PDA

View Full Version : General talk New shop section on this forum

Oneonone
17-07-2015, 05:07 PM
I notice there is a new section on the forum for shop owners and girls to post!

I don't think that we members or punters can post in this section.

Lets hope it means that all the shop posts that are flooding the members section now go in this new section and members or punters posts is for punters only.

garfield
17-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Yeah, hope this works!!!

Fisher
17-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Will just mean the shops have another section to post spam in.
They will continue spamming in the general talk section.

wilisno
17-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Will just mean the shops have another section to post spam in.
They will continue spamming in the general talk section.
How ? Members can't start a thread in the new section, so similar restriction must be imposed on shop in General Talk section.

aussiegaigin
17-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Just a duplication of the existing roster section?

aussiegaigin
17-07-2015, 07:10 PM
How ? Members can't start a thread in the new section, so similar restriction must be imposed on shop in General Talk section.

Agree. bring it on

wilisno
17-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Just a duplication of the existing roster section?
Roster Section is supposed to be one thread per shop only !

rooter
17-07-2015, 07:24 PM
It's a good move by admin.
For it to work the rules should be.

General section.
Punters can start posts and reply.
Shops can reply only - eg. shops should be able to reply to criticism from punters.

Girl and shop info
Shops should be able to start threads and post replies.
Punters should be able to posts replies only - eg. punters should be able to criticise ads or info posted by shops

Fisher
17-07-2015, 07:30 PM

The shops will just keep bumping old posts with new info or reply with three emoticons as one has done just now in the general talk section.

harmony
17-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks Admin

As someone who has posted over 2000 times, I congratulate Admin to allow popular member discussion threads to spend more time at the top of the listing, rather than being lost and having to be repeated
Lets hope this change can make it easier for new people to feel their contributions arent going to get buried, lost, and not noticed

I never understood how shops could post and flood the General Talk section, when they were already had a Shop Info section !!

The community here is small as far as I can see, but there is a core of good people with interesting world experiences
May that core AUS99 group continue to grow, with the new website changes !

I never could use the prefix function on my smartphone, so visiting AUS99 to comment on other peoples posts was almost impossible
Also, website coders, why when you choose to visit "General Talk", the prefix for that section includes "Shop Info" and "Girl Info", that has threads written by shops !!
General Talk ideally is non shop talk.

The vast majority of visitors here read the most recent few days posts, and thats it, and do not search at all

I support all businesses here on AUS99 - the more the merrier
And the more user friendly the site is, the more I will be happy to continue to visit

Of course, lets make sure the troublemakers dont get the attention they crave, so any clearly harmful threads should continue to be deleted asap
This includes unsubstantiated STI complaints against shops

Wishing all the best of prosperity and success to AUS99, and prosperity and safety to all working ladies

wilisno
17-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Even members will post the same questions every few months, it takes time for everybody to abide by the rules, but I can see many threads disappear from General Talk already !

harmony
17-07-2015, 07:59 PM
I love clicking on "New Posts", to read the latest shop information, and see AUS99 latest threads and discussions - ie a mixed selection of shop and member discussions !
Thats gold !

But to be also to visit a "General Discussion" section, with purely members discussions ?
Thats gold too !

Thank you

uglyphil
17-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Excellent move by admin.

Let's hope the shops abide the rules.

wilisno
17-07-2015, 08:05 PM
I love clicking on "New Posts", to read the latest shop information, and see AUS99 latest threads and discussions - ie a mixed selection of shop and member discussions !
Thats gold !

But to be also to visit a "General Discussion" section, with purely members discussions ?
Thats gold too !

Thank you
Every section except Roster Section is a discussion section, anybody can join in the discussion, shops or members !

f00b
17-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I love the change, and it'll encourage me to participate more in the GT threads. Completely support this restructure.

rooter
17-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Shops are still posting advertisements in the General Section and Admin are moving them to the new girl and shop info section.
Who will give up first?
Keep up the good work admin!

