14-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Two old useless farts running the country, what a joke :burn:

kuntous
14-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Two old useless farts running the country, what a joke :burn:

Maybe you can do a better job? :miao:

Remixed
14-09-2015, 11:15 PM
They can't be worse than that embarrassment Abbott.
Who cares though. The libs will be out next election.

wallyhead
14-09-2015, 11:53 PM
How do you know? Do u think people will vote to make Shorten the next Prime Minister?

rooter
15-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Abbott will down in history as probably the worst ever Australian Prime Minister.
He was an embarrassment domestically and internationally.
His own party finally realised this and that he would lose the next election so saved their own necks and dumped him.
Joe Hockey will also go down in history as one our worst ever Treasurers.
It's a step forward for the country to get rid of these two clowns.
The other big losers tonight are Bill Shorten and the Labor Party.
With Abbott as leader, especially if he was wounded by yet another leadership challenge, Labor was almost certain of victory at the next election.
But with the very popular Turnbull as leader, the Liberal Party are almost certain to win the next election and condemn Labor to many years in opposition with Shorten dumped as leader.
I think Turnbull and the Libs will be around for a very long time.
That's the way I see it anyway ...
Then again I had money on Souths to beat The Sharks yesterday.

kingwally
15-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Abbott will down in history as probably the worst ever Australian Prime Minister.
.Have you ever heard of Whitlam, Rudd or Gillard?...they were without doubt Australias worst PMs in a three way tie!

wallyhead
15-09-2015, 07:11 AM
I think people have forgotten when Turnbull was the Liberal leader a few years back. Remember the polls at that time? He was very unpopular. Why will it be any different now? Turnbull's being vying for the top job ever since he entered politics and I doubt he is really interested in anything other than what he achieved last night. This is a big mistake I think.

kuntous
15-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Yeah big mistake because Tony Abbott and Joe jockey were doing so well! :grimace:

Malcolm Turnbull has been preferred PM in the POLLS according to AUSSIES!

I think people have
forgotten when Turnbull was the Liberal leader a few years back. Remember the polls at that time? He was very unpopular. Why will it be any different now? Turnbull's being vying for the top job ever since he entered politics and I doubt he is really interested in anything other than what he achieved last night. This is a big mistake I think.

Raybo
15-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Turnbull is probably the best leader for Liberal.......for now. That is not saying much though. I can see Tanya Pilbersek taking the reins on the other side of the house.

khuntong
15-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I really don't think Turnbull can do anything to turn things around for the Libs.. For me, they're all the same.. Just a selfish egomaniac who cares about themself and gives shit about Oz people..
Some might disagree..

AHLUNGOR
15-09-2015, 11:13 AM
54 to 44 votes - is this decisive enough ??

I was amazed at the time line of the challenge, it all happened so quickly: Turnbull called the press conference to announce his challenge for the leadership at around 3pm?, and then a chain of actions resulting in Abbott calling for the party room vote to take place at around 9.15pm ? and then 20 min later it was all over. So the whole process only took 6-7 hours.

Did Abbott made the wrong decision by calling an early ballot, if he would have taking a couple more days, will the outcome be a lot closer or perhaps he would even survive ?

You have to give credit where credit is due, the numbers men behind Turnbull's camp was spot on, and their timing is impeccable !! I hope this will all translate into better economic management of the country !! Scott Morrison seems to be odds on to take over as Treasurer and judging on past performances, he should do a much better job than fat Joe !

I think one of the biggest loser in this coup is Bill Shorten, his chances of leading the Labour Party to the next election is now cricket score odds !!

Mike Baird for Canberra !! anyone ?

wilisno
15-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I really don't think Turnbull can do anything to turn things around for the Libs.. For me, they're all the same.. Just a selfish egomaniac who cares about themself and gives shit about Oz people..
Some might disagree..
Hehe ! Sure we don't have a leader who will say : Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country ! ;) ;) ;)

AHLUNGOR
15-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Hehe ! Sure we don't have a leader who will say : Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country ! ;) ;) ;)

Obama: YES WE CAN !!

But he has done nothing in two terms and how history will be judging him ??

Anaheim
15-09-2015, 05:33 PM

really?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/top-20-achievements-of-president-obama#.qc6aNBlDX

wallyhead
15-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Well - I think what will play out next will be like a Greek opera analogous to what happened to the labor party. Turnbull in - death stare Bishop deputy - Turnbull unpopular - Bishop ousts Turnbull - Bishop prime minister - Bishop ousted - Morrison Prime Minister - this may occur over this term and the next for I doubt labor will be voted back in at the next election. By the way - no hope in Hades Baird gets anywhere near Canberra. He's too much a light weight.

kuntous
16-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Less posting and more thinking!
Enough said...

Think before you post!

dohdoe
23-09-2015, 06:51 PM
54 to 44 votes - is this decisive enough ??

You have to give credit where credit is due, the numbers men behind Turnbull's camp was spot on, and their timing is impeccable !! I hope this will all translate into better economic management of the country !! Scott Morrison seems to be odds on to take over as Treasurer and judging on past performances, he should do a much better job than fat Joe !

55 to 44 is not decisive. If anything it means that around 40% remained loyal to Tony.

What the liberals have done is treachery of the highest order. Where is the loyalty. The liberals were supposed to be better than that.

You simply don't knife a first term prime minister. It was bad with kevin rudd and just as bad with Tony. Let me repeat, you simply don't knife a first term prime minister.