PDA

View Full Version : General talk Davis cup quarter finals

Oneonone
20-07-2015, 10:36 AM
What a disappointing start down 2 nil at the end of day one.

Day two and doubles time Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Groth for Australia and weren't they great Lleyton never say die attitude seemed to inspire big Sam and together the got to come through and so we fight another day.

Day 3 and a big surprise after day 2 you quessed it Lleyton and Sam both playing singles in the sudden death matches.

A great win by Sam kept the tie alive.

And Lleyton didn't let Australia down some great tennis and a great win to Australia.

But a great well done to Kazakhstan they fought for every point and right to the last ball made a great match and were dignified in defeat, a credit to their team and to tennis overall.

Well done Australia we are now in the semies.

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2015, 11:22 AM
What a disappointing start down 2 nil at the end of day one.

Day two and doubles time Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Groth for Australia and weren't they great Lleyton never say die attitude seemed to inspire big Sam and together the got to come through and so we fight another day.

Day 3 and a big surprise after day 2 you quessed it Lleyton and Sam both playing singles in the sudden death matches.

A great win by Sam kept the tie alive.

And Lleyton didn't let Australia down some great tennis and a great win to Australia.

But a great well done to Kazakhstan they fought for every point and right to the last ball made a great match and were dignified in defeat, a credit to their team and to tennis overall.

Well done Australia we are now in the semies.

Haha Brother OOO,

I actually made my comments elsewhere but thanks for starting this thread, the efforts from Lleyton and Big Sam over the weekend after 2-0 down and back to the wall were fantastic, it certainly inspired me. Not sure if that would inspire the younger brats such as Nick and Tomic ?? And Lleyton is one Australian Open away from putting up his racket for good. The future of the Australian Tennis is................

May be when he becomes the Davis Cup Captain, he can pull the team together.

Next up, world no. 3 Andy Murray will be a huge task !

Go Aussies, do us proud !!