PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Let's talk Origin ! Why so quiet ???

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Anyone watched the game last night ?

Why so quiet ??

mask
09-07-2015, 10:54 AM
mate, like myself and probably most of NSW, the scoreboard pretty much says it all.
end of story...congrats to QLD for a outstanding performance.

my 2 cents:
there was too much BS talk and build up going around about QLD dominance being over and the new era of NSW after they won game 2, well that back fired big time! it just goes to show: don't count the chickens until they hatch!
no disrespect to NSW, but that was a shocker.
time for a new coach, great guy but winning 1 series out of 9?
time to give the boot to some of the players (Pearce, is the first that comes to mind).

rubbertoe
09-07-2015, 10:56 AM

Why so quiet ??

Try reposting under Brisbane - General Talk if you want more response :smile:

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Try reposting under Brisbane - General Talk if you want more response :smile:

Well, I'm here, if the Brisbane brothers like to join in, C'mon down Queenslanders................haha :cool2:

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 11:01 AM
mate, like myself and probably most of NSW, the scoreboard pretty much says it all.
end of story...congrats to QLD for a outstanding performance.

my 2 cents:

time for a new coach, great guy but winning 1 series out of 9?
time to give the boot to some of the players (Pearce, is the first that comes to mind).

Actually, on Laurie Daley's defence, he had only been a NSW coach for three years, his record is 1 win from three series and he is the first NSW coach to have a win after eight years. So I think he can stay !

My 1 cent support to NSW I suppose...........lol

kuntous
09-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I would think that the nsw team and supporters are still in a state of wtf happened last night.
Fair enough home ground advantage and the ref made a few bad calls but that was an absolute smashing by qld no excuses!

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 11:25 AM
I would think that the nsw team and supporters are still in a state of wtf happened last night.
Fair enough home ground advantage and the ref made a few bad calls but that was an absolute smashing by qld no excuses!

I never thought in my life time I could erase the low and huge defeat by the NSW in game III in the year 2000, where the NSW made a clean sweep by beating the Maroons 56-16, the margin was 40 points !!

Queensland did a couple of 30 points win over the Blues in subsequent years but never this dominant.

I knew the game was won by half time last night, but NSW was such a good team, much younger, bigger and stronger, I was scared of a come back in the second half and the Maroons could be pin down at their own end and have to defence, defence and defence, but they scored immediately and very soon my worry was gone and it was a matter of how many !

Glad they went on with it and made the half century ! the scars of 2000 is now gone ! Origins records was broken left right and centre last night, if you are a Queenslander, there is really nothing better than this.

This Maroons side is really a Champion Team and a Team full of Champions !!

:smile:

mask
09-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Actually, on Laurie Daley's defence, he had only been a NSW coach for three years, his record is 1 win from three series and he is the first NSW coach to have a win after eight years. So I think he can stay !

My 1 cent support to NSW I suppose...........lol

I still reckon NSW need a new coach, bring back Gus!

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 11:30 AM
I still reckon NSW need a new coach, bring back Gus!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO !! I like his commentary !!

"Smith, Thurston, Inglis and Boyd, the Maroons are in again !!" No one said it better that old Gus !! :cool2:

wilisno
09-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Why so quiet ??
In a sporting event, if you don't win, you lose, what's there to brag about ?

Even in the series last year, you predicted a Qld win unambiguously, it went the other way, all you could say was " good luck to them ! "

At the start of this series, you predicted a Qld white wash, it didn't eventuate. Even in game 2, you predicted a Qld win, even predicted the scores and who got how many points, again it went all wrong.

So, win or lose, there's nothing to worry about, there's always the next game. Only if after the Qld win, all the good girls will go to work in Qld, then I'll be worried ! ;) ;) ;)

BTW, I live in NSW, so automatically I'm a Blues supporter, but that doesn't mean I like the game or I would follow the game !

rooter
09-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Brisbane may have the best League players but Sydney has the best WLs.
So where would you rather be brothers? ...

wilisno
09-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Brisbane may have the best League players but Sydney has the best WLs.
So where would you rather be brothers? ...
We're on Syd99, aren't we ? ;) ;) ;)

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2015, 04:08 PM
In a sporting event, if you don't win, you lose, what's there to brag about ?

