PDA

View Full Version : General talk Throwing it out there......

MrGrumpy
10-07-2015, 02:09 PM
After reading a number of posts regarding prices and what is fair & reasonable, just want to throw this thought out there for comment.....

From what I've seen posted both in QLD & NSW, a lot of banter seems to be around pricing for extra stuff.

IMHO, the majority of shops are fair & reasonable. If a punter wants something extra special then be prepared to pay a premium for it.

What I do have a problem with is paying 'professional' prices for an untrained tickle-fest, being basted with oil like a turkey or getting rubbed like a car wash attendant applying turtle wax.:grimace:

Getting cut short on time is another trick that seems to be gaining popularity.

In & around Brisbane, there are a number of professionally trained and/or mentored masseusses which provide an excellent massage for around $50-$55. Sure, there is unlikely to be anything else happening but isn't it rewarding when it does!! Some of the Thai places fit into this category as well as a few mentioned here on A99 recently but jeez there are plenty of shit ones. Have reached the stage where a shit part a means walk part b.

BrainSex
11-07-2015, 03:00 PM
would have to agree. The 'certain' massage shops know why you are there and there really is no additional $$ to be made by having a good reputation for a good massage.

RottenLittlePunt
11-07-2015, 04:26 PM
It's a fair comment but none of the RnT shops charge as much as a trained massage therapist do. I expect prices at places like Ella Bache would start at $95 for an hour session.

BrainSex
11-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I expect prices at places like Ella Bache would start at $95 for an hour session.

my massage there was also crap plus spending 15 minutes telling me why I needed to buy all the extra stuff plus having to go to a GP to get a mole checked which was nothing. So, it was expensive.