PDA

View Full Version : Young guys with nice cars

project_manager006
24-01-2013, 08:05 PM
In the city alone, I see a lot of young guys around 20-25 driving new model Audi's and Lexus' - my question is, how the hell can they afford it?

1. They have rich parents - but there can't be THAT many rich parents around.
2. The car is leased (but still, it's quite costly to lease a luxury car)
3. They're investment bankers (but all of them?!)

Anyone ever wonder the same thing?

dr3w
24-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering the same too, I was thinking rich students from china?

Potluck2.0
24-01-2013, 09:24 PM
mostly investment bankers i'd say who need to keep up with mates. Nice cars aren't really a status symbol anymore, just a way to show off to the world u dont know how to manage your money properly if u have a nice car but still live with ur parents

hell no
24-01-2013, 10:11 PM
In the city alone, I see a lot of young guys around 20-25 driving new model Audi's and Lexus' - my question is, how the hell can they afford it?

1. They have rich parents - but there can't be THAT many rich parents around.
2. The car is leased (but still, it's quite costly to lease a luxury car)
3. They're investment bankers (but all of them?!)

Anyone ever wonder the same thing?

You're wrong bro, no wonder you keep getting yellow card in your face!!....

As you know the weather has been quite hot, so alot of CEOs and firm directors have been demanding for slurpees from these young boys....

Once these young boys hears that click of the finger from their superiors, they will have to go in the room and start slurping on hairy plums and gargling on drive shafts, under the table that is...... Don't expect these young boys to be born rich, they've worked hard sitting on big cocks earning themselves some big bucks.....

project_manager006
24-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Actually a lot I see look like fobs...

Anh.phu91
24-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Drug dealers

Sergaent Brody
24-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I saw a guy driving in Nissan Skyline and he was delivering pizzas for Pizza Hut

vladdvanioo
24-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Most of their parents are rich people back in their hometown. One of my friend drives brand new lexus GS and he's only 22. His daddy owns a bank and some petrol stations in indo, he told me that his family businesses make around $2.5million / year, So lexus GS is not considered as "expensive things" for his family. Most of his friends drive nice car too, some of them are the son of the owner of coal mining company, banks, plastic factory, paper factory and so on. For high class people in china $100k is a small things, they spend 10-20k just for party with friends. And as we all know, most of chinese family only have 1 child. So whatever their son wants, they'll buy it.

Unluckily, i'm not one of them..

naturalism
25-01-2013, 12:57 PM
After spending Xmas/NY in HK, where anything less than a european or jap luxury car looks out of place, there are way too bombs on the streets of Sydney.

bhd
25-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I think they probably wondering who would pay $200-$300+ to fuck a woman too...
We all have our toys and hobbies, no point thinking about how people use their money

fatpork
25-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Most of their parents are rich people back in their hometown. One of my friend drives brand new lexus GS and he's only 22. His daddy owns a bank and some petrol stations in indo, he told me that his family businesses make around $2.5million / year, So lexus GS is not considered as "expensive things" for his family. Most of his friends drive nice car too, some of them are the son of the owner of coal mining company, banks, plastic factory, paper factory and so on. For high class people in china $100k is a small things, they spend 10-20k just for party with friends. And as we all know, most of chinese family only have 1 child. So whatever their son wants, they'll buy it.

Unluckily, i'm not one of them..

What you say is very true..as im from indo myself but im not as rich as what you wrote
Majority of them are anyway hahahaha

DeepImpact
25-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks mummy and daddy!!!

Yes I know I am not smart enough to earn the money myself to afford to drive this car but i'll let you know when I get bored with it or a more fashionable model is released so you can buy me a new one. Oh and by the way can you please pay for my rent, Uni fees and throw in some extra spending money so I can get a girlfriend or spend it on a few Wl's. Love you.

IExperiment
25-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks mummy and daddy!!!

Yes I know I am not smart enough to earn the money myself to afford to drive this car but i'll let you know when I get bored with it or a more fashionable model is released so you can buy me a new one. Oh and by the way can you please pay for my rent, Uni fees and throw in some extra spending money so I can get a girlfriend or spend it on a few Wl's. Love you.

This is so funny but true.

wilisno
25-01-2013, 11:36 PM
This is so funny but true.

I doubt if those rich kids even have to ask for more money, instead, the parents would ask them periodically if they have enough to get by !

IExperiment
25-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I doubt if those rich kids even have to ask for more money, instead, the parents would ask them periodically if they have enough to get by !

Yes there is some of those what you said as well. I was a bit jealous when I was younger due to politic as my dad past away and all his brother and sister took the family business and my brother sister get left out :) but all the cousin get lots of money due to their parent, but now I am happy now as I made everything by my self :)

Bigfoot
25-01-2013, 11:55 PM
I think you will find
Most are not Punters. - They think it's eky or something.
Mosty don't own them Directly. It's the banks or a leased car via mum dad or business equivlant.

As mentioned some of the lucky young Asian boys and girls Parents do have bit back home. I find it funny but how No one owns anything in this country but and many Go from up and down to disapear or even just Down.

