some of the supporting articles around this implied that 1 in 4 teenage girls might have STI but the ones using dating apps, it's 1-2 have STI.

ANyway, got me thinking, maybe I should have a regular check up, even though no symptoms.

harmony
04-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Sounds like protected sex is a must if meeting women from these phone dating applications

Since the reported STI rate is 50% amongst people using these dating programs, maybe a full body latex condom is more appropriate:

http://www.nairaland.com/1970598/rock-full-body-suit-condom

RottenLittlePunt
04-02-2015, 10:00 AM
ANyway, got me thinking, maybe I should have a regular check up, even though no symptoms.

Agreed, already got a referral from my GP.

2 rhetorical questions for all punters to consider

- Would you change your habits if you got a positive STI test result?
- With regards to the first question, do you think other punters would do the same?

BrainSex
04-02-2015, 07:26 PM
- Would you change your habits if you got a positive STI test result?
Yes. I always use a condom...except for the three women last year with whom i didn't. I would need to change that habit regardless of how 'clean' they assured me they were. Certainly any girl that goes to bed with me on the first meeting I assume would do the same for others, i always use a condom...except for the time that I had no condom left after the first round and the girl wanted to go again. Other than those exceptions I always have protected sex except for BBBJ & DATY interstate.

- With regards to the first question, do you think other punters would do the same?

Up to them, I can only protect myself.

Rob.Kilbey
04-02-2015, 08:35 PM
The one that you have to worry about is chlamydia --- symptoms are not obvious a lot of time. Condoms are great protection but uncovered you can easily pick up chlamydia and pass it on to a girlfriend or even worse a wife.

A mate of mine did this and he had no idea he was carrying it.....uncovered oral carrys a tiny risk only...

The other Sti's are all very obvious....good luck gents !

Digger
04-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Y
The one that you have to worry about is chlamydia --- symptoms are not obvious a lot of time. Condoms are great protection but uncovered you can easily pick up chlamydia and pass it on to a girlfriend or even worse a wife.

A mate of mine did this and he had no idea he was carrying it.....uncovered oral carrys a tiny risk only...

Also, carried by Koalas so be careful who you cuddle!!

gpeck80
04-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Thats a great idea harmony, but it would really get in the way of my yoga.

popeye96
04-02-2015, 10:58 PM

I wouldn't say HIV or hepatitis have obvious symptoms.

Rob.Kilbey
06-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Yes Popeye you are very correct !