Even in the series last year, you predicted a Qld win unambiguously, it went the other way, all you could say was " good luck to them ! "

At the start of this series, you predicted a Qld white wash, it didn't eventuate. Even in game 2, you predicted a Qld win, even predicted the scores and who got how many points, again it went all wrong.

So, win or lose, there's nothing to worry about, there's always the next game. Only if after the Qld win, all the good girls will go to work in Qld, then I'll be worried ! ;) ;) ;)

BTW, I live in NSW, so automatically I'm a Blues supporter, but that doesn't mean I like the game or I would follow the game !

Brother Wil,

No worry, you obviously don't follow sports or at least not Rugby League hence if you don't understand Origin, it's perfectly OK.

You mentioned about last year, so let's talk about it, sure, I made my predictions but I couldn't have foreseen that Cooper Cronk would be injured after 8 minutes in Game 1 and missed Game 2, those were the two games NSW won by 12 to 8 and 6 to 4 respectively, two very tight games, but NSW did win, so good on them, happy to see them win one back after 8 series loses.

When Cronk returned on Game 3, they smashed the Blues 32-8, just to show them whose got the more superior scoring power.

In 2015, Cronk played in Game 1, scored the first try and won the game with a field goal. and the Maroons won by 1 point.

In Game 2 in Melbourne, again, Cronk was out injured and the Blues level the series one all and heading to Suncorp for the decider.

Cronk is once again back for game 3, but last night, he wasn't even the dominant player, JT was ! and the scores just spoke for itself !

52 to 6

Enough said !!

Of course I will BRAG about it, for a long time, may be until either the Broncos or the Cowboys win the Premiership...................haha :smile:

wilisno
09-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Brother Wil,

No worry, you obviously don't follow sports or at least not Rugby League hence if you don't understand Origin, it's perfectly OK.

You mentioned about last year, so let's talk about it, sure, I made my predictions but I couldn't have foreseen that Cooper Cronk would be injured after 8 minutes in Game 1 and missed Game 2, those were the two games NSW won by 12 to 8 and 6 to 4 respectively, two very tight games, but NSW did win, so good on them, happy to see them win one back after 8 series loses.

When Cronk returned on Game 3, they smashed the Blues 32-8, just to show them whose got the more superior scoring power.

In 2015, Cronk played in Game 1, scored the first try and won the game with a field goal. and the Maroons won by 1 point.

In Game 2 in Melbourne, again, Cronk was out injured and the Blues level the series one all and heading to Suncorp for the decider.

Cronk is once again back for game 3, but last night, he wasn't even the dominant player, JT was ! and the scores just spoke for itself !

52 to 6

Enough said !!

Of course I will BRAG about it, for a long time, may be until either the Broncos or the Cowboys win the Premiership...................haha :smile:
I said I don't follow the game, so what's the point posting all these information in the reply ???

Yes, I'm a sports fan, just not this sport ! I'm more into combat sports, such as UFC, Boxing, Muay Thai etc. Ask me about John Wayne Parr, Nathan Corbett, Daniel Dawson etc then we can talk ! ;) ;) ;)

kuntous
09-07-2015, 05:18 PM
I said I don't follow the game, so what's the point posting all these information in the reply ???

Yes, I'm a sports fan, just not this sport ! I'm more into combat sports, such as UFC, Boxing, Muay Thai etc. Ask me about John Wayne Parr, Nathan Corbett, Daniel Dawson etc then we can talk ! ;) ;) ;)

Who's your pick for Sunday?
McGregor or Mendes?
What is your thoughts on what Machida should do next?

Oneonone
09-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Well I decided not to bother watching the state or origin all the hype and bull shit that went on before it and supposed to be the game of the century?

NSW were never up to it but even I didn't think they would get thrashed by so much.

I decided to watch the cricket instead well we were doing great until Haddin dropped Roote when he was on zero he went on to make 100 plus

A game we should have been a mile in front in finds us now struggling to compete.

