PDA

View Full Version : I've been around - but I never post

BrainSex
20-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Decided to remove a lot of this stuff, really it's not relevant.

beast1u
20-01-2013, 05:56 PM
How do we give credibility to new posters whom say things like:

"I'm a regular visitor to this site, and I'm always reading this and that"

"Ignore my low post count, I've been around for ages"

This is the internet, to gain credibility in the forums, you really need to post reviews and worthwhile comment.

So, for first time posters, instead of asking for PM of details, or bagging a person, how about posting 2-3 reviews.

There is no other way other than contribute and post reviews. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sorry - no shortcuts.
Want the good stuff? Well then sign up, get involved, and get your rep up.

BrainSex
20-01-2013, 06:02 PM

PavP
20-01-2013, 06:29 PM
benefit of doubt together with joining date could be a good indicator

ReadySetGo
20-01-2013, 08:18 PM
As a newbie myself, one thing I have noticed is that there may already be a review up for a certain WL. As I pretty much agreed with the review I don't really bother posting anything. I guess I just don't want to clog up the reviews with basically the same info for a girl that is already there.

Also, do you need to check with a WL before posting? I just thought it would probably be more courteous to let them know that you are putting there details online and critiquing them. I know most can be found on the net anyway but wasn't sure if you should check first.

BrainSex
20-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Kenji2
20-01-2013, 08:49 PM
It's good to have another's POV on a lady regardless of how many others have contributed. Even if you agree with the review just say so as it gives a good indication of what another might expect. Of course if you're a punter then it's given that YMMV.

I see no reason why you should inform a WL that you're posting a review. Everything is online, freedom of speech and information and whatnot. If said lady doesn't want to be reviewed or criticized then she is in the wrong business. Sure it might be courteous to ask but I wouldn't hold back a review if I was asked to. Take the good with the bad, share the wealth of knowledge, it's what forums are for. If not, then just lurk and keep your mouth shut.

onthehunt
21-01-2013, 10:11 AM
As a newbie myself, one thing I have noticed is that there may already be a review up for a certain WL. As I pretty much agreed with the review I don't really bother posting anything. I guess I just don't want to clog up the reviews with basically the same info for a girl that is already there.

Also, do you need to check with a WL before posting? I just thought it would probably be more courteous to let them know that you are putting there details online and critiquing them. I know most can be found on the net anyway but wasn't sure if you should check first.
Don't worry about the fact that a WL may already have a review posted or 5 reviews or 100 reviews. All you gotta do is write a review. The fact that you post a review builds your credibility - at least some punters think so. You don't even have to have visited the WL. You could simply base your review on someone else's and change a few details, you know, just to make it seem like it was your own experience. Who's to say you didn't see her? Problem solved! :p

grunt1234
21-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Don't worry about the fact that a WL may already have a review posted or 5 reviews or 100 reviews. All you gotta do is write a review. The fact that you post a review builds your credibility - at least some punters think so. You don't even have to have visited the WL. You could simply base your review on someone else's and change a few details, you know, just to make it seem like it was your own experience. Who's to say you didn't see her? Problem solved! :p

I think you found he flaw in this cunning plan. Maybe only the first review of a new lady should count, shows you are willing to take one for the team.

grunt1234
21-01-2013, 06:20 PM
I say take one for the team since 90% of unreviewed ladies from cracker will no doubt turn out to be fake.

aussiegaigin
21-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't think it hurts to have more than one review of a girl. Some first posts may be from someone who has a "vested interest" in the girl or shop concerned and may be stretching the truth. You wouldn't go to Trip Advisor and accept the first review of a hotel as being 100% accurate.

Customers' expectations can vary so a girl can give different satisfaction levels. Girls can also suffer mood swings, or have different reactions to different customers, factors which can affect their performance.

So a girl who gives consistent high ratings from several reviews is a better bet than one who has mixed reviews. Thus the more reviews the better, IMHO.

ReadySetGo
21-01-2013, 09:13 PM
I guess it does make sense to have multiple reviews from different sources. I guess it is more reliable than just one obscure review from one person.

wally2
21-01-2013, 10:26 PM
onthehunt...don't encourage any bullshit reviews.......already enough bull on this site as there is.

beast1u
22-01-2013, 12:15 AM

A while ago I had a business trip to Sydney so I used the Sydney section of the forum to get a bit of info. One thing I noticed was how active it was, even though a lot of it was just shop owners trying to promote their businesses. I thought it was really great how they had a community and I wanted our Brisbane section to have more activity because at the time it was pretty dead. I decided to post more because I figured there's no reason not to share anyway.

My point is this forum is only as good as the content us members post. Obviously if a newbie is here reading the threads then they're either punting or living vicariously through other members. If you're punting and you don't really wanna take the gamble then yeah, take some of the tips already mentioned and go for a safe bet. But once you're done, may aswell post a real review and do contribute something of value rather than fake bs.

Anyway it takes more than a couple of reviews to build your rep up. You can't exactly go and copy 30 reviews without somebody noticing, I know I'll def pick up on that. Either plenty of reviews or the discovery of a new girl that's a real gem, like the recent one by bro 'icanfly' when he told everybody about Tanya.