PDA

View Full Version : General talk Dumbo Abbott has got it right for once

WHITEDUDE
09-09-2015, 07:14 PM
I welcome Syrian refugees and if there was a imposed tax on our income I would be happy to part my money. Dum cunt Abbott has done the right thing for a change, I might even vote for him next time :shout:

weedinator
09-09-2015, 07:17 PM
As a hardcore Christian i doubt he cares about your vote. I would prefer he paid our school teachers and cops more than letting in more refugees.

kingwally
09-09-2015, 08:23 PM
As a hardcore Christian i doubt he cares about your vote. I would prefer he paid our school teachers and cops more than letting in more refugees.Me too...pay our cops, nurses and teachers more. The international community should force neighbouring countries like UAE, Qatar,Saudi Arabia and ISRAEL to take in these people before we do. The Syrians are Arabic the same as these countries, so why not.

WHITE DUDE....you clearly think that Abbott is a dumbo...would you want to go back to the previous two fuckwits in Rudd and Gillard? or that dodgy dodgy dodgy Shorten who has so far escaped two sexual assault charges as well as his shonky Union dealings.

rooter
09-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Abbott is a moron!
He is arguably the worst Prime Minister Australia has ever had!
Abbott is far more convincing as a right wing, bigoted, ignorant, red neck, cracker - that's his natural stance and he should stick to it - a southpaw is a southpaw, its no good trying to change his stance.
It's when he tries to be humanitarian, or compassionate, or intelligent or play the statesman that he looks most ridiculous.

s0019
09-09-2015, 09:41 PM
How much got cost us to feed them? Where are they going to be settled ? errrrrrrrrr!!!

wilisno
09-09-2015, 10:00 PM
How much got cost us to feed them? Where are they going to be settled ? errrrrrrrrr!!!
Refugees are not just here to be fed, in time, they will become contributing citizens too, provided they scan them properly and select the decent ones !

Where are they going to settle ? Australia is a big country, in Sydney alone, there are 1400 newcomers/ migrants and from interstates every week, so 10-20 thousand in the country is not an unmanageable figure, just hope the government can plan the infrastructure better !

AHLUNGOR
10-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Refugees are not just here to be fed, in time, they will become contributing citizens too, provided they scan them properly and select the decent ones !

Where are they going to settle ? Australia is a big country, in Sydney alone, there are 1400 newcomers/ migrants and from interstates every week, so 10-20 thousand in the country is not an unmanageable figure, just hope the government can plan the infrastructure better !

I think the plan is to settle them all over Australia and Not mainly in the capital cities which is a good move !

One way or another, it's a humanitarian disaster and it will cost the country a lot !

And then you wonder why all those oil rich countries in the gulf are closing their borders ?? Shouldn't the Arabs be helping other Arabs ??

birch
10-09-2015, 10:40 AM
I read an interesting analysis in the SMH today - The Gulf countries are by far the greatest monetary / capita donors to the regional humanitarian support agencies. They appear to be over compensating for not taking people by over spending on aid.

It's a strategic approach that possibly makes a lot of sense in many respects - these aren't pluralistic democracies - and just because the potential migrants are often Muslim / Arabic speaking you can't then assume they immediately share the values of the locals - A major reason this part of the world is so war-torn is due to the myriad of Arabic / Muslim factions and sub-factions that can't agree on sharing resources or borders.

The cost of the immigration scheme is moderate - but the cost of air strikes / long-range war is likely to far, far out strip it... each guided warhead is something like $700,000 and with the falling AUD these costs are only escalating as we drop more of them over a greater area.

The real question in my mind is one of balance - The air strikes aim to get to the root cause of the problem - but are they even remotely effective?? - The IS controlled proportion of Syria is now huge. With a ~700km each-way trip back to base our planes surely don't have the upper hand on what has proven to be nimble and very efficient army.

Tiankou
10-09-2015, 10:58 AM
how many does US take???

wilisno
10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
how many does US take???
If you want to make a donation to a charity, the question is how much you can afford to give, not how much others can give.

AHLUNGOR
10-09-2015, 02:11 PM
I read an interesting analysis in the SMH today - The Gulf countries are by far the greatest monetary / capita donors to the regional humanitarian support agencies. They appear to be over compensating for not taking people by over spending on aid.

It's a strategic approach that possibly makes a lot of sense in many respects - these aren't pluralistic democracies - and just because the potential migrants are often Muslim / Arabic speaking you can't then assume they immediately share the values of the locals - A major reason this part of the world is so war-torn is due to the myriad of Arabic / Muslim factions and sub-factions that can't agree on sharing resources or borders.

The cost of the immigration scheme is moderate - but the cost of air strikes / long-range war is likely to far, far out strip it... each guided warhead is something like $700,000 and with the falling AUD these costs are only escalating as we drop more of them over a greater area.

The real question in my mind is one of balance - The air strikes aim to get to the root cause of the problem - but are they even remotely effective?? - The IS controlled proportion of Syria is now huge. With a ~700km each-way trip back to base our planes surely don't have the upper hand on what has proven to be nimble and very efficient army.

I wasn't paying too much attention on the issue before but started to follow a bit in the last couple of days and found out some interesting facts:

The tragic photo of the young boy's body - apparently neither him or his parents were refugees from Syria, they have been living in Turkey in the past 3 years (way before the Syria crisis started) and they tried to move to Europe for economic reasons - and apparently they were trying to fix their teeth properly was the main reason for making the move - a direct quote from the Telegraph !

Another fact about the refugees: over 70% of them are young male !! women and children only made up of less than 30% of the " refugees ".

Tony Abbott has already indicated that women and children will be given priority when assessing their eligibility to be taken to Australia - single adult male are less likely to be considered. I am with the PM 100% on that - smart and sensible move !!

uglyphil
10-09-2015, 05:42 PM
a direct quote from the Telegraph

And hence...

99.9% chance it is an out and out lie.

Suggest you go to iview and watch "The Last Leg" for an appropriate dismissal of the "teethgate" story AH.

uglyphil
10-09-2015, 05:45 PM

If you want to make a donation to a charity, the question is how much you can afford to give, not how much others can give.

Excellent responses. Both of you :D

Although I would change the last part of your quote wilisno to this: "...how much others are willing to give."

Oneonone
15-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Obviously someone does not agree that he got it right!

He is voted out and we have a new Prime Minister this morning he should last to the next election with a bit of luck!

And then we the people will get to vote!

CunningLinguist
15-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Good riddance to Mr Rabbit ...

Raybo
15-09-2015, 09:59 AM
What a circus Australian politics is and has been for the last 10 years.....