PDA

View Full Version : General talk Sapphire Resord

BrainSex
19-03-2015, 09:36 AM
As a near city venue I have been able to enjoy frequent visits to a Resort in West End. At $120 for cash, they had previously been a nice option. Last week I dropped in and the check-in process is now more complicated. So many questions and takes so long. Booking form, customer form, photo id, security deposit.

I wonder if people would share interesting city hotels that they have found in this price range.

RottenLittlePunt
19-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Not sure if I am missing something in your post but you can book this place for less than $90 a night on Wotif.com

BrainSex
19-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Is that Wotif which appears on your credit card and creates a nice stream of communication and tracking?

RottenLittlePunt
19-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Is that Wotif which appears on your credit card and creates a nice stream of communication and tracking?

Ok I get it now. Maybe the /hour motels along Kingsford smith drive are more what you are looking for? or are you looking for an all nighter?

RottenLittlePunt
19-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Ok I get it now. Maybe the /hour motels along Kingsford smith drive are more what you are looking for? or are you looking for an all nighter?

Depending on how often you require accommodation, you might find student accommodation useful. You can get a room for about $150 a week and you just stay there whenever you are "in town". Only draw back is that some landlords have strict rules about guests staying there overnight. But if you shop around it could be a better setup (especially for Wechat) as you don't have to explain why you are taking her to a hotel instead of your home.

BrainSex
20-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Depending on how often you require accommodation, you might find student accommodation useful. You can get a room for about $150 a week and you just stay there whenever you are "in town". Only draw back is that some landlords have strict rules about guests staying there overnight. But if you shop around it could be a better setup (especially for Wechat) as you don't have to explain why you are taking her to a hotel instead of your home.

I've been thinking about something like that. Not sure that I'm that organised. I get to flighty.

Is it usually a few month commitment?

Share accomm ? LIke a unit with 2-3 ppl already?

RottenLittlePunt
20-03-2015, 11:18 PM
I've been thinking about something like that. Not sure that I'm that organised. I get to flighty.

Is it usually a few month commitment?

Share accomm ? LIke a unit with 2-3 ppl already?

Yeah, I have looked at a few ads for "student" accomodation, and I have dated a few MLs who use them so I get the general gist of how it works. Landlord might look at you a bit funny as they usually get students but I was going to give them a story about work travel making this the cheapest option.