PDA

View Full Version : General talk Regular Sexual Health Checks

Littlewonder
21-01-2013, 10:15 AM
It came up under the thread on wl and the pill about health checks so I did a search and decided to start a new thread, with some of what I found.

You need to consider having a sexual health check-up:
• At the beginning of a new relationship, particularly if you don't plan to use condoms.
• If you have recently ended a relationship.
• If you have had unsafe sex or believe there was some risk to your health during a sexual encounter.
• If you have genital symptoms such as pain, discharge, itching, etc.
• If you hink you might have an STI.
• If your partner has recently had an STI.
• If you want information on preventing pregnancy.
• Regularly, if you get paid for sex work.
• Regularly, if you have frequent changes in sexual partners.
• Regularly, if you have sex with people outside your relationship.
• If you are concerned about some aspect of your sexual health.
• Regularly, if you are sexually active and part of a population group in which there is a high frequency rate of STIs.

Recently the Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians published a set of clinical guidelines recommending:

Gay and other homosexually active men - Annually test for gonorrhoea, chlamydia, hepatitis A (immunise), hepatitis B (immunise), syphilis, and HIV.

Sex workers - Every 3 - 6 months undertake physical genital examination and test for gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, hepatitis B (immunise), and HIV.

People who inject drugs - Annually test for chlamydia, hepatitis B (immunise),hepatitis C, syphilis, and HIV.

Young people - Annually (for those who have changed sexual partner/s) test for chlamydia and hepatitis B (immunise).

For further information:
Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians

Clinical guidelines for the management of STIs among priority population groups

wilisno
21-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Well ! In short, whoever comes to this forum and comes to read this post should have a regular checkup !

Licker
21-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks for posting LW.

I have trouble understanding couple of items though.
This post is more of the tongue at cheek variety (= joking), just to keep this a happy place.
And I do know that you are not responsible of the content LW :)

You need to consider having a sexual health check-up:
• If you have recently ended a relationship.

For your peace of mind before starting a new relationship, it is a good thing to get tested (not to pass anything along),
but does ending a relationship mean that you are in a risk group :)
(or that a relationship necessarily involves sex?)

Recently the Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians published a set of clinical guidelines recommending:
Gay and other homosexually active men - Annually test...

What are these "other homosexually active men" if not gay? :question:

If they mean bisexual, why don't they say so? :fire:

Max Impact
21-01-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't mind the checks, it's the questions that one doesn't want to answer truthfully. After the first lecture (including that BBBJ is a no-no) I tailor my answers now.

Sextus
21-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Just say "please test me for this and this." Then don't say another word.

Take a nail file and file your nails or something to fill in the silence.

Max Impact
21-01-2013, 08:50 PM
When they ask how many in the last week, then month then year! What do I say without the old bird falling off her perch?

DeepImpact
21-01-2013, 09:07 PM
When they ask how many in the last week, then month then year! What do I say without the old bird falling off her perch?

Well start counting them using your fingers whilst staring at the ceiling then tell her you are going to have to take off your socks to add to the count and does she mind if you use her fingers and toes to keep adding to the scoreboard... she should get the idea it's a big number.

In reality it doesn't really matter as long as it's more than a handful.

Sextus
21-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah, and what about the "sex worker" question? I should have expected that one. My mouth gulped like a goldfish for a moment or two, before I made out I was just big on the "singles" scene!

Next time though, as I am prepared now and encouraged by the unanimity of thinking on this forum about that topic, I'll give the fuckers the full story, and dare them to comment on it.

Either that, or I'll just take along my nail file.

*I bought a brilliant one from the girly section of the chemist. Man, the sides of it are made entirely out of tiny, glittering industrial diamonds! My nails are like satin.

Of course, you know why I bought it too.

Max Impact
21-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Great replies DI and Ginza Loving Sextus. The other question I dislike is : were they from Asian countries (oh no, of course not, they were ABC, ABJ. ABV). wakakakakkkk