PDA

View Full Version : General talk Girl's "wages"

aussiegaigin
23-03-2016, 07:54 AM
This article has serious implications for the cost of punting in R&T:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/massage-parlour-workers-pay-docked-for-lacking-passion-20160322-gnooat.html

AHLUNGOR
23-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Sounds like they were only looking at legit shops .

But I know that penalties and fines are quite a general practice in RnT shops too! Late coming to work when there is appointment waiting or early departures are most common ! I suppose in these cash economy environment , cash fines probably works more effectively than warning or any other disciplinary actions !

In fact I think girls in RnT shops are actually paid more accurately by industry standards (not the award wages of course!) than those shopping centre shops , just my two cents !

Cheers

rooter
23-03-2016, 09:49 AM
The whole Australian economy is dependant on foreign workers, who in many cases are underpaid.
Most goods and services you buy in Australia have probably been produced or delivered at some point in the supply chain by an underpaid, non-union, foreign worker.
Working Holiday 417 and 462 visas, illegals, overstayers, real uni students, "English students", backpackers etc; they are working everywhere for below award wages; hospitality, fruit picking, building, cleaning, taxis, delivery drivers, retail, restaurants, transport, beauty, agriculture - everywhere.
And it's not just Australia. it's the same thing in Western Europe and the USA.

aussiegaigin
23-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Sounds like they were only looking at legit shops .

In fact I think girls in RnT shops are actually paid more accurately by industry standards (not the award wages of course!) than those shopping centre shops , just my two cents !

Cheers
I don't know what arrangements shops have for paying the girls, but in a good shop the girls are probably earning more now than what they would get under an award system. In smaller suburban shops with low turnover, this may not be the case. If the award rate was, say, $25/hour, then the girl would theoretically be entitled to a minimum $250 for a 10 hour shift. If she earns more than this in the day (based on current percentages) it could be paid as a bonus, but what happens if she doesn't and the shop cops a loss for the day?

But I think the crackdown is on proper record keeping as much as the girls' earnings - time sheets and pay slips, etc.

Legit shops now, but it won't be long before they start sniffing around the other

Triplexxx
31-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I reckon those girls getting 2k a week at least

kjs
01-04-2016, 12:04 PM
The whole Australian economy is dependant on foreign workers, who in many cases are underpaid.
Most goods and services you buy in Australia have probably been produced or delivered at some point in the supply chain by an underpaid, non-union, foreign worker.
Working Holiday 417 and 462 visas, illegals, overstayers, real uni students, "English students", backpackers etc; they are working everywhere for below award wages; hospitality, fruit picking, building, cleaning, taxis, delivery drivers, retail, restaurants, transport, beauty, agriculture - everywhere.
And it's not just Australia. it's the same thing in Western Europe and the USA.

100% true. The US economy would fall over without mexicans ,the UK economy would fall without eastern europeans,and the Australian economy would fall over without southeast Asians...this is a well known fact. I'm kinda getting the feeling with these SMH fairfax asian brothel articles,that the local journo women have realised the threat of being replaced themselves with younger,hotter asians for very little money nowadays :miao: :grimace:

Licker
01-04-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm kinda getting the feeling with these SMH fairfax asian brothel articles,that the local journo women have realised the threat of being replaced themselves with younger,hotter asians for very little money nowadays

You do realize that Eamonn Duff who writes 99% of the "SMH fairfax asian brothel articles" is a guy?

That said, I agree that he's a pussy though :shout:

Licker
01-04-2016, 11:00 PM
I reckon those girls getting 2k a week at least

Which girls are you talking about?

The article actually talks about legit massage places, so 2k/week only in their dreams.

Alex T Bear
03-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Which girls are you talking about?

The article actually talks about legit massage places, so 2k/week only in their dreams.

