PDA

View Full Version : General talk The things i like about Australia.

Christmas
09-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I was looking at the sky tonight. It was dark, there were many stars which is hardly seen in Korea.
All of sudden I realized that how much happy i am here in Australia. (I think I will have my period soon... Extremely sentimental...)

People tend to forget that how they are having such a blessed life because it's easily covered by their simple problems and worries, like i did, i complained that how much i have to make money to pay school fee but not very often i thought that i have such a beautiful life!

I'm so happy at the moment even though there seems no customer tonight -_-, i haven't felt this ~blessed feeling~ For a while...

A things I like about Australia!!! (Mostly sydney)
1. Fresh air, nice weather. Not too hot, not too cold compare with Korea,. Nice atmosphere>_<
2. Cheap avocadoes, mangoes. Whenever i go to Cabramatta i get mangostine a kilogram too..
3. Cultural diversity.
4. Permissive(tolerant) society.

Many customer asked me that If I'm planning to stay Australia for ever, or not,
Then i always wondered why so many Koreans are so desperate to get green card, want to stay here, but as long as i live here i think I'm becoming like the other Koreans/Asians...

But still my dream place is somewhere in tropical country...>_<

Azzkikr
09-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Tropical place is up north in Queensland.
But Hawaii much better. I went last year and so many Japanese and other Asians over there and beautiful tropical place. I am going back this year. Very nice place to relax and unwind. Have a holiday there. You'll love it. But Sydney will always be my home even though I wasn't born here lol

Kenchoubg
10-05-2015, 01:45 AM
I am not happy here. 2 months left to finish my study and go home.yaloooooooo

wilisno
10-05-2015, 03:41 AM
I was looking at the sky tonight. It was dark, there were many stars which is hardly seen in Korea.
All of sudden I realized that how much happy i am here in Australia. (I think I will have my period soon... Extremely sentimental...)

People tend to forget that how much they are having such a blessed life because it's easily covered by their simple problems and worries, like i did, i complained that how much i have to make money to pay school fee but not very often i thought that i have such a beautiful life!

I'm so happy at the moment even though there seems no customer tonight -_-, i haven't felt this ~blessed feeling~ For a while...

A things I like about Australia!!! (Mostly sydney)
1. Fresh air, nice weather. Not too hot, not too cold compare with Korea,. Nice atmosphere>_<
2. Cheap avocadoes, mangoes. Whenever i go to Cabramatta i get mangostine a kilogram too..
3. Cultural diversity.
4. Permissive(tolerant) society.

Many customer asked me that If I'm planning to stay Australia for ever, or not,
Then i always wondered why so many Koreans are so desperate to get green card, want to stay here, but as long as i live here i think I'm becoming like the other Koreans/Asians...

The more I read about your posts, the more I've come to like you Sweetie !

You're such a positive and content person, and not afraid to express yourself, just love the thinking type ! :miao: :red_heart:

BTW, mangosteen is still too expensive here ! ;) ;) ;)

cisco
10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Hong kong the best and i be there to spend the rest of my life for sure :)

xconcepx
10-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Odd that its so quiet. Probably because new shop aye and the previous owners didnt run it very well and had crappy girls on. Good to see you guys taking over. Been meaning to see you as well Jerry but never seem to be your way. Plus im shorter than you so it feels a little embarrassing ahhahhahha

Sextus
10-05-2015, 12:49 PM

The waning moon is rising later and later at the moment so the sky is dark with lots of stars for longer into the night. But if you were looking at the night sky in the city you would see a lot fewer stars than outside of Sydney.

The best place to look at stars in Sydney at the moment and not have to travel far is in the Royal national park - no street or building lights.

A44
10-05-2015, 01:36 PM
The waning moon is rising later and later at the moment so the sky is dark with lots of stars for longer into the night. But if you were looking at the night sky in the city you would see a lot fewer stars than outside of Sydney.

The best place to look at stars in Sydney at the moment and not have to travel far is the Royal national park - no street or building lights.

You are spot on again Sextus.

I did an astronomy class a few years ago.
We had an outing to the Royal National Park one night.
It took around 30 minutes in the darkness for our eyes to adjust.
The night sky was awesome.

I have also seen fabulous night skies in Central Australia.

Some of the other "things" that I like about Australia / Sydney.

Shelley, Lola, Julie, Joanna, Joey, Nana, Jennifer, etc, etc.

One day soon I would like to meet Christmas.