For all those local - so called rich kids- Life eventually catches up to them- Don't worry. You either work REALLY hard young and I mean up till about 35 then you can let it level out. Or you have fun and Hope you land something good and you end up not having to work too hard to pay it back. Or it blows up in your face.

I use to get alot more Requests PRE GFC for - my Customized stuff. Now only friends want it and for FREE ( A word I don't understand) Now it's Dead, very dead. Not only is it fully marketed but those who were into it. Got Married - Kids - or the Job just well- some how - they went from being seen everyday at a Cafe Store to well I think working. Same with the fancy cars.

Even the Drugs run out eventually.

Oh and living with parents. Wog traditions for some of us, but I think you find, any young person under 25 living in good location is going to be living with parents. Housing cost in Sydney makes it so. I was surprised to se rent costs in Cambeltown rival Parramatta and even Campsie.

As good friend told me the Grass looks greener on the other side till you live it. Even then you still might want it.

Personally I am more amazed at how many still live life on day to day - crying they have no money yet spend more on clothes and even just fancy coffee's and drinks. Plus have time for the Gym and Social stuff. I don't get it.

Must be doing something wrong

2GR
27-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Nissan 370z, Lexus IS and Audi A4 seem to be the popular models with these rich young kids.. In Sydney

Obviously their parents own or buy them these cars..

AHLUNGOR
28-01-2013, 02:34 AM
You guys remember this in the evening news a few months ago:

A Chinese student let his friend take his brand new Lambrogini for a joy ride and he ran into a pole!!

And the news reader called the owner: Overseas Chinese Student with a rich parents !!

Ps when on TV, the car owner was actually ok with the accident and even asked: I hope insurance will cover everything??

andyfromoz
28-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Reading this forum, I can't help but feel like there's animosity towards these so-called 'rich kids'. Why all the hate?

I mean, I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything but why does it matter either way?

AHLUNGOR
28-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Reading this forum, I can't help but feel like there's animosity towards these so-called 'rich kids'. Why all the hate?

I mean, I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything but why does it matter either way?

It's not hate!it's just envy !

It's actually one of the seven deadly sins!

When you work so hard all your life, making ends meet, paying off your mortgages and feed your kids, scramble for just enough money so you can have a punt or just a RnT every now and then, and all you can afford is a Camry or a little Honda, of course you will envy and think this is not fair - why do these kids can have a rich parents and drive a $100k sports car and can fuck the young hot outcall girls at will and you have to count your beans and can only visit MS with free HJ !

Is it not the reason why we even have this discussion!

Just my two cents

Cheers

suka02
28-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Well, for starters you cant blame on our parents. At least they are there to support your living life, some parents were start off as poor life and some where brought from rich families and those rich families have the advantage to grow the money on their business and whereas poor families were start off working like slave who gets low income just enough to feed their family and save a little.

I guess the only way to be rich is to start thinking how to invest with the some money we got on our own. The problem is that I don't know where to start or know where to find business partnership. I really do think you must have connections.

project_manager006
28-01-2013, 11:03 AM

Bro, it's only this thread that I know of that even mentions rich kids, so don't understand what you mean when you say "reading this forum". Maybe you mean "reading this thread".

It's not hate!it's just envy !

It's actually one of the seven deadly sins!

When you work so hard all your life, making ends meet, paying off your mortgages and feed your kids, scramble for just enough money so you can have a punt or just a RnT every now and then, and all you can afford is a Camry or a little Honda, of course you will envy and think this is not fair - why do these kids can have a rich parents and drive a $100k sports car and can fuck the young hot outcall girls at will and you have to count your beans and can only visit MS with free HJ !

Is it not the reason why we even have this discussion!

Just my two cents

Cheers

Yes, I'll admit it, it's a mixture of envy/hate. I went to uni and studied very hard, struggled to get a job after I graduated because I didn't have any experience, and then had to work the next few years with low pay just to get the experience. Now when I do have a decent job, I have to save up for a deposit to buy an over-priced property (bumped up by the parents of these rich kids btw) and then tie the rest of my life to working just to pay it off.

Yet these 20-something kids are driving around in their new Lexus/Audi/BMW, without having gone through any hard work.

And yes, I know, the secret is not to work hard, but to work smart, so end rant.

Edit: And also, I had friends with well connected parents and all they had to do was say their last name to get a job. My parents came from a poor background and so I feel like we have to start from scratch.

And yes, I know, world is unfair, so end rant.

chandra_man1
28-01-2013, 11:53 AM
open a brothel and make shitloads of money. dont envy others been rich

asiafever
28-01-2013, 12:45 PM
It can be an Asian thing. My dad ain't going broke anytime soon, has property in London, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane etc, yet I drive a fucking Kia. His theory is he'll support if needs be, but I need to stand by myself, and he's right. When he dies I'll be doing well but I'm not hanging around for it nor riding his coat tails. Meanwhile a Korean guy I know got an apartment and C63 AMG bought for him to go to uni here. He has no concept of money and how hard it is to come by. He's the only son so he gets everything he wants. Good luck to him, but now his dad's business in Korea is struggling he's at a loss, my god he may have to work!!
I'm not jealous, I don't hate, parents do what they think is right. My daughter is learning the value of money despite having a trust account in six figures. I'll never let her struggle but I'll never spend needlessly. She must earn it.

altgourami
28-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Most people start from scratch so don't worry about it.