Spe
17-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Wow... Finally... This is a great improvement.

harmony
18-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Yeh, just tried the AUS99 "General Talk" section again

Its so much better.
Just a small tweak, but it's a much nicer site to visit now

You can actually see who is in the AUS99 community now, and not just see the advertisers !

But PLEASE, don't change things too radically
This small tweak has already made a world of difference

Thank you

Rastaman
18-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Great Move!...Thank you Admin.

uglyphil
18-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Shops are still posting advertisements in the General Section and Admin are moving them to the new girl and shop info section.
Who will give up first?

Great question ;)

Oneonone
18-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Who will give up first?

Lets hope admin wins

Tho I can see the shops reluctance to change they want to be where the action is not on page 2 as it were!

Keep persisting admin.

Sextus
18-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Lets hope admin wins. Tho I can see the shops reluctance to change they want to be where the action is not on page 2

I do sympathise with the shops :prettiness: - who doesn't want to be where the action is? On the other hand the front page of general talk, the two front pages in fact, have been clogged for ages. Admin is trying to balance interests out. Does anyone have ideas about how to make the new shop and girl section popular too? :question: A random free punt for those who register and comment on the girls and shop posts? That might encourage hundreds to become active members and get eyeballs and responses in the new section.

Sextus
18-07-2015, 02:42 PM
There seems to be some shop civil disobedience in play! :exciting:

uglyphil
18-07-2015, 02:49 PM
I do sympathise with the shops....
Does anyone have ideas about how to make the new shop and girl section popular too? :question: A random free punt for those who register and comment on the girls and shop posts? That might encourage hundreds to become active members and get eyeballs and responses in the new section.

I don't, they have plenty of opportunity to get their message across, they already have a section devoted entirely to them.

There is no need to make the new section "popular"...the shops spamming the forum will already see to its popularity. In addition, for the benefit of those that seem to have forgotten this is a PUNTING FORUM. That is, we come here to get information on WLs and MLs, read other people's experiences and get easily accessible information on shops and their practices.

The General Chat thread, while a nice diversion, is not the main reason most of us come here (barring some notable exceptions).

This means that most punters (and I suspect especially lurkers) will mostly bypass the General Chat section or glance at it on move on. I think the new section will be quite popular as it is, simply because of the nature of this forum. And by "popular" I mean it will be read, but not necessarily posted in by regular punters, for the following reasons:

1. We respect the shops right to post here without interruption (a respect that is clearly a one-way street by the way, judging by the number of shops that are already going against the spirit of "General Chat")

2. There is no reason for us to. The new section provides (valuable) information, there really is nothing of any benefit to be had from standard punters adding to it.

uglyphil
18-07-2015, 02:54 PM
There seems to be some shop civil disobedience in play! :exciting:

Hardly a surprise. This is THEIR forum after all.

The most important concept of modern life is this: in anything that is "free" you (the user) is NOT the customer...you are the PRODUCT. :startle:

That is the case of this forum, we are the product.

Hmmmm...maybe we should get paid? ;)

Oneonone
18-07-2015, 04:07 PM
I do sympathise with the shops :prettiness: - who doesn't want to be where the action is? On the other hand the front page of general talk, the two front pages in fact, have been clogged for ages. Admin is trying to balance interests out. Does anyone have ideas about how to make the new shop and girl section popular too? :question: A random free punt for those who register and comment on the girls and shop posts? That might encourage hundreds to become active members and get eyeballs and responses in the new section.

The secret to my way of thinking is for the shops to post information that punters are interested in that way we will read it and all benefit.

The problem is if they just keep posting the same old thing or bumping old posts.

That is what has ruined the old section, and driven punters away from the forum.

Lets hope the new setup works for both.

Oneonone
18-07-2015, 04:12 PM
To expand on the above the roster section works fairly well, if a shop posts there and you want a punt then you can go there and see who is supposed to be rostered.

Some of the shops post a couple of times a day I don't mind that but I do not like the shops that post again yet don't up date it to the girls that are in for the day.

Some of the shops post a roster with girls that they know are not in just because that girl is popular and will attract customers, that is wrong and should be discouraged.

