PDA

View Full Version : Question Question on parking ticket

Action Pump
19-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Just before Xmas i received a parking ticket so I just chucked the ticket in the glove box. Today I cleared my glove box and realised the ticket. Curious why all this time i haven't received a letter in the mail. I checked the ticket again and noticed the wrong plate number but the car make/model details were correct. Since i haven't heard anything, am I off the hook? Perhaps something is happening in the background, like chasing up photos? This was on George St in the city.

Miyamoto
19-03-2016, 05:25 PM
If its wrong plate number you are in the clear. For one, they wouldn't be able to look up your address to send a reminder to.

rooter
19-03-2016, 05:35 PM
It's all about the rego number bro.
You have dodged a bullet.
Spend the money you saved on a nice dinner for two - or better still on a punt!

Dude
19-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Happened to my mate. The officer took wrong plate number, as he mistook the capital O for a zero 0. And he still laughs about it till now lol

aussiegaigin
19-03-2016, 06:10 PM
It's all about the rego number bro.
You have dodged a bullet.
Spend the money you saved on a nice dinner for two - or better still on a punt!

Maybe that is what he was doing when he got the ticket?

aussiegaigin
19-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Some rangers now take photos of the cars and parking signs, as back up evidence if you contest the fine.

But even if they did find your correct rego number, they don't get a second chance to infringe you.

bigeasy
20-03-2016, 01:25 PM
If they took a photo, which is pretty standard nowadays, then they'll catch up with you eventually. If not, then you're in the clear. I've contested fines before with errors on the ticket until they produced the photo.

loaded
20-03-2016, 03:18 PM
If the infringement notice has the wrong number plates, you'll be in the clear, regardless of whether there's a photo or not

the_boss_king
21-03-2016, 11:30 AM
you got lucky ! i just gotta parking ticket the other day. was over the limit by 10 mins -_-

Nejums
21-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Rangers have been known to issue fines before the time is even up...

I saw a ranger try to give me a ticket one day when I still had 5 minutes. Gave him an earful and was even considering complaining to their local MP.

aussiegaigin
21-03-2016, 12:26 PM
If the infringement notice has the wrong number plates, you'll be in the clear, regardless of whether there's a photo or not

Despite what I said before, I am not so sure now.

Rangers in my area often just drive around taking photos of illegally parked vehicles, then go back to their office, write out tickets and mail them to the registered owner. So I wonder if, when the OP's error gets detected and referred back to the Council. they could get out the photos, check the rego number and write out another ticket? This process could take a couple of months to sort out; is there a time limit for writing out the ticket?

Some rangers have NPR cameras, so they just drive along the streets or car parks, "harvesting" numbers. They might come back 2 hours later (if that is the time limit) and do another recording - if there are any repeated numbers they know the car has overstayed, and again send the infringement in the mail later.

carmen farquis
21-03-2016, 04:25 PM
i would just pay it then its out of your mind and finished

aussiegaigin
21-03-2016, 05:25 PM
i would just pay it then its out of your mind and finished

No, he should wait until he gets a valid ticket (if ever). Why pay for a mistake?

mxxt81
21-03-2016, 09:15 PM
No way would I pay. Think of it as a couple of free visits to your favorite shop

Action Pump
24-03-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm not paying. I'll wait for reminder if it ever arrives. I just hope they use photos only if you are contesting a fine

cuteguy
25-03-2016, 05:49 PM
I hate parking tickets. Too many problems with a motor vehicle. Last night I had engine problems. Could not start the engine.

Did you call NRMA and when they asked where was the car, did you say you were parked outside a brothel? LOL

babelx
28-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Despite what I said before, I am not so sure now.

Rangers in my area often just drive around taking photos of illegally parked vehicles, then go back to their office, write out tickets and mail them to the registered owner. So I wonder if, when the OP's error gets detected and referred back to the Council. they could get out the photos, check the rego number and write out another ticket? This process could take a couple of months to sort out; is there a time limit for writing out the ticket?

Some rangers have NPR cameras, so they just drive along the streets or car parks, "harvesting" numbers. They might come back 2 hours later (if that is the time limit) and do another recording - if there are any repeated numbers they know the car has overstayed, and again send the infringement in the mail later.

NPR cameras??? things are getting out of control!!~!

aussiegaigin
28-03-2016, 09:45 PM
NPR cameras??? things are getting out of control!!~!

Same as the police. I saw an item on one of the current affairs programs last year about a council in Melbourne with it. Cops drive through shopping centre car parks too looking for unreg vehicles