AHLUNGOR
11-05-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm so happy at the moment even though there seems no customer tonight -_-,

Hi sister,

May be you should consider working in Cairns for a little while, it's beautiful tropical paradise up there, I know a Korean shop if you are interested - the only shop I have been to up there.................lol

Christmas
13-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Hi sister,

May be you should consider working in Cairns for a little while, it's beautiful tropical paradise up there, I know a Korean shop if you are interested - the only shop I have been to up there.................lol

Oh wow thanks uncle ahlungor ❤️❤️ I've never thought about that way. I may try on this winter holiday?! But i don't like
Korean shop...!!!!.. >_<

rooter
13-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Australia is the best country in the world;
Democracy, freedom, fair legal system, prosperity, great climate, beautiful environment, open spaces, culture, human and civil rights, opportunity.
There is always room for improvement of course and we are going backwards with the current conservative government but we are still the best country in the world.
There are a couple of countries in Western Europe than can compare with Australia but that's about it.
Most countries in the world are undemocratic, or poor, or overcrowded, or don't value human rights, or third world, or a one party state.
The people are often wonderful but the government and economy is fucked.
Only a tiny minority of countries are great countries to live in. Australia is one of them.

Azzkikr
13-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Australia is the best country in the world;
Democracy, freedom, fair legal system, prosperity, great climate, beautiful environment, open spaces, culture, human and civil rights, opportunity.
There is always room for improvement of course and we are going backwards with the current conservative government but we are still the best country in the world.
There are a couple of countries in Western Europe than can compare with Australia but that's about it.
Most countries in the world are undemocratic, or poor, or overcrowded, or don't value human rights, or third world, or a one party state.
The people are often wonderful but the government and economy is fucked.
Only a tiny minority of countries are great countries to live in. Australia is one of them.

I wouldn't say Australia "is the best" country in the world, far from it. But I would say that Audtralia is "one of the best" country in the world.

harmony
13-05-2015, 10:39 PM
"The people are often wonderful but the government and economy is fucked."
Agreed bro
The Labor communists left us with a shit load of debt. Will take 10 years to recover

tpol
13-05-2015, 11:35 PM
If you're young, best place is HK with an overseas passport outside of HK or China

harmony
14-05-2015, 12:45 AM
Hong Kong is a nice place to live. If you want to live a shortened life

I saw a documentary last year, where an Australian family had to move to Hong Kong for work
They were using some type of indoor air purifier, to deal with the air pollution, and were fearful of their childrens health

And formal reports agree :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_pollution_in_Hong_Kong

1600 deaths estimated per year, due to air pollution

Even as early as 2000, the total negative impact to the Hong Kong Economy, including cardiorespiratory disease was in excess of HK$11.1 billion
Research by three universities and a think-tank estimates that the pollution is costing Hong Kong about HK$21.2 billion a year in hospital admissions and lost productivity
In addition, about 1,600 deaths a year might be avoided if air quality improves

http://biocitystudio.com/2010/01/13/hong-kong-air-pollution-life-threatening-one-in-every-8-days/
Hong Kong air pollution – Life threatening one in every 8 Days

13 January, 2010

A report, citing figures obtained from the government, says Hong Kong’s roadside air pollution reached life-threatening levels one in every eight days last year
The air pollution index was recorded by the Environmental Protection Department
It said there were 44 days of “very high pollution” last year
That number is up from the 39 reported days in 2008 and the 13 days in 2005
The impact of vehicular and industrial pollution on the health of citizens in major cities is becoming increasingly documented
Public transport needs to play a bigger role in moving people around their cities to reduce pollution

Christmas
16-05-2015, 06:51 PM
If you're young, best place is HK with an overseas passport outside of HK or China

May i ask why? And how? I've been to HK for holiday last year and wasn't impressive that much...

Sextus
16-05-2015, 07:22 PM
i complained that how much i have to make money to pay school fee

Well it is working, your english vocabulary is getting better and better! How long have you been learning english Jerry? I'll bet it has been hard work, but getting easier.

cisco
16-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Because HK is the city never sleep :) the best nite view ever , try to go there on christmas time , paradise :)

dohdoe
18-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Because HK is the city never sleep :) the best nite view ever , try to go there on christmas time , paradise :)
I used to think this until i went to hk. Everything seemed to mostly close by 10pm.

If anything all the night action seemed to be in Macau

Christmas
18-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Well it is working, your english vocabulary is getting better and better! How long have you been learning english Jerry? I'll bet it has been hard work, but getting easier.

Well I learnt english intensely a year, in australia somewhere very special place, then came to sydney to extend my major study in uni...
So.. Im not in language school since 2014 But i'm learning english in practical way nowdays.

Eg; cbf - can't be fucked....
Have a good 'one' i've never thought that would be 'one'...

Learning other language is always good fun la! Lei jong em jong ee o ah???

Christmas
18-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Well I learnt english intensely a year, in australia somewhere very special place, then came to sydney to extend my major study in uni...
So.. Im not in language school since 2014 But i'm learning english in practical way nowdays.

Eg; cbf - can't be fucked....