Overall though the roster section works pretty well lets hope the new section for girl info works as well;

uglyphil
19-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Notice that admin have cleaned out this section again.

Well done guys :D

Bawal
19-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Kudos to the admins in creating a separate section for shop spams. Nice touch!

aussiegaigin
19-07-2015, 11:27 AM
But there already was <General Talk - Shop info>, <General Talk - Girl info> and <General Talk - General talk>. What does this new section offer additionally?

Perhaps need to get rid of the "Girl' and "Shop" prefixes here?

Bawal
19-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Dude, Shop/Girl does not really make any difference. It only contains spams! I never want to see them anyway. As long as we have a clean General Talk section for genuine contributors, I'm happy.

rooter
19-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Some shops have been great and have followed the new rules, others are still spamming the general thread.
What about we start a "name and shame" thread for shops that keep posting in the general section?
And a "well done" thread for shops that follow the new rules and post in the new shop and girl info section?
Also we could post a comment like "this is the General thread! Do no spam here" every time a shop spams the General section. I know it bumps up their thread. But it might still be worth giving them the message.

Bawal
19-07-2015, 12:01 PM
What about we start a "name and shame" thread for shops that keep posting in the general section?
And a "well done" thread for shops that follow the new rules and post in the new shop and girl info section?
Also we could post a comment like "this is the General thread! Do no spam here" every time a shop spams the General section. I know it bumps up their thread. But it might still be worth giving them the message.

Nah, they don't need more publicity. As for the good shops, they usually get noticed pretty well.

WHITEDUDE
19-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Its great there is section for the shops and girls, but why are the shops still spamming in aftersex and general section? Admin should delete their posts and fine them a free punt per member :cool2:

aussiegaigin
19-07-2015, 12:38 PM

This has been tried many times in the past, but it does not seem to bother them, for some it just acts like bait and encourages them to do it more.

Needs a firm hand from admin to get the desired outcome.

HookedonHookerz
19-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Still I support this change by admin. Thanks ! I will return the favor by visiting the site more often.

uglyphil
19-07-2015, 05:45 PM
But there already was <General Talk - Shop info>, <General Talk - Girl info> and <General Talk - General talk>. What does this new section offer additionally?

Perhaps need to get rid of the "Girl' and "Shop" prefixes here?

I agree. Getting rid of these prefixes for the general forum could be a deterrent.

wilisno
19-07-2015, 06:14 PM
I agree. Getting rid of these prefixes for the general forum could be a deterrent.
It's good but not critical, because after a few weeks, all the latest threads will be moved to the new section, what's left here are old and irrelevant, the girls might have gone already ! ;) ;) ;)

uglyphil
19-07-2015, 06:17 PM
It's good but not critical, because after a few weeks, all the latest threads will be moved to the new section, what's left here are old and irrelevant, the girls might have gone already ! ;) ;) ;)

I know :)

What I meant was that as shops would no longer have these prefixes to use, they would go where they can use them.

But as you imply, hopefully the shops themselves will abide by the spirit of the new forum making the mods jobs easier.

opimrs
19-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Love it - thank you so much Admin.

AHLUNGOR
23-07-2015, 05:01 PM
This is GREAT ! love IT !

Well done AUS99 Admin !!

And I have been late in jumping in to congratulate the Admin as I really like to give it a few days to see how things will become !!!

So far so good and the results are very positive.

Apart from all brothers seem to like the new look, and many shops have followED the rules, there are plenty of new threads started by many different members and quite a lot of good vibes and good wills in the forum that we haven't seen for a long time, let's keep this up.

One more thing, if you see any more posts from shops spamming in this General Talk section, just click on the triangular " ? " sign at the bottom left hand corner and report the thread to the Admin, they will either be removed or deleted. I did that this morning for the two threads and they are gone now.

Thank you Admin,

You are doing GOOD !

LIKE ! :smile:

wilisno
23-07-2015, 06:16 PM
This is GREAT ! love IT !

Well done AUS99 Admin !!

And I have been late in jumping in to congratulate the Admin as I really like to give it a few days to see how things will become !!!

