PDA

View Full Version : General talk Ignore PMs from these members

BrainSex
22-08-2015, 07:21 AM
There was some discussion about what info to give in PMs. I prefer not to respond to usernames with limited posts.

I mean PMs from user names with a long membership and zero contribution. Surely a real person whom uses this board would be willing to give something back.

Names like marktrim (member from earlier this year) & gilly90 (member since 2013!).

Usually the pm includes some feeble excuse as to why they don't post. I recall one username said in the first PM "I'd post on the forums but I can't, my account isn't fully verified".

Then what is the use of a username? You can read the forum without a login. Perhaps these members can start posting some experiences which they'v enjoyed form all of the intel shared through PM.

Brainsex

revolnaisa
22-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Damn, this mean we have junk mailers here as well....
I would't trust unsolicited PMs, for them PM stands for Pimp Mails

superfilo
22-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the info... I only replied to those who have contributed a decent amount. Regardless I haven't done anything worth being worried about as I am sure they are after FS and in that case there defs isn't any of that happening in my worldd. Just a name here or there and that's about it :)

Trapper
22-08-2015, 03:32 PM
I hope one day to be up to your level Brain, the lack of work and over abundance of uni however means I am very time and money poor hehe

RottenLittlePunt
22-08-2015, 04:02 PM
I hope one day to be up to your level Brain, the lack of work and over abundance of uni however means I am very time and money poor hehe

Money, uni, no work etc are no excuse. If you are not punting, then you don't need to PM people asking for info. If you are punting and not reviewing, fuck off and stop PMing people for info. How much more simple can the explanation be?

Trapper
22-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Money, uni, no work etc are no excuse. If you are not punting, then you don't need to PM people asking for info. If you are punting and not reviewing, fuck off and stop PMing people for info. How much more simple can the explanation be?

Ohh don't get me wrong punt i agree with you. I don't PM and ask because I haven't earned that cred yet. I have posted 2 quick reviews before in other threads but nothing majorly informative. My main purpose here at the moment is to keep abreast of anything legal problem wise and take on board and learn from guys in the open forum. PMing for info i wouldn't even attempt to do until i hit the 100 post mark, i have a live and learn from your mistakes life mantra so like to learn stuff myself. I was just saying that i hope to one day get to his level.

RottenLittlePunt
22-08-2015, 09:00 PM
I was actually talking in general, not for you specifically.

Trapper
22-08-2015, 10:08 PM
I was actually talking in general, not for you specifically.

No probs, just felt a bit targeted. All good

flamejob
23-08-2015, 09:02 AM

Succinct and accurate. The PMs I get are usually asking for specific names of MLs in shops, which I'm reluctant to share unless I have a degree of trust and that can only be earned by contributions. Getting asked for names by someone with single digit posts always raises the flag.