PDA

View Full Version : General talk Landmark legal case, judge tells council show me more sex

loaded
08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Interesting piece with council spending over $100k of rate payers money to lose the case.

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/show-me-more-sex-judge-tells-council-in-landmark-legal-case-20150308-13vx7g.touch.html

Licker
08-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Funny part of the article is that apparently the staff of a chartered accountancy has nothing better to do than to sit the whole day and count the number of customers of a nearby business. One per hour on average :)

10-15 customers = "with amazement, the sheer numbers that flow through the place".
Well, if you (note the plural in quote) have time to sit there the whole day watching traffic, you apparently don't have any customers visiting your business :)

Ron Smith, who runs a chartered accountancy from the same complex, said: "We have sat there and watched, with amazement, the sheer numbers that flow through the place. Ten to 15 men a day. We have never once seen a woman enter the premises."

CunningLinguist
08-03-2015, 09:14 PM
I bet all the alleged illegal "brothels" will be vying for council attention now to get more business from council sponsored "punters". Perhaps a leaflet drop is in order :)
I bet the silly Duffer is planning to run for council elections soon ...

I think Duff needs to spend some time in Japan, or Europe, to get a sense of perspective.

aussiegaigin
08-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Another bit of rivetting journalism from Eammon Duff. He must be the best publicist these shops could get, and it doesn't cost them a cent.

But no girls going in? Maybe it was a gay shop like Ken's LOL?

aussiegaigin
08-03-2015, 09:32 PM
I bet all the alleged illegal "brothels" will be vying for council attention now to get more business from council sponsored "punters". Perhaps a leaflet drop is in order :)
I bet the silly Duffer is planning to run for council elections soon ...

I think Duff needs to spend some time in Japan, or Europe, to get a sense of perspective.

The way might now be open for all those shops that have been closed down in the past to appeal and seek damages from the councils concerned.

I think we need to create an AUS99 award to this judge, for services to punters

Sergaent Brody
08-03-2015, 09:47 PM
The council's legal team could just read my post on the other thread before going to court ...

sheer incompetence .... and good old Eamon. ...

Sergaent Brody
08-03-2015, 09:48 PM
The way might now be open for all those shops that have been closed down in the past to appeal and seek damages from the councils concerned.

I think we need to create an AUS99 award to this judge, for services to punters

Maybe he is here and reading it ....

aussiegaigin
08-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Perhaps Brothel Busters will need to employ a few more busters

light016
09-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Imagine being appointed as "Brothels Commissioner"

wilisno
09-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Imagine being appointed as "Brothels Commissioner"
What about Minister for Sexual Affairs ! ;) ;) ;)