PDA

View Full Version : General talk How much does an ML get paid

opimrs
06-04-2015, 02:55 PM
I was browsing Gumtree the other day and came across an ad looking for massage ladies for a new shop in Pitt St (starting to get crowded there!). They're offering a "50% split with management" and that got me wondering whether that's the going rate. It doesn't seem much for the ML who does all the work. Makes me think it's fairer to go to places where I tip the ML personally instead of paying an all-inclusive price. But then does the ML get to keep the whole tip for herself?

aussiegaigin
06-04-2015, 03:21 PM
If the shop does not have a brothel approval, it can only charge you for the massage. The 50% split would most probably be for this fee you pay the shop. I think most shops offer this or around 60/40 either away. $25-30/hr is not bad for unskilled/semi-skilled labour, but it would depend on the shop how many hours the girl actually worked in a day.

This is why the girls are anxious to sell you extras, they would get to keep most of this, tax free.

cisco
06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Only Heaven knows ;) ;) ( joke)

jellyshots
06-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Most places work out to roughly 50/50 including the nude tip. E.g. It's more like $60 to them for an hour nude massage. Shops have expenses like towels, rent etc. oh, and advertising on aus99 :)

AHLUNGOR
07-04-2015, 10:04 AM
The masage ladies keep all the tips !

If the basic massage fees is even dollars, the split is 50/50, say $60/hr, if it is odd $5, the shop gets the extra $5, say $55/hr - then $25 to the ML and $30 to the shop!

rooter
07-04-2015, 11:25 AM
The masage ladies keep all the tips !

If the basic massage fees is even dollars, the split is 50/50, say $60/hr, if it is odd $5, the shop gets the extra $5, say $55/hr - then $25 to the ML and $30 to the shop!

So MLs can potentially earn almost twice as much in an hour by having two 30 min bookings rather than a 1 hour booking from tips. Assuming it's busy of course.
That's why MLs sometimes suggest you take a 30 min or 45 session rather than a 1 hour session.

Massageguy
07-04-2015, 02:33 PM
I've never had a massage lady ask for a shorter time..... They always want me to stay longer. Mmmmm, there must be a reason for that.

AHLUNGOR
07-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I've never had a massage lady ask for a shorter time..... They always want me to stay longer. Mmmmm, there must be a reason for that.

Circumstances may be different from shop to shop and whether it was peak time or not.

MLs will only ask you to take a shorter time like from 60 min to 30 min if she can be sure that there will be another booking in 30 min, otherwise, a 60 min booking is preferred to 30 min - more massage fees and better chance to get tips for extras. You will find shops in CBD are more likely to offer you 30 min especially during lunch and PM happy hours. Outer suburbs are usually not that busy so longer bookings are always welcome.

But then again, different time, different shop, different location can all be different - and if the ML is tired - she will definitely prefer to have a shorter session, as in 30 min quickie - she can get away without putting too much efforts in massaging part 1, not so in a 60 min session.

Just my two cents

cheers

:cool2:

Massageguy
07-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Circumstances may be different from shop to shop and whether it was peak time or not.

MLs will only ask you to take a shorter time like from 60 min to 30 min if she can be sure that there will be another booking in 30 min, otherwise, a 60 min booking is preferred to 30 min - more massage fees and better chance to get tips for extras. You will find shops in CBD are more likely to offer you 30 min especially during lunch and PM happy hours. Outer suburbs are usually not that busy so longer bookings are always welcome.

But then again, different time, different shop, different location can all be different - and if the ML is tired - she will definitely prefer to have a shorter session, as in 30 min quickie - she can get away without putting too much efforts in massaging part 1, not so in a 60 min session.

Just my two cents

cheers

:cool2:

Sorry AHL, my comment was more tongue in cheek than serious. If my name wasn't a big enough clue.

Vin
12-04-2015, 01:47 AM
They must be doing okay otherwise there would not be so many shops popping up.

One of my regular ML's is in the process of buying her third unit in Sydney. I am still trying to pay for one. And they don't pay tax on their cash earned but still gain the benefits of living in AUS.