PDA

View Full Version : General talk $100 for 5 minutes - WTF is wrong with people?

flamejob
04-06-2015, 01:16 AM
We often read on here about punters doing their nut because other punters willingly pay exorbitant amounts for happy endings. Admit to paying $50 or more for an ending and out come the pitchforks and burning stakes.

BUT!!!! Ol' mate in Townsville paid $100 for a 5 minute lap-dance. Now, I have to concede that it has been a long time since I got a lap-dance, but I remember arguing with the hostess that for the price I could go to a brothel and have a phat time.

Anyhoo. Ol' mate in Townsville goes to Sante Fe Gold and instead of him & his mates getting 5 minutes for their $100, they get barely 3 minutes. I understand them charging all three for the privilege, which is why my mates and I would never share a lap-dance, it just wasn't economical. $100 for 5 minutes between 3 guys. Even had they not been jipped with 1 minute each, it is still less than 2 minutes each they were going to get for $100.

$100 for 5 minutes equals $1200 an hour. Cover me in apple sauce and fuck me with a pork pie! I'd pull on a glittery thong and grind my fat-arse money-maker up and down a pole at Santa Fe Gold for that price.

Is this the going rate for a lap dance these days?

Should I hone my pole-dancing skills and apply for a job in a strip club?

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/a-man-has-been-stripped-of-800-after-he-complained-about-a-lap-dance-and-then-assaulted-a-strip-club-manager/story-fnjfzs4b-1227380282195

RottenLittlePunt
04-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Lap dances have always been ridiculously priced. What makes it even worse is when the Qld Gov passed licencing regulations on strip clubs so the girls can only go topless unless the club has the right permit.

Sticky Date
15-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Lap dances have always been ridiculously priced. What makes it even worse is when the Qld Gov passed licencing regulations on strip clubs so the girls can only go topless unless the club has the right permit.

The Cabaret Club in Brunswick St is considered by many interstate lads to be the best strip club in Australia. Mainly due to their $5 lap dances...awesome value .....nothing wrong with the girls.... plenty of gorgeous ones.... they don't do them primarily for the $5 though although with the volume...the $5 do add up ......... they do them primarily to start your engine.

The girls make, about double the earnings of girls in other strip joints in town, because the entry level $5 lappy.... which admittedly is only for a couple of minutes.... often leads to an upsell of a $60 lappy upstairs..... the management are no mugs.

The punter wins with an intro that is hard to resist..and is good on its own... and once in with the $5....the girl turns it on... hoping to rev you up for more.... great formula.... works well for girl and the client.

The essence is that of the entry level service being inexpensive...... very low price barrier for the customer..... also raises the incentive for the girl to perform really well .... it's a structure that gives incentive for outstanding service with immediate reward.

I guess massage shops have a similar structure.... a good value massage with a little teasing, likely to reward the provider immediately.

A massage shop copying that formulae would charge less than the competition for the basic massage.... meaning they would then attract more punters ...

And since the girls are then earning less per massage, (but have more customers per shift).... they would have more incentive to tempt the customer into offering a tip or extending time.

Just some thoughts..... whether the Cabaret formulae would work in a massage shop or not.... some owner would have to suck it and see. Actually.... now I think about it.... the recently popular shop near Old Mac Toyota in Springwood, maybe is doing the Cabaret formula already.

harmony
15-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Lap dance lol

flamejob
15-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Just some thoughts..... whether the Cabaret formulae would work in a massage shop or not.... some owner would have to suck it and see. Actually.... now I think about it.... the recently popular shop near Old Mac Toyota in Springwood, maybe is doing the Cabaret formula already.

So true, I think the formulae would certainly work in a massage shop ... I have been to the Cabaret Club on occasion and more recently tried my hand at the 'recently popular shop near Old Mac ... '

Great stuff.

Trapper
27-08-2015, 05:48 PM
I used to pay out for lap dances before I had the balls to goto a brothal, back when i was young dumb and earning hilton chef money. Favorite place back then was the velvet cigar but I also quickly learned just how much of a rip off they were, unfortunately not fast enough to stop me maxing out a 2k credit card one night on a particular dancer i was enamoured with

The Jet
27-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Many moons ago I paid $50 for 30 minute lap dance so even nowadays I would not pay more than $100 for 30 mins. Anything worse than that and I'd laugh at them and go elsewhere.

popeye96
28-08-2015, 05:23 PM
From memory, wasn't it only something like $20 for 10 minutes at the old Players Inn for a standard lappy?

flamejob
28-08-2015, 06:39 PM
From memory, wasn't it only something like $20 for 10 minutes at the old Players Inn for a standard lappy?

I remember paying $5 for a lappy at the Players inn. I think it lasted one song. a long time ago obviously. and yeah, i think $20 for 10.

bigbob
30-08-2015, 03:45 PM
The Cabaret Club in Brunswick St is considered by many interstate lads to be the best strip club in Australia. Mainly due to their $5 lap dances...awesome value .....nothing wrong with the girls.... plenty of gorgeous ones.... they don't do them primarily for the $5 though although with the volume...the $5 do add up ......... they do them primarily to start your engine.

The girls make, about double the earnings of girls in other strip joints in town, because the entry level $5 lappy.... which admittedly is only for a couple of minutes.... often leads to an upsell of a $60 lappy upstairs..... the management are no mugs.

The punter wins with an intro that is hard to resist..and is good on its own... and once in with the $5....the girl turns it on... hoping to rev you up for more.... great formula.... works well for girl and the client.

The essence is that of the entry level service being inexpensive...... very low price barrier for the customer..... also raises the incentive for the girl to perform really well .... it's a structure that gives incentive for outstanding service with immediate reward.

I guess massage shops have a similar structure.... a good value massage with a little teasing, likely to reward the provider immediately.

A massage shop copying that formulae would charge less than the competition for the basic massage.... meaning they would then attract more punters ...

And since the girls are then earning less per massage, (but have more customers per shift).... they would have more incentive to tempt the customer into offering a tip or extending time.

yes massage at ten $10 of

gpeck80
20-12-2015, 09:37 PM
That's well before my time but as a point of interest, I used to hear that the owner of The Players' Inn was a former Jehovah's Witness member, who eventually had some involvement with the Fitzgerald Inquiry.

flamejob
21-12-2015, 12:04 AM
That's well before my time but as a point of interest, I used to hear that the owner of The Players' Inn was a former Jehovah's Witness member, who eventually had some involvement with the Fitzgerald Inquiry.

Yes, that was Warren Armstrong.

gpeck80
21-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Just googled him. Turns out he spent time in goal over his involvement in organised prostitution.

RottenLittlePunt
21-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Just googled him. Turns out he spent time in goal over his involvement in organised prostitution.

Was he as good as Schwarzer? Oliver Kahn was always my favourite.

gpeck80
21-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Grammar Nazi^

RottenLittlePunt
21-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Grammar Nazi^

Imbecile ^

It was not a grammatical error.

gpeck80
22-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Spelling Nazi^