PDA

View Full Version : General talk Japs raping 20,000+ Chinese women from 6- 80 years old

doctorspock
01-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Rape of Nanking: https://youtu.be/aQnBvs3LTZw

AHLUNGOR
01-04-2015, 10:33 PM
And nearly 300,000 innocent civilians were slaughtered !!

南京大屠殺!

Mr. Who
02-04-2015, 10:06 AM
considering the event occurred in 1937, and was perpetrated by people of adult age, few if any are even alive any more and most of the victims have passed also.

Please tell me you are not suggesting that history is not important as long as both criminals and victims are no longer alive.

This is a forum about punting.

And this is a section called General Talk.

Utamaro
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
That figure (20,000 are raped, 300,000 people were killed) are the claims by Chinese side and it's a big debate in Japan... of course Japanese are claiming the numbers were much lower.

I think Chinese government are partly using this incident to cover up what they have done during Cultural Revolutions...like, "look, other people have done much worse!!".

I am sure many people are killed and raped in Nankin. I am not defending Japanese army but those type of incidents are always happening during the war. Can we just move on??

harmony
02-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Violence against women is abhorrent

Human rights violations and corruption on a national scale are also abhorrent

I dont think either country has clean hands

Lets make the message of this thread be that we must always stand for fair treatment of men, women and children, no matter what the nationality

Miyamoto
02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Yellow_fever and harmony have the best comments on this thread. There was no preface or backstory to the posted link, just a derogatory use of "japs". It appears as though the post was just made to score some sort of racial point. I don't think there is a nation on earth that hadn't done something atrocious in the past. Despite my name, I am not Japanese, so I am giving my opinion from in unbiased perspective

wilisno
02-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Yellow_fever and harmony have the best comments on this thread. There was no preface or backstory to the posted link, just a derogatory use of "japs". It appears as though the post was just made to score some sort of racial point. I don't think there is a nation on earth that hadn't done something atrocious in the past. Despite my name, I am not Japanese, so I am giving my opinion from in unbiased perspective
A war crime especially genocide at this magnitude takes generations or centuries to get over, even the king of Japan had apologized for it a few years back.

It's true that we should move on, but it happened not that long ago, and some witnessed it first hand are still alive, eye-witnessed accounts passed on from generations to generations, you can't help some animosity is still there.

The Nazi war criminals are still being prosecuted to this date ...

Debo
02-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Crimes should never be forgotten because its how we as a human race learn and try not to repeat history.

Germany pays reparations to Israel as does america to Japan. America won't pay reparations to the ansestors of the slave trade who haven't seen a cent from the billions made off their backs.

That shit is f'd up.

Licker
02-04-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't think there is a nation on earth that hadn't done something atrocious in the past.

I think Liechtenstein might be a nation that hasn't done something atrocious in the past.
There isn't enough people for that :)

The following depict the most fierce event in their history.

Liechtenstein follows a policy of neutrality and is one of the few countries in the world that maintains no military. The army was abolished soon after the Austro-Prussian War of 1866, in which Liechtenstein fielded an army of 80 men, although they were not involved in any fighting. The demise of the German Confederation in that war freed Liechtenstein from its international obligation to maintain an army, and parliament seized this opportunity and refused to provide funding for one. The Prince objected, as such a move would leave the country defenseless, but relented on 12 February 1868 and disbanded the force. The last soldier to serve under the colours of Liechtenstein died in 1939 at age 95.

During the 1980s the Swiss army fired off shells during an exercise and mistakenly burned a patch of forest inside Liechtenstein. The incident was said to be resolved "over a case of white wine".

In March 2007, a 170-person Swiss infantry unit became lost during a training exercise and inadvertently crossed 1.5 km (0.9 miles) into Liechtenstein. The accidental invasion ended when the unit realized their mistake and turned back. The Swiss army later informed Liechtenstein of the incursion and offered official apologies.

harmony
02-04-2015, 06:32 PM
haha. Good stuff Licker

We gotta stop this discussion soon

Political debates are the best way to stuff up the libido

Cheers

kezza
02-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Not sure why the original post was started but there are two films worth watching on this ... "City of Life and Death" by Lu Chuan and "The Rape of Nanking" by Iris Chang..

fairmont
03-04-2015, 06:19 AM
War and rape go hand in hand, When Russia and the alias invaded Germany the Russian army decided that raping was payback to Germany for the many Russain men killed when Germany tried to invade Russia. It was reported that around 10,000 German women committed suicide after being raped by the Russian army. If you go back through history rape has always been used as a sign of dominance in war time both civil and world wars, not all civil wars of course but enough. Remember too that these women and girls are innocent and properly had nothing to do with the war. Is it human nature on the mans side to rape and then justify it? Is it a group mentality in war time that leads men to do this? Does not having sex for months on end play a part? Not that war is pretty but this topic would be the ugliest part of war that has always been overlooked as some like to glorify war to justify it. Remember also that these men that rape during war time have not done so before and most likely not do it again. Was not sure if I should post this, can admin remove if not acceptable for this site.