Christmas
18-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Sorry double posting =_=

Christmas
18-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I used to think this until i went to hk. Everything seemed to mostly close by 10pm.

If anything all the night action seemed to be in Macau

Also in Korea. We have a lots of cafe, internet cafe, restaurant etc open 24hours!

Sergaent Brody
19-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Did anyone mention all the beautiful girls we got here ....

gentlescream
19-05-2015, 04:55 AM
Also in Korea. We have a lots of cafe, internet cafe, restaurant etc open 24hours!

So true! Probably one of the things I miss most about Korea. The oh so many 24 hour venues.

I also miss the generally better customer service and the cheaper meals.

But I have to agree - cheap avos and fresh foods, much better natural environment, and society in general - just to mention a few - makes it more than worth it.
[Less(er) hectic working life, the Centrelink systems etc., to mention a few more things].

Sextus
20-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Is that language or just some fun nonsense words? :question:

You are right! That doesn't really make any sense or logic!

All languages must have things like that, but maybe english is a lot more that way.

I really admire those who can speak more than one language.

wilisno
20-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Is that language or just some fun nonsense words? :question:

She was speaking Cantonese, meaning " Do you love me ? " ;) ;) ;)

Sextus
20-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I ran it through google translate and it refused to translate it! So I wasn't sure if it meant anything. Far from that, one of the words was "love" How ignorant am I? :grimace:

wilisno
21-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I ran it through google translate and it refused to translate it! So I wasn't sure if it meant anything. Far from that, one of the words was "love" How ignorant am I? :grimace:
She's not using the universal spelling for Cantonese, just by sound, that's why Google didn't understand it.

Christmas
21-05-2015, 11:32 AM
She's not using the universal spelling for Cantonese, just by sound, that's why Google didn't understand it.

Haha san q for perfect explanation! I can write only this way.. Mandarin too. Xie xie...

Christmas
21-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Sorry somehow i thought you have hk background. But seems not ^=^. i wonder why i thought you are hongkie =_=...

wilisno
21-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Haha san q for perfect explanation! I can write only this way.. Mandarin too. Xie xie...
You're better than me, I can't even write Cantonese with alphabets ! ;) ;) ;)

I doubt if there is such a thing as universal spelling for Cantonese !!!

I can only write : 妳鐘吾鐘意我呀 ? ;) ;) ;)

Sextus
21-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Sorry somehow i thought you have hk background. i wonder why i thought you are hongkie =_=...

Jerry, you were getting me mixed up with my (un)identical twin brother:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/waveflows/chow%20yun%20fat%201_zpsqpg8jwnv.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/waveflows/media/chow%20yun%20fat%201_zpsqpg8jwnv.jpg.html)

We were separated at birth. That is why he knows everything about

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/waveflows/640px-Chinese_rice_congee_zpsxycgevoj.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/waveflows/media/640px-Chinese_rice_congee_zpsxycgevoj.jpg.html)

while I know nothing! :question:

beta101
21-05-2015, 08:28 PM
yeh australia's nice n all but i really really loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee korea and crazy about korean girlssssssssssssssssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kswnsQryiXM

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Sorry somehow i thought you have hk background. But seems not ^=^. i wonder why i thought you are hongkie =_=...

You like HK Background and Hongkie ??

You are in the right place sister !!

"Kum hai Hong Kong chai yau mud jack so sin ??"

:smile:

Christmas
12-05-2017, 12:54 PM
I think Australian(or western) more generous with making compliment about someone or something.

eg, you look pretty today, your jacket looks nice!
that makes me happy ^*^

CunningLinguist
12-05-2017, 06:49 PM
I think Australian(or western) more generous with making compliment about someone or something.

that makes me happy ^*^

Your ears look nice today ...

alot
12-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Your ears look nice today ...
yea,nice pink ears

Punterman2
12-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Hi Christmas, this is an old thread. I love your first post on the thread feeling happy about living in Australia. I am from overseas and I love living here as well. The brightness of the light, the friendly people, the multicultural society, the pretty girls, the peacefulness, the ambition, the beach, the sun, the optimism.

I would add .....the punting.....but that would be immature.

Love you Australia. :cry::cry::cry:

Feeling sentimental

Your post was two years ago Christmas. Do you still feel the same ?

Mr Bastard
13-05-2017, 12:51 AM

that makes me happy ^*^

When someone says- Your jacket looks nice, how do you reply? Do you look at your jacket, then back to the person and say? cheers, my Jacket says thanks….

brotherjim
13-05-2017, 11:18 PM
"The people are often wonderful but the government and economy is fucked."
Agreed bro
The Labor communists left us with a shit load of debt. Will take 10 years to recover

And in four years the Facist Liebrals have doubled the debt and have now finally (that it is politically acceptable) realised that debt in itself is NOT a bad thing.