So far so good and the results are very positive.

Apart from all brothers seem to like the new look, and many shops have followED the rules, there are plenty of new threads started by many different members and quite a lot of good vibes and good wills in the forum that we haven't seen for a long time, let's keep this up.

One more thing, if you see any more posts from shops spamming in this General Talk section, just click on the triangular " ? " sign at the bottom left hand corner and report the thread to the Admin, they will either be removed or deleted. I did that this morning for the two threads and they are gone now.

Thank you Admin,

You are doing GOOD !

As I said earlier in case you haven't read that ! There's no need to pressure the shop owners to abide by the rules here, after a few weeks, all the remaining threads that haven't been moved will be old and will become irrelevant, as the girls advertised might have gone already, and they can't create new threads on General Talk !

Yes, I noticed some threads disappeared including yours ! ;) ;) ;)

stevegao888
23-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Good move, yes there are ways to get rid of the shop post but it somehow just discourage people to come , its a matter of feel
Now this section just feel better and I hope it will in turns attract us to post and visit.

Extra point - for me those girls info are just useless and stupid, and 90% are not real reflection of the true

garfield
23-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Good move, yes there are ways to get rid of the shop post but it somehow just discourage people to come , its a matter of feel
Now this section just feel better and I hope it will in turns attract us to post and visit.

Extra point - for me those girls info are just useless and stupid, and 90% are not real reflection of the true

Problem is shop owner think it is better to spam to get more airtime for their girls. And when a few shops are doing that other shops will feel they are not getting the fair share and will try to follow.

Shop owner should understand what they are doing is not really helping their cause.

AHLUNGOR
31-07-2015, 12:32 PM
The new initiatives were good, and Admin was taking actions earlier on, but they now went backwards and gone cold this week. if you guys don't keep this up - like removing the 6-8 spams from MOC and OBA, we will be back to square one very quickly.

Please take immediate actions again !!

Many thanks

Go AUS99 Admin, :shout:

iseeu
31-07-2015, 12:36 PM
We can only ignored the likes of MOC & OBA.
No one should post or respond to them and hopefully they will disappear!

khuntong
31-07-2015, 03:21 PM
I really just started to enjoy this forum more.. But if the old spamming action is back, I don't think I wanna post anything anymore..

Fisher
31-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Proven correct i see from my earlier post in this thread.
Lasted all of what four days being spam free.

kuntous
31-07-2015, 08:09 PM
But its ok if YOU spam the forum?

HYPOCRITE!

The new initiatives were good, and Admin was taking actions earlier on, but they now went backwards and gone cold this week. if you guys don't keep this up - like removing the 6-8 spams from MOC and OBA, we will be back to square one very quickly.

Please take immediate actions again !!

Many thanks

Go AUS99 Admin, :shout:

AHLUNGOR
01-08-2015, 11:49 AM
But its ok if YOU spam the forum?

HYPOCRITE!

You shut the fuck up bloody 8 inches !!

You should be banned again, again, again and again and banned on sight !

ouch
01-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I think Admin should charge the shops who repeat offend double what they pay to advertise for breaching terms of their agreement . And each month double up again if they keep doing it.. that would curtail it in short order.

WHITEDUDE
02-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Admin should put in a tab in the general section where we can block those shops spammers, so when we log on we dont have to look at their shit:shout:

kuntous
02-08-2015, 09:32 AM
You shut the fuck up bloody 8 inches !!

You should be banned again, again, again and again and banned on sight !

Temper temper.
Your anger seems to cloud your judgements! :)

Alpha11
02-08-2015, 11:13 AM
These are good changes.

Thank you, Admin.

deathblow182
02-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Wow, I don't visit that much anymore, but this is a nice feature.

Is there an option to flag a user as an owner/rep or something and only allow them to post in the relevant section?

Baby steps I guess.

Oneonone
02-08-2015, 06:05 PM
The changes are a good thing there may be a few teething problems but if admin remain firm and in charge I am sure it will work out for the benefit of all in the longer term.

The shops should realise that in the end they are the ones who have the most to gain.