PDA

View Full Version : General talk Just lost three overnights ...

Sergaent Brody
01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
To the fucken pokies ... again ...

Sorry just needed to rant it out

Mr Bastard
01-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Been there myself many a yr ago my friend........................thankfully they are very rarely in my concience these days.........good luck with it all......

wilisno
01-04-2015, 06:50 PM

That's about the price for an overnight double with Niki and Crystal ! ;) ;) ;)

hoofgan
01-04-2015, 10:07 PM

No good man! Better luck next time!

Sergaent Brody
01-04-2015, 10:53 PM
That's about the price for an overnight double with Niki and Crystal ! ;) ;) ;)

The way you put it makes this whole thing even more painful to beat ...

Good_guy_Greg
01-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear bro, I know all too well how that feels like.

Best to stop gambling now and cut your losses, BUT if you MUST gamble, I'd say that just expect your best result to be to win like 10-20% of your bankroll. If you start with $2000, win $200 and go. Much better than losing $2000. Don't try to double it or chase for more, it rarely works out. If you think about it, a bank gives you 4% in a year, so winning 10% in 15 mins is pretty good.

Kenchoubg
02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Over ft arsenal-liver, over corner kick.... Show hand man, get all back and get some profit

Debo
02-04-2015, 08:32 AM
If you truly want to stop you have to admitted to yourself you have a problem and sweet it out like any other addiction. It will make you stronger and your will power better, if your just having a rant then shit happens.

The sooner you accept it the sooner you will be able to gradually stop all together. I don't mean to sound blunt, you just have to put in the hard yards.

Think about what that money could have been used on, it will help you get the incentive to stop. For eg car, house, new TV, pay TV if you're a sports fan.

rooter
02-04-2015, 08:59 AM
3 overnights, so that's over $3000?
That's a lot of money bro!
I'm spewing when I lose $50!
My strategy is to go in with $50 and if I win i cash out and if I lose that's it, I walk.
But I am a small time gambler as you can see.
Worst case scenario I lose $50 and best case scenario I win a few hundred bucks.
I think true gamblers just don't quit once they lose some money; they keep pumping more money in to win back their losses.
And even if they win they still want to win more so they pump their winnings back in again anyway.

AHLUNGOR
02-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Yeah, as a born again gambling addict, I can see how quickly you can lose a few thousand dollars - for me on roulette tables all those years ago - when you were in the middle of a bad run, it's like pouring water down a drain !

Then you max out your Westpac, St George, NAB, Combank, Virgin credit, GE Money and even Bank of Queensland cards, fucking shit! That was really ulgy !!

harmony
02-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Sergaent Brody
Im sorry to hear about your habit
You do have a major problem dont you
Im not judging you. Far from it. I hope you will recover completely
I think most people on this forum have a problematic habit of one type or another, so you are not alone

I also notice now on TV gambling advertisements, they say both:
"Gamble responsibility", but also now they say
"Dont chase your losses"

Let me be direct for a moment:

How serious do you remain, in stopping this habit ?
For example, in June-July this year, will you still be gambling ?
Is your habit a display of how you have let life's disciplines in general slip as well ?
Whenever a person has a destructive habit, usually the disciplines of life (sleep, diet, care with money, selfcare, selfesteem) all are failing as well.

How many of these actions have you taken ?

1)Contacted anonymous addiction group or advice line ?
2)Contacted the management of the top 3 places that you visit, to have you restricted from entering ?
3)Admitted to yourself you have more than a problem, this is a lifethreatening addiction ?
Sorry I havent read all your posts in AUS99, but this one doesnt admit you need to change
4)Paid off all your gambling related debt, so you can be clean of this issue at least on your credit cards
5)Admitted to someone in your life (not your wife, best friend), but someone, that you have a massive problem
You cannot be held to account by us, anonymous contacts. Ssomeone in your real life needs to help you to be accountable to yourself
6)Seen a psychologist who knows about addiction (ask your GP which psychologist can bulk bill or charge very low fees)

Addictions cause your brain to be rewired
Every time you do something regularly, your brain strengthens in that behaviour, and you get better at that behaviour (eg gambling)
And when a behaviour becomes regular, it becomes you.
Other behaviours that you then neglect, like proper diet, proper exercise, disciplines like saving money not spending it, also get forgotten by your brain, and that area of the brain shrinks
The only way to fix the addiction, is getting assistance to rewire your brain

The only way to rewire a brain, is by replacing the addiction behaviour with other behaviours, and this requires discipline, to do the actions you have long forgotten how to do regularly (ie practising restraint)

All the best bro
We are all dealing with our own monkeys on our backs
But gambling (costing $1000 every week) is a monkey that is shitting down the back of your shirt and down your trousers, day after day, night after night

You are much better than that

faruk
02-04-2015, 10:03 PM
I was at the roulette tables tonight, one Aussie guy playing $100 chips everywhere. The table was packed, hands and arms everywhere. The dealer spun the ball and was about to call no more bets. I saw some Asian man reach in to place two $10 bets on a number and at the same time took two $200 chips off that number.

At first I thought he was just taking his own chips, but then I realised only the Aussie guy was playing $100 chips, and the Asian guy was playing $10 chips everywhere else, so I doubt he would bet $100 chips. I think he stole the Aussie guy's chips. I looked at him and he looked at me. Maybe he felt guilt.

Should I have said something to someone?

Mr Bastard
02-04-2015, 10:41 PM
HEY SEARGENT BRODY,
Hope the sun is rising once again for the leader of men............
Check in Bro.........

AHLUNGOR
02-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I was at the roulette tables tonight, one Aussie guy playing $100 chips everywhere. The table was packed, hands and arms everywhere. The dealer spun the ball and was about to call no more bets. I saw some Asian man reach in to place two $10 bets on a number and at the same time took two $200 chips off that number.

At first I thought he was just taking his own chips, but then I realised only the Aussie guy was playing $100 chips, and the Asian guy was playing $10 chips everywhere else, so I doubt he would bet $100 chips. I think he stole the Aussie guy's chips. I looked at him and he looked at me. Maybe he felt guilt.

Should I have said something to someone?

Best is to mind your own business, sounds like a high roller in play, usually table like this will be watched on by many eyes in the sky, good luck to the $10 chips guy ...........lol

harmony
02-04-2015, 11:08 PM
By the way Bro Ahl, "Eye In the Sky (1982)" by Alans Parson Project, was a great song !
Whenever I hear it now, I will think about surveillance cameras !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhgMBgTB34

Cheers

Sergaent Brody
03-04-2015, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the great advice guys ...

Yes I have a problem and I have decided it will be problem no more from today ...

Don't need this shit and don't want it anymore ...