PDA

View Full Version : General talk STIs question

cipher
20-07-2015, 09:45 PM
searched forum about STIs test, it seems SSHC push you back to your GP as some posts said.

I dont want to go GP to check it, any suggestions?

Thanks

Max Impact
20-07-2015, 10:11 PM
If you go to the Sexual Health unit at suburban hospitals you wont get push back.

It's just that the city and nearby hospitals are so busy with WLs and gay men, they don't have time.

A44
21-07-2015, 08:21 AM
I go to the Sexual Health Clinic at Camperdown Hospital. I have been going there for about 3 years. I normally like to get checked every 6 months. On my first visit I did not give my real name, no ID or MasterCard details required. I was given a card with a reference number on it. I use this to make a booking or to ring for results. Usually if you have no symptoms you talk to a nurse and answer some questions. They take blood and urine samples. If you have symptoms you see a doctor. The last time that I was there, about 2 months ago it was even easier. They have a Computer type of device, you just enter your reference number and the date of birth that you gave on your first visit. Answer the questions. Then the nurse comes to take your samples. So easy and quick. If you do not hear from them it is good news. Sometimes I still like to ring them to confirm that everything is OK. I am happy to report that I have always been Clean despite taking a few "Calculated risks".

uglyphil
21-07-2015, 06:01 PM
I dont want to go GP to check it, any suggestions?
Thanks

I have never had an issue going to my GP. I have to have regular blood checks every 6 months or so for my diabetes, so I just get the doctor to throw them in there.

Oneonone
21-07-2015, 06:18 PM
I used to have a check up every 6 months at the Sydney Hospital Sex Clinic.

One day I went they said you cant have a check here anymore!

We suggest you go and see your GP.

What the ????

What is the government doing isn't it better for people to have check than not to have one.

Fisher
21-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Depending on your location liverpool has a sexual health clinic.
Free service only takes a phone call for a appointment with a dr first name only needed when booking a appointment.

fairmont
22-07-2015, 03:03 PM
If you are worried about seeing your regular GP, find one you have not been to before and ask for a full std blood check, they cannot refuse.

f00b
22-07-2015, 03:51 PM
What's the problem with going to your GP?

If you're worried about it going to your regular GP and them telling their mates or relatives, then you can find a medical centre near your work.

I really like Hyde Park Medical because it bulk bills (if you book, which I STRONGLY recommend since it's quite busy) and they're totally progressive, given the location of the clinic.

I go there and my GP knows everything about me, including all my misadventures. That's the way he can give me the best treatment possible.