PDA

View Full Version : Complaint The point of a roster??

winky
13-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Called in to 22 Brodie the other day. Had checked the roster (updated that day) and noticed Selina and Maya both on woohoo :)

Turned up and got told they are both on holidays! Seriously what is the point of having a roster? And the shops wonder why the punters get disgruntled...

Cheers
Winky

harmony
13-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Bro.
Agreed.
Unfortunate that two ladies were on the roster, but not actually present when you were there
At some other places, the women are rostered, but the trick seems to be when they choose to start.
At some places they turn up at 7pm. No good if you turn up at 4pm

*So ... did you ring up first ?*
A roster is only as reliable as what is confirmed on the phone before you turn up

Sad but entirely true.
A lot of rosters are tentative, and sometimes change at the last minute because the woman chooses not to work that day or to come late

Ive never been to Brodie
Just making a general comment based on whats been mentioned at other places

Feel your disappointment, but you need to expand more on how organised you were

Personally, it would be a fairer complaint if you were a regular (so the shop can assume you arent a random phone in), had rang first, booked someone, then arrived, and were told she was not available.
The stock line in that case is "someone has extended their booking" (and often they have, at your expense)
That happens too. Its life.

AHLUNGOR
13-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Called in to 22 Brodie the other day. Had checked the roster (updated that day) and noticed Selina and Maya both on woohoo :)

Turned up and got told they are both on holidays! Seriously what is the point of having a roster? And the shops wonder why the punters get disgruntled...

Cheers
Winky

Sounds like you didn't make a prior booking and just turned up at the shop !

So, what's the different between being told they are on holiday vs. they are both busy for the next three hours ?? would you be happier knowing that they are actually there but just busy ?

May be a phone call will fix this ?

harmony
13-04-2015, 02:32 PM
A tribute to the Swedish group, and their love of the telephone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0EoXdpOqg

dokleng
14-04-2015, 12:00 AM
So, what's the different between being told they are on holiday vs. they are both busy for the next three hours ?? would you be happier knowing that they are actually there but just busy ?

wtf. I hope you are having a "blonde moment" with this response.

jellyshots
14-04-2015, 08:00 AM
I think if shops are going to publish a roster, they should tell the truth about it. I can understand if a girl gets an extension that someone has to wait.

Fake rosters just piss people off.

It's not that time consuming to update if someone rings in sick either.

AHLUNGOR
14-04-2015, 09:23 AM
wtf. I hope you are having a "blonde moment" with this response.

The blonde moment is when the punter bothers to check the roster to see who's on, then he should call ahead to make a booking !

I'm not saying the shop is right if the roster said one thing and the fact the other way. But the punter should take matter in his own hand and take control of the situation !

The example I listed was just a possibility of what could have happened if he just turn up without a booking . If he had called, he won't be waiting his time .

Cheers

harmony
14-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Good call bro Ahlungor
The only blondes in this story are those that dont ring ahead, and the blonde in my video above

Still waiting for bro Winky to give the full story, so give him some benefit of a lot of doubt

In general though, there is a principle called "Always Right syndrome" in customer service
Anyone can act this way, but its more often seen with people who have never worked in customer service

*I am the customer, and I am always right*
Therefore I can be indignant if everything doesnt go my way

Punting industry is nothing like ordering a pizza, or ordering food from a restaurant menu

Punting is more like sessions of a movie at the cinema
If you just turn up, the movie doesnt start just because you have arrived
And secondly, just because someone else says the movie is great, doesnt mean its gonna be great for you
Thirdly, the advertising and the trailer can make the movie appear much greater than the actual event

Before you turn up, book beforehand, or at least check with the manager before you turn up

Just my 2 cents

dokleng
14-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Punting is more like sessions of a movie at the cinema
If you just turn up, the movie doesnt start just because you have arrived
And secondly, just because someone else says the movie is great, doesnt mean its gonna be great for you
Thirdly, the advertising and the trailer can make the movie appear much greater than the actual event

Just my 2 cents

OK then, buddy, let's go with your analogy.

When a movie house puts out a list of movies on show, what films do you expect to be rolling when you get there?

I'd would love to see your response to the lady-at-the-counter when she tells you (in a very dumb blonde accent), "Um, actually, like those 2 movies you want to see are, like, NOT showing right now. In fact, they won't be on show for, like, two more weeks. We just want to put them up on the rosters for no apparent reason. Ahaha. ha. ha. You like my hair?"

Flustered with the revelation you then hear from right behind you an old smart-ass dingo, who's wasted most of his adult life watching movies, taking a swipe at you: "Well, you should have called first man. You could have taken control of the situation. It is clearly YOUR fault for going all the way here and not booking the movie before hand!"

Then a younger, quite naïve guy who doesn't know any better, behind him chimes in: "Yeah, that's unfortunate man. You can't trust the roster that they put out. It's just life. My 2 cents. #YOLO."