Catches win matches Haddin did take a great catch earlier but the one he dropped was pretty much standard for a wicket keeper.

His team mates might not say much but they must be thinking it and what about the poor bowler.

Ah well that's cricket as they say.

wilisno
09-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Who's your pick for Sunday?
McGregor or Mendes?
What is your thoughts on what Machida should do next?
Mendes is just a replacement, I don't think he's properly prepared, McGregor's my pick.

Poor Machida ! I reckon he wasn't aggressive enough in that fight with Romero, he could hurt anybody if he connected, I prefer the way he fought Luke Rockhold !

I think he just has to keep fighting, but it's hard to get back to the top, as younger and hungrier fighters keep emerging, just like any other industries, even punting, more and more queens are turning up ! ;) ;) ;)

kuntous
09-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Mendes is just a replacement, I don't think he's properly prepared, McGregor's my pick.

Poor Machida ! I reckon he wasn't aggressive enough in that fight with Romero, he could hurt anybody if he connected, I prefer the way he fought Luke Rockhold !

I think he just has to keep fighting, but it's hard to get back to the top, as younger and hungrier fighters keep emerging, just like any other industries, even punting, more and more queens are turning up ! ;) ;) ;)

I think the MW division have figured out how to fight Machida.
he'll still put on a good show but he's out of title contention for now.
He should take the paycheck fights, bisping, cung le, Diaz.

Who's your pick for Aldo vs McGregor?

wilisno
09-07-2015, 05:54 PM
I think the MW division have figured out how to fight Machida.
he'll still put on a good show but he's out of title contention for now.
He should take the paycheck fights, bisping, cung le, Diaz.

Who's your pick for Aldo vs McGregor?
We could rule out Cung Le now, after he tried to sue the UFC, and he's old ...

Aldo and McGregor is hard to pick ! I still thinks Aldo has better techniques, but he has reached his peak, McGregor is on the way up ...

kuntous
09-07-2015, 05:57 PM
We could rule out Cung Le now, after he tried to sue the UFC, and he's old ...

Aldo and McGregor is hard to pick ! I still thinks Aldo has better techniques, but he has reached his peak, McGregor is on the way up ...

McGregor is on the way up however as many analysts have stated, he hasn't been tried and tested against supreme wrestlers like Mendes.

wilisno
09-07-2015, 06:14 PM
McGregor is on the way up however as many analysts have stated, he hasn't been tried and tested against supreme wrestlers like Mendes.
They all said things like that every time to make the fights more sellable ! ;) ;) ;)

dohdoe
09-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Being a predominately Sydney forum. I'd say that nsw fans were left very upset after an absolute thrashing. Nothing nice to talk about for an abysmal performance.

Qld on the other hand. Great coaching that paid off. Great work from the qld forwards. That's where we really won it.

kingwally
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Brother Wil,

52 to 6

Enough said !!

Of course I will BRAG about it, for a long time, may be until either the Broncos or the Cowboys win the Premiership...................haha :smile:I am with you mate,there is nothing better than being a Queenslander livig in Sydney. I celebrated this morning with a lovely session with a great girl !

harmony
11-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Sorry bro
I have been busy in the last week
All credit goes to Queensland, a totally ruthless performance - how Origin should be played !
Jonathan Thurston - HE NEEDS TO BE DECLARED THE NEXT IMMORTAL
He just grabs a game by the scruff of the neck, and shakes it totally
Playmaker and top goal scorer in Origin

However !
Please do not say this is the best Origin team in history
An Origin team is determined not only by the quality of its players, BUT also by the quality of the opposition
NSW lacks a true quality player, the calibre of the greats such as Laurie Daley, Brad Fittler or Glen Lazarus
As a result, the NSW Blues were made to look second rate

I heard a radio commentator stating that Pearce should never again be selected for Origin
He and a few of his NSW teammates were turnstiles instead of defence, in other words, they were incompetent in defence last Wednesday night

We must change the core of this NSW team
They were rubbish

And again, when Cooper Cronk plays, and has a good team around him, QUEENSLAND WILL ALWAYS BE FAVOURITES

Cheers Brother Canetoad !