The very public magazine lifestyle some aspire to is either maintainable through family, luck or street smarts, or will run out of steam by their thirties and they have to face the reality that they were living a fantasy in their twenties.

tpol
28-01-2013, 01:06 PM
wealth only lasts 3 generations on average unless one of the kids, grandkids is smart enough to grow it.

AHLUNGOR
28-01-2013, 01:17 PM
There is a very good but cruel Chinese saying which can probably reflect a lot of the sentiments here:

憎人富貴 厭人貧

meaning: you hated (or envy as we said it here) those people who are richer than you, but you also look down to those who are poorer than you !!

An ugly fact of human nature ??

project_manager006
28-01-2013, 01:32 PM
There is a very good but cruel Chinese saying which can probably reflect a lot of the sentiments here:

憎人富貴 厭人貧

meaning: you hated (or envy as we said it here) those people who are richer than you, but you also look down to those who are poorer than you !!

An ugly fact of human nature ??

Maybe so, but I personally don't look down on those poorer than me. I have been an underdog all my life, so I know what it's like. The only direction I look is up.

reve
28-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't envy/hate them but if they are game enough to race me I will just dust them away. I drove a 10sec daily so who give a f@#k wat they drive. I work hard and play hard. The only people I hate are highway patrol!

While that been said I wouldn't mind my old man buy me a porsche gt3 rs but unfortunatly I don't have a rich father.

Oldsteel
28-01-2013, 02:17 PM
At least 98% of us are underdogs. The united nations believes that the wealthiest 2% on the planet control >50% of the worlds assets whilst the poorest 50% on the planet control lesstan 1% of the worlds assets. So I guess all of us reading this are in the 'sweet spot'. Maybe not the wealthy 2% but certainly not the poorest 50%.

Oldsteel
28-01-2013, 03:29 PM
My point precisely, we ARE doing ok. Particularly if we can drop a few hundred $ or few Kay per month on punting.

AHLUNGOR
28-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Admit it, you probably can put up with "Young guys wth nice cars" !!

But if it is "Young guys with nice cars, and hot girls", it will be a bit harder to swallow right ??

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdzzzgmxsn1raxltgo1_500.jpg

reve
28-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Spot on! Now I am jelly!

IExperiment
29-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Admit it, you probably can put up with "Young guys wth nice cars" !!

But if it is "Young guys with nice cars, and hot girls", it will be a bit harder to swallow right ??

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdzzzgmxsn1raxltgo1_500.jpg

I'll take the girl for a few weeks.

Oldsteel
29-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I'll take the girl for a few weeks.

That's a good test drive!

action_hunter
29-01-2013, 10:12 PM
MMM, I like this one better!

AHLUNGOR
29-01-2013, 10:15 PM
This one is especially for brother Wil,

Elly and a BMW, you like ??

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nFqO88j_SKQ/S9b6aCLRZiI/AAAAAAAAABw/OHbB8THVAmc/s1600/Elly+Tran+-+bmw.jpg

action_hunter
29-01-2013, 10:31 PM
AHLUNGOR One for you

6 for me!

IExperiment
30-01-2013, 12:45 AM
I really like the body on this one :)1664

IExperiment
30-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Here is another pity about the best car but the body match the car :)1665

Miss Vietnam

jellyshots
30-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Australia is called the 'lucky country' for a couple of reasons -

1. It has a huge middle-class. Unlike in other countries, where the middle-class is sliver-thin or virtually non-existent, in australia it represents the majority of the population. Sure, there are also the extremes of wealth and poverty, but they are the exception.

2. There is social mobility - with its relatively affordable access to education and meritocratic business ethos people can move freely between socio-economic classes. This is not the case in our countries where your family's wealth and connections are often the most important factor in ensuring your success

3. Most importantly - the best things in australia are free - regardless of how wealthy or poor you are you can receive good medical care, play cricket in the park, visit the beach and enjoy the sunshine etc.

Awesome summary and completely true. I'd like to add that to break into no.2 and become upwardly mobile, you need to consciously mix with people more successful than you. This is one of the few countries that finance types will happily mix with tradies and people won't give a hoot either way. Overseas, that can be viewed as slumming it.

guailo
30-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Human nature to gripe about things, especially money, or the lack of it. Woman, or lack thereof. Length of dick, or lack thereof.

In other parts of the world, one can see young men (non-Asian) going around in fancy cars and hot women. Try London and watch the young men from oil-rich nations go about their lives.

the wizard
30-01-2013, 12:48 PM
My Girl friend sunning in my convertable - gate 5 Sydney airport

http://www.hotcarszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Sexybikinigirlandluxurycars13_thumb.jpg

AHLUNGOR
30-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Haha, that's not my car, she is not my girl and that ain't my house either.............lol

http://www.efastcars.com/vip.jpg