You turn around and go home thinking "w.t.f."

harmony
14-04-2015, 11:26 AM
You have a fair point, and I agree - you turn up to a cinema, you do expect the movie to at least be showing !
I did agree with the OP about rosters, when the lady "is on holiday"

That is ridiculous, and its the classic tale of "bait and switch"
Newsflash: bait and switch happens regularly at shops
"Bait and switch" particularly takes advantage of people who just turn up, that is, 'random walk ins'
If punters havent heard about "bait and switch", its better they read up about it, and make a phone call before hand to avoid it
Simple

I think (personal opinion) the reputable shops put up rosters in good faith.
The better shops are lucky, that they have lots of nice ladies, and dont have to "bait and switch"
But sometimes women are having periods, with little warning, or they just dont feel like turning up for work

If you are going to post about a ladies unavailability when you arrive at a shop, at least tell us if you checked ahead with a phone call
Otherwise let the forum know ... "I didnt ring ahead, I just turned up"

Peace

woods23
14-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Harmony shut the f............. up mate. (good call bro ahlung !!! my ass)
牛皮灯笼

harmony
14-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Bro woods23
dokleng said to me "OK then, buddy, let's go with your analogy."
I was just replying to him.

wilisno
14-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Bro woods23

dokleng said to me "OK then, buddy, let's go with your analogy."

I was just replying to him. My point has been made pretty clearly now.
Your 2 cents can even go to the movies on a punting forum !!! ;) ;) ;)

woods23
14-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Still waiting for bro Winky to give the full story, so give him some benefit of a lot of doubt
(JUDGEHARMONY )

woods23
14-04-2015, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=harmony;661000]Good call bro Ahlungor

Still waiting for bro Winky to give the full story, so give him some benefit of a lot of doubt.

Judge Harmony!!!

AHLUNGOR
14-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Liu Yi Fei !! 劉亦菲

I like your avatar brother woods !!

https://vehilien.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/0-0-liu-yifei-cosmopolitan-07.jpg

aussiegaigin
14-04-2015, 03:03 PM
One shop I used to frequent for a particular girl, which advertises here, still has the girl on its web site roster even though she went back to China over 2 years ago. I've emailed a couple of times to "confirm" her working hours; they tell me she is no longer there, but haven't updated the web page.

harmony
14-04-2015, 03:35 PM
http://www.asianscientist.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/Li-Jingmei-2wcaxgvka5k1nanj4tl9fk.jpg

The court is in session
Lets name and shame

winky
14-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Ok. No need for so many punters to get there proverbials in a knot.
The way it was....
Had a free day, checked the roster, saw it was updated that day with at least two girls I'd have been happy to see, was feeling care free so didn't call ahead, turned up to find two girls I was not interested in, asked about the two on the roster and was told they were on hols. Politely excused myself to return another day.

I was not angry/upset, actually enjoyed the walk in the sunshine (as parking was an issue) and as said was feeling quite non-committal about the whole thing. ..it is punting after all!

My point was simply that a roster updated that day with the names of girls on holidays was fairly pointless.

wilisno
14-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Harmony, calling ahead rarely helps at some shops. Rang a certain shop in Willoughby one day and asked to book a rostered girl, yep she's free in 1 hour. Get to the shop in 40 min and told she had to go home with a period, was offered another girl whom was not rostered( the girl I rang about was probably never there at all that day). And I WAS a regular at this shop.
Haha ! It didn't help even if you call just before time to go? ;) ;) ;)

harmony
14-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Commiserations Bro Timetogo
Now thats a complaint worth venting about

A few of us mentioned ringing beforehand
I mentioned "Bait and Switch"

And at certain times, it does look like "Bait and Switch" is unavoidable

My point is that the OP didnt phone ahead, which could have possibly saved him time and inconvenience

None of us said life is perfect !

Licker
14-04-2015, 08:15 PM
I am the judge
My knickers are officially in a knot
The court is in session
Lets name and shame

http://www.asianscientist.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/Li-Jingmei-2wcaxgvka5k1nanj4tl9fk.jpg

Be careful what you post, you might be judged by it!

"I am the judge"
Well, we have learned that this is how you feel about yourself.
Don't be sad if people don't abide by your judgement.

"My knickers are officially in a knot"
That has also become very clear.

One question though. Is that really you in the picture?

Peace. No!
War! War - For all the young people! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn91L9goKfQ)

harmony
14-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Licker
With respect, a member on this thread pronounced me as Judge for this thread
It was not a volunteered or self appointed position, at least thats how I understood it

I had to find a very nice photo, I hope you like it

All rise
The Judge is presiding over this thread

Licker
14-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Glad to see yo have a sense of humour :)

However, what did you think about the war?

harmony
14-04-2015, 09:36 PM
The message is "War, What is it good for ? Absolutely nothing".
Agreed.

http://ring.cdandlp.com/nyphus/photo_grande/115295690.jpg

harmony
14-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Duplicate post