PDA

View Full Version : General talk "Kind Face"

uglyphil
03-05-2015, 12:05 AM
I am wondering if some of the Asian bros on this forum could help me out.

Many times when visiting Asian WLs, the main things they like to comment on about me are my pot belly - which they love to rub, I assume a reference to rubbing a Buddha's belly for good luck? (My favourite WL even calls me her "Happy Buddha") - and my "kind eyes" or "kind face".

In fact, it is rare for an Asian WL to not pay me this (I assume?) compliment. This part of me seems to put them at ease as well?

So I am wondering if this is an Asian compliment - having "kind" features? Also, what are "kind" features and why are Asian WLs so keen on them?

Do not get me wrong, I am happy for ANY compliments, but I am just wondering about this specific one, as I do not get it from other WLs. Thanks for any insights :)

jellyshots
03-05-2015, 12:21 AM
That's a really good compliment. Means that they assume that they can trust you to be a good guy. Fat and wealth are associated together in many Asian cultures...

CunningLinguist
03-05-2015, 01:24 AM
It means you look like this:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/getsmart/images/7/78/Image.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/180?cb=20121008120752

http://getsmart.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_the_Likeable

KAOS's "most irresistible agent". As the Chief explains it, "a man so unassuming, so modest, so sweet and warm that you take one look at him, and you like him."

uglyphil
03-05-2015, 07:41 PM
That's a really good compliment. Means that they assume that they can trust you to be a good guy. Fat and wealth are associated together in many Asian cultures...

TY :)

Although they are clearly wrong when it comes to wealth as far as I am concerned :O

I am wondering what an Asian considers to be a "kind face" though? Is it smiling? Blue eyes (I read somewhere that blue eyes are sought after in Asian cultures)?

I just cannot figure out what makes me look "kind"... although I do my best to live up to the reputation.

uglyphil
03-05-2015, 07:42 PM
It means you look like this:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/getsmart/images/7/78/Image.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/180?cb=20121008120752

http://getsmart.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_the_Likeable

LOL... I most certainly do not look like that CL. I am far less pretty. :P

caramellochoco
03-05-2015, 08:55 PM
All good that they compliment you and assume you are wealthy, but do they expect more tips?

RoyalFlush
03-05-2015, 09:08 PM
hello :)

Facial features that are "blunt" and "round" tend to look kinder. According to chinese face reading, these people tend to be more lucky in life, happier and more faithful. Actually, I remember my dad told me to look for these types of girls when I was young because he said such wives can bring luck and prosperity to her household. Plus other chinese elements such as "ba zhi" and "feng shui" also plays a part in contributing toward a more successful career and life.

Of course, these are just old superstitions. Western countries without all these nonsense are still the richer bunch.

rooter
03-05-2015, 09:09 PM
bro, maybe they see you as a Budai, Pu-Tai, Bo Dai, Hotei etc.
Just ike this guy ...

uglyphil
03-05-2015, 11:04 PM
hello :)

Facial features that are "blunt" and "round" tend to look kinder. According to chinese face reading, these people tend to be more lucky in life, happier and more faithful. Actually, I remember my dad told me to look for these types of girls when I was young because he said such wives can bring luck and prosperity to her household. Plus other chinese elements such as "ba zhi" and "feng shui" also plays a part in contributing toward a more successful career and life.

Of course, these are just old superstitions. Western countries without all these nonsense are still the richer bunch.

Haha - that makes sense. I do have a round face. Thanks for the input.

bro, maybe they see you as a Budai, Pu-Tai, Bo Dai, Hotei etc.
Just ike this guy ...

LOL Rooter, he DOES look like me ;)

I am even bald, although I do hope I am less rotund!

As I stated earlier, my favourite WL has always compared me to Buddha. And she loves it when I bring her a Buddha statue from my (rare) trips OS.

wilisno
04-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Haha - that makes sense. I do have a round face. Thanks for the input.

LOL Rooter, he DOES look like me ;)

I am even bald, although I do hope I am less rotund!

As I stated earlier, my favourite WL has always compared me to Buddha. And she loves it when I bring her a Buddha statue from my (rare) trips OS.
Oh dear ! You should have put Buddha in the room while you were having sex !!! ;) ;) ;)

ILOVETOFU
04-05-2015, 03:29 AM
I have a Nepalese friend who tells me much the same. The Nepalese equate a big belly with wealth and happiness. Quite the opposite of western culture where a big belly is just seen as unhealthy. I also have friend who has a big body, a large belly and a happy face, and the Asian's seem to like him a lot.

Christmas
04-05-2015, 03:55 AM
for me kind face : James franco, Hugh Grant, Simon baker

their eyes look like (八). I don't know how to describe though... can I say saggy eyes? or dropping eyes?

wilisno
04-05-2015, 04:55 AM

their eyes look like (八). I don't know how to describe though... can I say saggy eyes? or dropping eyes?
Slanting ;) ;) ;)

uglyphil
04-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Oh dear ! You should have put Buddha in the room while you were having sex !!! ;) ;) ;)

I think he would be quite embarrassed at what he would witness ;)

TY for the input Jerry. Nice to hear from you :D

rooter
04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Most interesting compliment a WL has given me in recent times is "you are good pervert".
Well I took it as a compliment anyway. ;)

Choc-O-Block
04-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I sometimes compliment WL's about their kind face.......
The kind a face I want to blow all over!!!
Sorry guys...couldn't help myself