PDA

View Full Version : General talk K-pop girl band Oh My Girl 'mistaken' for sex workers at Los Angeles airport

cmk76
13-12-2015, 06:30 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/k-pop-girl-band-oh-my-girl-mistaken-for-sex-workers-at-los-angeles-airport-a6770481.html

A Korean girl pop group has been forced to fly home from Los Angeles after airport officials allegedly suspected its members of being sex workers. Oh My Girl, which has eight members aged from 16 to 21, said in a statement they were held for fifteen hours at Los Angeles International Airport by customs and border officials. According to the Los Angeles Times, the airport was suspicious of the number of props, clothing and staff accompanying the band. "As young women, they were mistaken as 'working women', which has recently been a big issue in the US," the band's management company said in a press statement.

Young South Korean women are facing increasing scrutiny from border officials who suspect them of entering the city to work the Koreatown nightlight scene, reported the Los Angeles Times. "Doumi" girls - women who are paid by businesses to encourage male patrons to drink - are not legally allowed and have been particularly cracked down on, according to a previous Los Angeles Times article. Koreatown, believed to have been established in the 1960s, is in the west of the city and is the most densely populated district in Los Angeles County.

Oh My Girl may also have encountered a visa problem, their representatives added, despite only doing a promotional event and not needing a performance visa. The band eventually got back on a plane and returned to Seoul, they said. The US Customs and Border Protection said the agency could not confirm or deny the pop group's claims, said a spokesman. “Privacy Act prevents CBP from disclosing arrival/departure records of international travelers,” he said.

Max Impact
13-12-2015, 09:49 PM
They would make a lovely brothel. I'd go!!

babelx
14-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Damn they are hot.

YI88
14-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Damn they are hot.

Not so special. Korean entertainers are usually hot-looking your girls, or slightly fat men.

If you get a chance you will find that under that short skirt is a fairly wide bum. If people ask me if I can tell the difference between a Japanese and a Korean I say that I can and that I don't need to see their face to do so.

Still, it's a pity that they were given the run-around at the airport. Even if they had not been musical performers they would have been an improvement on the LA scene.

juicykeyboard
15-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Lol!

But I don't see how they couldn't confirm who they are? surely their manager would be able to do it easy enough.

snot77
15-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Lol!

But I don't see how they couldn't confirm who they are? surely their manager would be able to do it easy enough.

Maybe they DID try performing, and customs guy wasn't impressed
:-)

babelx
16-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Not so special. Korean entertainers are usually hot-looking your girls, or slightly fat men.

If you get a chance you will find that under that short skirt is a fairly wide bum. If people ask me if I can tell the difference between a Japanese and a Korean I say that I can and that I don't need to see their face to do so.

Still, it's a pity that they were given the run-around at the airport. Even if they had not been musical performers they would have been an improvement on the LA scene.

I didn't realise Koreans had a wider bum? Interesting...need to investigate. Side by side if possible. ;)

snot77
17-12-2015, 06:54 PM
I didn't realise Koreans had a wider bum? Interesting...need to investigate. Side by side if possible. ;)

Volunteers required for serious research project.
Females preferable

:smile:

Funtwo
17-12-2015, 09:35 PM
So which establishment has this group and how much for overnight???

juicykeyboard
17-12-2015, 10:36 PM

Lol, same here. Since I read that post I've been making a habit of looking more closely at my Korean friends, I think the guy is right no idea how I missed it.

YI88
18-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Lol, same here. Since I read that post I've been making a habit of looking more closely at my Korean friends, I think the guy is right no idea how I missed it.

Thanks. You must be a nice old-fashioned gent who never looks below a lady's waist.

rooter
18-12-2015, 01:58 PM
In a few years time these girls will probably actually be sex workers.
Keep an eye out for them ...

juicykeyboard
19-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Thanks. You must be a nice old-fashioned gent who never looks below a lady's waist.

Possibly. More likely reason is that I'm a breast guy.