PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Is UFC rigged?

kuntous
13-07-2015, 11:15 PM
What's your thoughts?

Some questions for Dana White and UFC .. (1) Does Jose Aldo have a broken rib or not ?.. His doctors and your doctors just cant seem to get you stories straight... (2) Biggest fight in UFC history.. Why wasn't the Champion Jose Aldo at least in attendance at the venue ?.. (3) How does a professional athlete like Chad Mendes (a five round fighting machine) appear to be completely gassed out and dropping his hands 3 min into the first round ?.. (4) Chad Mendes is completely awake and defending himself when Herb Dean MMA stops the fight, with only 3 seconds in the 2nd round remaining ?.. (5) No protest at all from Chad Mendes in post press.. In fact he seems rather happy its all over ?.. (6) Less than 24 hours after the fight Dana announces that Conor McGregor will be a coach for the upcoming season of UFC's TUF program..
A program like TUF is planned months in advance.. Its almost like Dana knew the outcome of the fight ?.. I was born at night, but not last night.. There is just too many things wrong, for this to be right- Tim Ward

cisco
13-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Mmmm ..... ?

max_power
14-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Very valid points. It wouldn't suprise me if above is completely true. When there is large sums of money involved it seems that corruption is present.

kuntous
14-07-2015, 09:23 AM
I didn't write the OP.
Anyone who frequents Thailand especially pattaya would know who Tim Ward is.
On the other hand Chads 2 week notice could explain his lack of fitness.
Besides that Conor was beating him up on the feet and on the ground.
Yes the fight was stopped without protest from Mendes but even he knows that he was defeated.

wilisno
14-07-2015, 11:49 AM
There are skeptics in every sport event, but I don't think the OP has valid points !

1. There's no reason for UFC to replace Jose Aldo if he's not injured, Aldo is a bigger draw card !

2. No logic in the question, why should he be in attendance ? Biggest fight in UFC history ? Not even close, it's not even a title fight. Moreover, to a promoter, every fight is the biggest fight ever ... until the next match-up !

3. Can't comment on Mendes physical condition, but anybody can get tired for one reason or another.

4. Unlike Boxing, the fighters stop when one is knocked down, but they continue to fight on the ground in the UFC, so it's up to the ref. to call a stop for the fighters' sake.

5. That's obvious, he's only too glad that the ref stopped the fight.

6. TUF is not a regular program, there's no fixed time for an announcement. Dana White would announce it whenever he sees an opportunity. The show will not start till September, so 2 months' preparation is quite adequate.

Last but not least, even I knew the outcome of the fight before it started, let alone Dana White !

Unlike Boxing, when 2 fighters emerge unscathed after the fight, you can suspect some monkey business. But UFC fighters can sustain real injuries, it's not as easy to fake a loss !

kuntous
14-07-2015, 12:20 PM
There are skeptics in every sport event, but I don't think the OP has valid points !

1. There's no reason for UFC to replace Jose Aldo if he's not injured, Aldo is a bigger draw card !

2. No logic in the question, why should he be in attendance ? Biggest fight in UFC history ? Not even close, it's not even a title fight. Moreover, to a promoter, every fight is the biggest fight ever ... until the next match-up !

3. Can't comment on Mendes physical condition, but anybody can get tired for one reason or another.

4. Unlike Boxing, the fighters stop when one is knocked down, but they continue to fight on the ground in the UFC, so it's up to the ref. to call a stop for the fighters' sake.

5. That's obvious, he's only too glad that the ref stopped the fight.

6. TUF is not a regular program, there's no fixed time for an announcement. Dana White would announce it whenever he sees an opportunity. The show will not start till September, so 2 months' preparation is quite adequate.

Last but not least, even I knew the outcome of the fight before it started, let alone Dana White !

Unlike Boxing, when 2 fighters emerge unscathed after the fight, you can suspect some monkey business. But UFC fighters can sustain real injuries, it's not as easy to fake a loss !

Fair enough.
There's just too many variables in a fight where fighters are given 2 weeks notice.
All this Conor hype has taken focus off the co-main event which many are calling fight of the year.

The UFCs decision to put Faber against Conor is a poor one rankings wise.

Faber fights at bantamweight and he lost his last fight at featherweight.
Should be Edgar vs Conor.

wilisno
14-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Fair enough.
There's just too many variables in a fight where fighters are given 2 weeks notice.
All this Conor hype has taken focus off the co-main event which many are calling fight of the year.

The UFCs decision to put Faber against Conor is a poor one rankings wise.

Faber fights at bantamweight and he lost his last fight at featherweight.
Should be Edgar vs Conor.
Yep, Faber vs Connor is a mismatch !

kuntous
14-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Yep, Faber vs Connor is a mismatch !
Agreed!
Aldo when he gets better or Frankie should be next in line.