PDA

View Full Version : General talk "Unfortunate" event in Korea - but one man's...u know the saying

gentlescream
01-04-2016, 12:25 AM
I was talking to one of our beloved WLs early in the year and she mentioned the immense decrease of Korean WLs and MLs here. The currency rate is a main factor, let alone the image/reputation/label that a girl carries after visiting Australia for an extended period.

When I heard the shops like Midas, K-Town (ex-Romeo) and Juliet were employing Thai girls - it kinda said a lot. Even looking at our "Sir" Roger's shops, not as many Korean girls are seen. I'm quite sure a fair amount of our bros have gone through some disappointment.

Well enough of that introductory BS. An event occurred in Korea earlier on Thursday that may shift things and increase the number of Korean WLs in Sydney/Oz - for better or worse.

The Constitutional Court of Korea (a SCOTUS wannabe in my opinion) held, 6:3, citing, mainly of "moral" and "traditional" and "correct sexual cultural practices" that the 'legislation that criminalises those who sell sexual services voluntarily (not victims of trafficking), is not unconstitutional.

Meaning => It is constitutionally legit to criminalise sex workers.

=> old farts whose faces, as soon as you saw them, would make you say - "oh~ right right - no way in hell, even if it freezes over, would that ass vote otherwise".

As soon as the announcement was made, of course the police who had been taking bribe after bribe, getting new homes and cars and goods for their wives are aiming to "crackdown" on all types of prostitution and adult services all through the nation, thus actually apply the law and prosecute, seeing that it's a hot topic issue now.

Quick consensus of WLs/MLs? Lay low, at least for a while.

Now, here's where it can become interesting. How long will this "while" last? When the particular Act was passed in 2004, the industry in Korea didn't take too long to, perhaps ironically to some, to explode and create a market that grew to at least 5 times pre-2004. Will WLs and potential WLs seek to make their way out here for their livelihood?

A few WLs I know came out here purely for the basis of knowing they can work in adult services without having to look over their shoulder for the police, despite making a fraction (or maybe just quite less in comparison to) of what they made back home.

So you reckon we will see more Koreans on Shop Rosters? Do thoust wish for more? :cool2:

cisco
01-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Tha money they got its almost same amount they can get back to korea and rent n others things expensive here , why would they come here ? Thats what a wl told me :)

ChulSoo
01-04-2016, 06:44 AM
I concur with Cisco. On a standard rate, 250,000원 per hour here is basically around the same as 300 an hour for most korean WLs here. But when you consider commision prices paid to agencies or "shops" respectively, well ... I'm sure most gets the gist. I still have personal contacts with korean WLs from several places. Some of them gave up being a WL in Seoul, others are stil here in Australia or have gone to other countries.

monkeybeta
01-04-2016, 07:03 AM
WL/ML i spoke to recently told me sydney is expensive and quite boring at night quality of life can be better elsewhere and its only getting worse