PDA

View Full Version : General talk Hey guys the clock is ticking..... No more chinese girls for us :-(

Sizematters
10-06-2016, 09:34 AM
http://www.eastasiatribune.com/north-asia/china-bans-interracial-marriages-for-females-no-plans-to-restrict-men/

I found this article. I hope it doesn't impact on chinese girls studying overseas as a lot of them marry foreigners and it is another way to stop the "leakage".

wilisno
10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Nah ! I don't think that would affect us much, they come here to work and make money, they don't come here to get married in the first place, just that sometimes opportunities arise and they take them, if not, they just go home.

cuteguy
10-06-2016, 11:55 AM
http://www.eastasiatribune.com/north-asia/china-bans-interracial-marriages-for-females-no-plans-to-restrict-men/

I found this article. I hope it doesn't impact on chinese girls studying overseas as a lot of them marry foreigners and it is another way to stop the "leakage".

A Chinese girl can't marry a foreigner....that's harsh and very discriminatory. What happened to so called freedom in China? I recall watching 'If you are the one' and the subject about Chinese girls marrying foreigners was raised. It was noted that the majority of Chinese parents would not give approval to their daughters marrying non Chinese guys.

The Chinese communist authorities fail to realise that they caused this problem with more men than females due to their one child policy and cultural thinking that a boy is worth more than a girl in Chinese society.

Anyway, there's no need to panic. The Chinese girls will always visit our shores and give punters here what they desire.

Sam88
10-06-2016, 12:39 PM
yeah i doubt any restrictions will happen lol, there's too many Chinese anyway, no amount can stop them from coming over :miao:

wilisno
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
A Chinese girl can't marry a foreigner....that's harsh and very discriminatory. What happened to so called freedom in China? I recall watching 'If you are the one' and the subject about Chinese girls marrying foreigners was raised. It was noted that the majority of Chinese parents would not give approval to their daughters marrying non Chinese guys.

The Chinese communist authorities fail to realise that they caused this problem with more men than females due to their one child policy and cultural thinking that a boy is worth more than a girl in Chinese society.

Anyway, there's no need to panic. The Chinese girls will always visit our shores and give punters here what they desire.
What do you mean by discriminatory ?

That's what a responsible government should do to balance out the social structures of their society ! If there are more people of one gender than the other, there would be social problems to deal with, and not many foreign girls would come to China to marry their men either !

Sure the one child policy would have caused this problem, that's why they have to device a way to remedy it. But the one child policy is also a responsible one, not only to China, but to the rest of the world ! It's much better than those countries that don't control their population growth and let their citizens live in extreme poverty or starve to death, so the rest of the world has to chip in and help ! The world is in shortage of food !

scooper
11-06-2016, 12:14 AM

First they tell you how many child you can have, now they tell you who you can and cannot marry LMAO.. what's next ????

sukeong
11-06-2016, 02:06 AM

That's what a responsible government should do to balance out the social structures of their society ! If there are more people of one gender than the other, there would be social problems to deal with, and not many foreign girls would come to China to marry their men either !

Sure the one child policy would have caused this problem, that's why they have to device a way to remedy it. But the one child policy is also a responsible one, not only to China, but to the rest of the world ! It's much better than those countries that don't control their population growth and let their citizens live in extreme poverty or starve to death, so the rest of the world has to chip in and help ! The world is in shortage of food !

+1 Well said.

the_boss_king
13-06-2016, 12:32 PM
aslong as there is demand there will be supply, laws of business.
dont stress to much

lonely heart
13-06-2016, 05:06 PM

As much I usually disagree with wilisno, this is the one time that I would agree with him.

As much I don't like the way China government is ruling the way it is. It is not perfect yet necessary. The country is too big with too many population and very big difference in education level. Maintaining stability is vital for such country. This is one of those policy that maintain stability of the society.

A personal note, the non Asian scoring a pretty Asian chick had always give me a sore eye, and I praise those Asian guys who score a hot pretty western chicks. Call me discriminatory...... Oh feel free to have the dragons......

