PDA

View Full Version : General talk Cashless Society

winky
18-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Hey all
Noticed that a few banks are looking to reduce the number of ATMs around due to the lower amount of cash being used...thanks in most part to paywave.
So, if we ended up in a truly cashless society, how much would that affect your punting? Would it send a lot of places out of business? ?

Cheers
Winky

wilisno
18-05-2016, 11:42 AM
On the other hand, it's getting easier to withdraw cash from an ATM ! I just helped someone with cash emergency last night. I just organized addled withdrawal for him to withdraw cash from the nearest ATM ! ;) ;) ;)

Pistols
18-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I would save a lot of money.

Reduced punting and reduced "punting"

nocturnalman
18-05-2016, 07:25 PM
why would it have an effect on punting ?

Most shops use other business names than the actual advertising name for credit card withdrawals.
Some use names like Fast Trading and stuff like that

aussiegaigin
18-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Massage shops tend to deal in cash only. And the girls certainly do.

Don't want any paper trails for the ATO to come snooping around.

You might have to go hunting for ATMs in the future, but I don't have any problems at the moment. When I was a kid, you could only get money over the counter at a bank.

nocturnalman
18-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Massage shops tend to deal in cash only. And the girls certainly do.

Don't want any paper trails for the ATO to come snooping around.

You might have to go hunting for ATMs in the future, but I don't have any problems at the moment. When I was a kid, you could only get money over the counter at a bank.

Our tax records show that you have been punting in premises that surpass your lodged income declaration.
Our senior tax officer suggested that punts for $60 /20min two times a week would have matched your income but you are punting for 350 an hour two times a week.
It's time to be honest bud.

CunningLinguist
18-05-2016, 10:31 PM
I would never use any form of card in a brothel or massage parlour.

Pistols
19-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Agreed cunning

sukeong
19-05-2016, 08:17 AM
would be nice to able to use my card with no crazy surcharge or to use the card at all at ms or fs places. So many lost reward points I could have earned over the years. Sigh.

Pistols
19-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Up to $7800 a year!