Reality is that girls will average $200 per day. The general way the shops work is they will offer a guaranteed daily remuneration, typically between $60-$100, possibly more if the shop is very busy. The girl earns a % of the customers fee, typically 35-40% and the shop takes the balance. The ml then gets paid the portion earned orthegarantee if business is slow. Therefore, the effective hourly rate is $6-10 per hour and seldom increasing to $10-20 per hour if the shop gets busy.
Some shops have some very illegal practices going on such as withholding a portion of earnings and demanding a notice period even though the ml works on a commission only and some shops charge a deposit for the uniform, if one is available. Another is reducing the cut due to the ml if she is late or leaves early even though there are no customers to serve.
Other illegal practices are insisting that the ml cleans the shop and works at reception and if the shop doesn't offer a guarantee and there are no customers for the day the ml has worked for no remuneration.
Most of the time the remuneration is paid from the till out of cash takings so I'm sure the ATO would be very interested in the tax dodge going on

aussiegaigin
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
And that is exactly the reason FWA is having the crackdown.

But FWA should not be limiting itself to "legit" shops.

dufour
03-04-2016, 03:06 PM
I know of a case of a "ML" working 10hr shifts at a massage near city shop that advertises here - and I think she reels in some regulars through direct contact as well.
She only works 2 or 3 times a week when studying
She didn't tell me how much a shift she earnt but enough to know she saw 8 a day - most for an hr and basically what went down:
So I confidently conclude:
- split from shop for straight msg component ~ $225
- 3 were no tip straight up massage
- 3 were nude / HJ tips = $150
- 2 were very special tips = $240
Total cash in hand for shift = $615 no tax
If it was taxed work for her would be approx $800 !!
= $80/ hr
Not bad if you consider she can still pick and choose who she agrees to what tip level service !!

But ...
- it's hard physical work - even straight massage
- it took a few yrs to get to those $ levels through rep & gathering regular clients
- I think it still takes a personal / mental toll

So good luck to her

CunningLinguist
03-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I think how much you make depends alot on how good you look and what sort of service you give, if you are good looking and give good service you should be making shitloads. On the other hand ugly poor service girls are sometimes lucky to get a single client in a shift. I got told this from a WL who used to work in a brothel then went private.

NaughtyBoy13
04-04-2016, 01:19 AM
It happens even in Asia countries as well

AHLUNGOR
04-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I know of a case of a "ML" working 10hr shifts at a massage near city shop that advertises here - and I think she reels in some regulars through direct contact as well.
She didn't tell me how much a shift she earnt but enough to know she saw 8 a day - most for an hr and basically what went down:
= $80/ hr
Not bad if you consider she can still pick and choose who she agrees to what tip level service !!

But ...
- it took a few yrs to get to those $ levels through rep & gathering regular clients

So good luck to her

You have got that right Brother !! :smile:

rooter
04-04-2016, 01:21 PM
If the girls are making big money then good luck to them

aussiegaigin
04-04-2016, 04:04 PM
= $80/ hr

She should be paying tax on the $615, which would be about $62. If she is a non resident, tax is around 40%

the_boss_king
06-04-2016, 08:04 PM
most major massage shops give close to half the amount paid for the service.

dufour
06-04-2016, 08:50 PM
She should be paying tax on the $615, which would be about $62. If she is a non resident, tax is around 40%

She has PR
And reality is if they had to pay tax then eventually the prices will rise so we pay a pre tax equivalent of $800 so the net would still be the $615

jbrixton
08-05-2016, 10:24 AM
A girl I was seeing regularly recently claimed to be making $1K per 6pm-6am shift (FS), almost all of which was $70/30min sessions, which means she was seeing ~14 guys a night.

deucebigalow
08-05-2016, 01:43 PM
= $80/ hr

But ...

So good luck to her

Probably only pay tax on the massage fees she gets from the shop. All tips would be undeclared cash in had so tax free I reckon.

jbrixton
08-05-2016, 09:13 PM
If that is true, this would be really really hard earned!

HM

think so? I thought 10-14 guys per 12 hour shift was about normal?