Alan86
13-06-2016, 05:13 PM
I haven't looked into this too much, but this seems like the same sort of mindset as 'don't let foreigners come and take our jobs', only in this case, it's 'women.'

As much as I do feel sorry for Chinese men who have trouble getting married nowadays (Chinese women want them to have a house and car, and are generally becoming pickier - as we see on IYATO), the trouble is that this seems to be positively unethical.

Everyone should have the right to marry whom they wish, shouldn't they?

aussiegaigin
13-06-2016, 05:31 PM

I have dated a few J girls, and many have told me their parents would be socially ostracized at home if they married foreigners.

Wayne
13-06-2016, 05:35 PM
seems like the same sort of mindset as 'don't let foreigners come and take our jobs', only in this case, it's 'women.'

Everyone should have the right to marry whom they wish, shouldn't they?

Have to agree with you, and whole-heartedly disagree with lonely heart and wilisno. Governments shouldn't be in the bedroom. When they start dabbling in social engineering they lose all sense of humanity. In this case it's simple race-baiting. There are enough crazies in the Chinese government who want to start a war with the rest of the world. Instead of talking to the Japanese they stir hatreds. Instead of acknowledging minority claims they rewrite the history of Tibet, Turkestan, Taiwan, the Spratlies and any number of other examples.

Sure, terrible injustices were done against the Chinese people in the past - Australia's vetoing of the Chinese Republic's participation in the 1919 Treaty of Versailles stands out. But the past is the past. The only reason past wrongs are raised is to forward a current political agenda. And that agenda is for the corrupt Communist Party princes to maintain their power. How to do that as an economy slows? Find some scape goats, stir up a bit of gingoistism, appeal to the lowest base. Politics 101. Trump is doing it in the US. Li is doing it in China.

aussiegaigin
13-06-2016, 06:23 PM
But the one child policy is also a responsible one, not only to China, but to the rest of the world ! It's much better than those countries that don't control their population growth and let their citizens live in extreme poverty or starve to death, so the rest of the world has to chip in and help ! The world is in shortage of food !
A one child policy will effectively halve the population every generation, resulting in a smaller number of people working and paying taxes to keep the older generations alive. We are already seeing this in Australia with the number of voluntary no or one child families.

Japan has a shortage of females in rural communities, where the daughters are running off to the bright lights/big cities rather than staying with the families. There have been campaigns there to bring in girls from Phils, Thai, Viet, etc to keep farming industries afloat.

I don't understand how the one child policy works in China. On IYATO, when the question comes up "do you want children?" the answer is invariably "two, a boy and a girl".

God Member
13-06-2016, 06:33 PM
On If You are the one, when the question comes up "do you want children?" the answer is invariably "two, a boy and a girl".

That show, with a 24:1 ratio of females to males gives a huge misimpression of the social reality in China.

I feel sorry for the young (and older) adult guys there. The victims of the collision of a cultural preference for boys and a government mandate for one child.

In the economics of beauty, the severe imbalance of females to males means that Chinese girls are able to punch well above their weight when it comes to getting better looking guys.

And so the average looking guys miss out on them all the more.

CunningLinguist
13-06-2016, 09:56 PM
What is China going to be like in 50 years time ...

mikael66
13-06-2016, 10:05 PM
That story about China banning Chinese females to marry non-chinese males is a fake. It does not seems to be in any major newspapers in China. Also, if that is true, it world news provider like CNN, BBC, CNBC, etc would be feasting on this news.

dandydanny
13-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Agree with brother mikael66, though China is totally under the Communist Party's control, but there's no way Chinese government would make such a decision, it's just stupid

Alan86
15-06-2016, 11:12 AM
That story about China banning Chinese females to marry non-chinese males is a fake. It does not seems to be in any major newspapers in China. Also, if that is true, it world news provider like CNN, BBC, CNBC, etc would be feasting on this news.

