PDA

View Full Version : General talk Gold diggers method of operation

Milhouse
14-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Just thought I should post this here for the information of the younger ones so that they may be able to avoid the traps.

I have come across a few gold diggers in the past (not too sure why, I don't drive fancy car, don't dress in luxury items etc) and although their behaviour towards you ranges (some aren't good at acting like they like you, some are), the common thing they always ask for at one point or another is money. They will usually tell you they need the money for x reason. And I'm not talking about a few hundred dollars, I'm talking at least $5000.

The smart ones will ensure that you like them a lot before they ask. The dumber ones ask when they think you like them a lot.

They reason with you that they like you BUT if you cannot "help" them, then it would be impossible to be together. This reasoning has always astounded me, as I think that if we were together, then I would help someone, but for gold diggers it is the reverse. Also, some may genuinely confuse money with love. If you are able to "help" them, then all of a sudden you are more attractive and they can love you.

However, this is on a very superficial level only, even if they may not know it. In time, some other guy with more money will come along, or her demands will get larger, and then you are of no use to her anymore and she will leave you anyway. Then you will have empty wallet and broken heart.

So my advice is, keep your money in your wallet, and punting is always cheaper :)

For others who may have come across gold diggers, please share your stories :)

harmony
14-08-2015, 09:36 AM
I like your threads Millhouse
Keep them up !

I have luckily never run into one of these people that you describe
I am going out on a limb here, and say that most people I interact with on a relationship basis have respect for me, so never ask for money

I can tell you know, the moment a woman suggests she has financial troubles, is the day that I quietly cross her off the list of serious partners or girlfriends
But nothing wrong with remaining friends of course, just keep my credit cards and wallet locked up if she stays with me

As soon as someone is asking for money, and it isn't a wife or long term partner, then this is a big worry
If someone is loaning money from you, then it is impossible to say if they are just with you to get the money

There are too many nice women in the world, who are both just too proud and have too much dignity to tell you about their money problems
By all means be caring and understanding with anyone who is having money problems
But don't give your heart away to someone who is giving you these signals
Unless you want to be burnt

My friend from my high school days, and you all can imagine the story, married a foreign lady, who needed a visa
I don't know the whole story, but anyway he woke up one day to find all her belongings were packed, and she had left him without warning, after she got her visa
Not a nice surprise for my friend !

Im sorry, but in the modern era, where women are often able to gain good employment, what is the justification for them to ask another person for loans ??

Isn't that what personal loans at the bank are all about ?
If she is having financial difficulties, it is not up to a man that she doesn't know well, to help her out of it

Helping a lady out of financial difficulties ?? That's what a husband is for

Respect to all

AHLUNGOR
14-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I think when you explore this topic of gold diggers, you need to clarify at least three things:

1. Whether the woman in question is working in the sex industry, FS or RnT no matter. Just the punting industry as a whole .

2. If not, then she is a woman you met in a social circle . So you started of as a friend and not a sex client, things are a lot different in dating a working lady vs who is not .

3. In my definition, a gold digger is not someone who ask for $5,000! A typical gold digger is more like a Anna Nicole Smith or Rose Hancock who married a super rich. Even if we drop the standard right down , if she is a gold digger, she is not asking for thousands more like a house or hundreds of thousands

Just a thought !

harmony
14-08-2015, 10:08 AM
"In my definition, a gold digger is not someone who ask for $5,000! A typical gold digger is more like a Anna Nicole Smith or Rose Hancock who married a super rich."

I disagree
These are all examples of gold diggers IMHO
1)A lady you don't really know, who wants to tell you her financial problems, and only is interested in you, if you show interest in helping her with her financial problems. REALITY CHECK: My best friend doesn't tell me his financial problems, unless he knows me really well. Its not something you generally talk about in normal relationships.
2)A lady who is after prestige, and chases any man who drives a flashy car, and owns property. She is the lady who will sleep behind your back, if you work in a busy industry
3)A lady who has expensive tastes, despite not having a good job, and if she learns you are renting not owning property, she drops you within a week
4)A lady who has been married before, but to a poor foreigner, and is now in Australia to land a man with money. She doesn't want commitment however, so a divorce within a few years is quite acceptable, as long as she can have a baby, so to attract a good settlement amount

I am not making any value judgements here. These lifestyles above just arent uncommon

There are many other examples, this is just scraping the surface
A gold digger isn't only seen chasing the multi millionaires, they can pop up in your social circle too

harmony
14-08-2015, 10:42 AM
I think another important point to realise, is that in some cultures the man is expected to "take care of a lady", and the lady is subservient
This is a huge generalisation
However
Some men from some cultures, think that they have to take care of the lady, even if it is a friendship
Due to their culture, they see all women as "weaker", and the men do their best to help the lady

That's great. That's being a gentlemen
Until you meet the lady with low morals, who is prepared to use a man to get what she wants

But Im not saying that its just some women that want to use men
Of course, both men and women can be manipulative
But this thread subject is about women

Milhouse
16-08-2015, 11:00 PM
"In my definition, a gold digger is not someone who ask for $5,000! A typical gold digger is more like a Anna Nicole Smith or Rose Hancock who married a super rich."

I disagree
These are all examples of gold diggers IMHO
1)A lady you don't really know, who wants to tell you her financial problems, and only is interested in you, if you show interest in helping her with her financial problems. REALITY CHECK: My best friend doesn't tell me his financial problems, unless he knows me really well. Its not something you generally talk about in normal relationships.
2)A lady who is after prestige, and chases any man who drives a flashy car, and owns property. She is the lady who will sleep behind your back, if you work in a busy industry
3)A lady who has expensive tastes, despite not having a good job, and if she learns you are renting not owning property, she drops you within a week
4)A lady who has been married before, but to a poor foreigner, and is now in Australia to land a man with money. She doesn't want commitment however, so a divorce within a few years is quite acceptable, as long as she can have a baby, so to attract a good settlement amount

I am not making any value judgements here. These lifestyles above just arent uncommon

There are many other examples, this is just scraping the surface
A gold digger isn't only seen chasing the multi millionaires, they can pop up in your social circle too

Agree, excellent examples. The point about the best friend is a very good one. When I come to think about it, friends I have known for 20 years don't tell me about their financial situations, and we kind of tippy toe around the topic of how much we each earn. And yet I have had girls I met who on the second or third occasion tell me they needed money for whatever.

I think another important point to realise, is that in some cultures the man is expected to "take care of a lady", and the lady is subservient
This is a huge generalisation
However
Some men from some cultures, think that they have to take care of the lady, even if it is a friendship
Due to their culture, they see all women as "weaker", and the men do their best to help the lady

That's great. That's being a gentlemen
Until you meet the lady with low morals, who is prepared to use a man to get what she wants

But Im not saying that its just some women that want to use men
Of course, both men and women can be manipulative
But this thread subject is about women

This is another point I forgot to mention - some gold diggers will try to shame you into giving them money. These ones will say something like "I want a man", meaning if you cannot help them with money, then you are not a man. DO NOT FALL FOR IT BROS!!!