Wouldn't be surprised. There's a few fake web stories going around. Beware!

Alan86
15-06-2016, 11:32 AM
That show, with a 24:1 ratio of females to males gives a huge misimpression of the social reality in China.

I feel sorry for the young (and older) adult guys there. The victims of the collision of a cultural preference for boys and a government mandate for one child.

In the economics of beauty, the severe imbalance of females to males means that Chinese girls are able to punch well above their weight when it comes to getting better looking guys.

And so the average looking guys miss out on them all the more.

This is happening everywhere in the world! But I wouldn't just say it's about looks, it's about women nowadays becoming pickier and pickier.

In the old days before women worked high jobs, you just needed to show up with a good job and they 'needed a man' for financial reasons, and would often marry men who were not that attractive but had a 'good income '.

After financial independence, now is the age of the population explosion. There's just so many men, that women feel that they can afford to be picky. Nowadays, even an average looking girl wants this, that and the other, in a man...

I also blame Facebook in a way, as all girls do nowadays is post pics of themselves online, and their friends all tell them how good they look - many average woman nowadays think they're a goddess!

The problem with us guys is, we aren't designed to be picky! Good looking guys will gladly date average girls, and so now the average girls expect that. And nowadays men have let that their standards plummet to the point where many men believe they are desperate and have to settle.

My advice is - believe in yourself! Believe you have a lot to offer (no matter what you look like or what car your u drive) and don't need to settle.( Although it doesn't hurt to better yourself, )find a girl who is down to earth and doesn't have these BS complexes and will love you for you.

One great thing we have is punting - because of punting, we can satisfy our urges, and not have to desperately follow any woman who will give us a chance. It gives us our power back!

TallyHo
15-06-2016, 11:55 AM
The story is fake.

Anyway,

No, I don't think girls are any pickier than the last decade. But I do agree that some girls think too highly of themselves.

Guys are probably more picky and want to be with that good looking girl satisfaction. Think about why many guys punt. Think of what we write on this forum.

cuteguy
15-06-2016, 11:58 AM
You are right about Facebook. Girls post sexy images of themselves and guys respond by clicking 'like'. When the girl receives many 'likes' she begins to believe she is a goddess or princess. It goes to their heads. Take for example Korean girls. Many have KPS and expect to be treated like princesses. All we need to do is to bring them down to our level. We don't need princesses in this industry!

TallyHo
15-06-2016, 12:56 PM
You are right about Facebook. Girls post sexy images of themselves and guys respond by clicking 'like'. When the girl receives many 'likes' she begins to believe she is a goddess or princess. It goes to their heads. Take for example Korean girls. Many have KPS and expect to be treated like princesses. All we need to do is to bring them down to our level. We do need princesses in this industry!

I think the same thing happens with guys too. I am no different either when I keep on getting compliments from very good looking girls. Human nature I suppose.

Don't forget, very good looking girls know they can easily attract new guys. Been happening for ages.

Now, sticking with Chinese, you got to be mindful that China opened itself to the world not that long ago. So anything foreign is new and exciting to them. And their one child policy has turned many of these now grown up girls and guys to be quite self centred.

Putting appearance aside, the reality is, some Chinese girls simply want to explore the new grounds. And in some other cases some Chinese girls just don't like self centred Chinese guys.

cuteguy
01-07-2016, 12:02 AM
I think the same thing happens with guys too. I am no different either when I keep on getting compliments from very good looking girls. Human nature I suppose.

Don't forget, very good looking girls know they can easily attract new guys. Been happening for ages.

Now, sticking with Chinese, you got to be mindful that China opened itself to the world not that long ago. So anything foreign is new and exciting to them. And their one child policy has turned many of these now grown up girls and guys to be quite self centred.

Putting appearance aside, the reality is, some Chinese girls simply want to explore the new grounds. And in some other cases some Chinese girls just don't like self centred Chinese guys.

The exposure to western culture means that Chinese girls want to try something different and this means going out and having sex with boys from different nationalities too.