PDA

View Full Version : General talk Anyone on here lift?

shootermcgavin
26-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Just curious, but are there any lifters on the forum? I've noticed nobody on here mentions the staggering number of babes in the gym these days. Nothing like working behind a honey doing deads or squats. Not to mention the fact that it's probably the second best feeling in the world (sex being number 1) hitting a PR.

Kroid19
26-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Just curious, but are there any lifters on the forum? I've noticed nobody on here mentions the staggering number of babes in the gym these days. Nothing like working behind a honey doing deads or squats. Not to mention the fact that it's probably the second best feeling in the world (sex being number 1) hitting a PR.

Haha yes indeed, regardless of the gym and the location, there's always a hottie that makes you lifet beyond your capability. But so far Fitness First got the most, followed by Fit n fast five dock, loved that place when I lived close by.

shootermcgavin
26-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Haha yes indeed, regardless of the gym and the location, there's always a hottie that makes you lifet beyond your capability. But so far Fitness First got the most, followed by Fit n fast five dock, loved that place when I lived close by.

Can always squeeze out a few more reps or lift a bit heavier if there is a hottie around. Love the girls who squat regularly too. Something about a woman with a strong physique and a nice plump squat bum makes me weak at the knees.

I've noticed there are a lot more women doing pelvic thrusts these days too, presumably to keep nice and tight. I'm.....not complaining.....

CunningLinguist
27-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Hey guys I don't think hot chicks notice when you do an extra rep or two ...

shootermcgavin
27-11-2016, 10:46 AM

^ People who don't lift.

Kroid19
27-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Haha most likely, but seeing a hottie with those tight yoga pants squatting or walking close to you, brings the animal in me which makes me lift more.

Kroid19
27-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Can always squeeze out a few more reps or lift a bit heavier if there is a hottie around. Love the girls who squat regularly too. Something about a woman with a strong physique and a nice plump squat bum makes me weak at the knees.

I've noticed there are a lot more women doing pelvic thrusts these days too, presumably to keep nice and tight. I'm.....not complaining.....

There is nothing more sexy than a woman that likes to look after herself, without being shallow or anything like that, but it takes commitment to go to they gym

13ru
27-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Yes i do. One of my favourite things is seeing a pretty lady with thick legs/ass squat x2 her body weight.

jeter
27-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Personally membership is too expensive for me and don't have a car to get there as no gyms near me. :cry:

shootermcgavin
27-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Yes i do. One of my favourite things is seeing a pretty lady with thick legs/ass squat x2 her body weight.

Amen to that! I'm digging how women these days are getting more involved in strength training rather than the traditional cardio/yoga scene. Nothing wrong with those programs, but a woman who can throw some weight around is awesome.

Personally membership is too expensive for me and don't have a car. :cry:

I've heard Crunch is pretty cheap, roughly $8 a week. Less if you pay for a year up front. Haven't personally signed up but I've had a few sessions in their CBD location recently and it's decent.

No car = cardio + warm up before you even set foot in the door. Awesome.

CunningLinguist
27-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Haha most likely, but seeing a hottie with those tight yoga pants squatting or walking close to you, brings the animal in me which makes me lift more.

If you would have said this I would agree more:)

Haha most likely, but seeing a hottie with those tight yoga pants squirting ...

Kroid19
27-11-2016, 07:35 PM
If you would have said this I would agree more:)

Hahaha touche'

woshihuangsedawang
29-11-2016, 04:56 PM
hey bro, i lift a lot. 140kg bench press 170kg squat 220kg deadlift @75kg. yes there are so many hot chicks in the gym. just dont go punting after gym. cause blood is flow to muscle not penis hahah

shootermcgavin
29-11-2016, 05:03 PM
hey bro, i lift a lot. 140kg bench press 170kg squat 220kg deadlift @75kg. yes there are so many hot chicks in the gym. just dont go punting after gym. cause blood is flow to muscle not penis hahah

Fucking hell, those are monstrous numbers! Respect.

Lol yeah punting after the gym, especially after pre-workout, is always dicey. RnT usually hits the spot though.

Mr Bastard
29-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Shoplift?...............

rooter
29-11-2016, 05:36 PM
I don't know what the inside of a gym looks like.
The only thing I lift is a glass of beer.
And my cardio is a walk to the bottle shop.

shootermcgavin
29-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Shoplift?...............

*sigh*, this guy.......

Sate my curiosity though Mr B, are you a Young Ones fan?

shootermcgavin
29-11-2016, 05:51 PM
I don't know what the inside of a gym looks like.
The only thing I lift is a glass of beer.
And my cardio is a walk to the bottle shop.

Still counts, especially if the beer is a longneck.

Christmas
29-11-2016, 06:05 PM
I lift 60kg! (on a smith machine lol) normally 30kg., for squat...

I'd like to join Virgin active... @zetland but too far from my place :( and it's not 24hours

wilisno
29-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Shoplift?...............

Maybe carpooling ? ;) ;) ;)

Shoryureppa
29-11-2016, 06:20 PM
I lift and will keep being active till I die.

Don't want to have a frail body when I am older.

shootermcgavin
29-11-2016, 07:00 PM
I lift 60kg! (on a smith machine lol) normally 30kg., for squat...

I'd like to join Virgin active... @zetland but too far from my place :( and it's not 24hours

60kg is good considering that would be heavier than your bodyweight! Smith machine takes a bit of the load sure, but it also forces pretty strict form.

I lift and will keep being active till I die.

Don't want to have a frail body when I am older.

^ This x 1000. I'm already looking into TRT for the future once my test drops off. No reason we can't be strong and fit later into life. I think it's especially pertinent with the way our society is going. I read an article recently about how men currently have the weakest grip strength out of all generations. Think about your grand-dads handshake and I bet 9 times out of 10 it was like steel.

shootermcgavin
29-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Maybe carpooling ? ;) ;) ;)

What time you want me to pick you up bro? You can have shotgun and control the music.

CunningLinguist
29-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Just last Saturday I lifted my Thai Beef Salad waitress onto the massage table!

Mr Bastard
30-11-2016, 04:23 AM
*sigh*, this guy.......

Sate my curiosity though Mr B, are you a Young Ones fan?

Back in the day, yes...........also Bottom, yet I have not thought of either for probably more than ten to fifteen yrs until you opened the topic........

Hope this helps your Phsyc Evaluation of me............

Ahh the laughs

shootermcgavin
30-11-2016, 05:53 AM
Back in the day, yes...........also Bottom, yet I have not thought of either for probably more than ten to fifteen yrs until you opened the topic........

Hope this helps your Phsyc Evaluation of me............

Ahh the laughs

Lol, okay guy.

Miyamoto
30-11-2016, 01:16 PM
I try and do 2 days a week strength/conditioning and 3-4 grappling/mma

poundher
30-11-2016, 02:09 PM
If you are looking to make strength and size gains the 5x5 workout is for you.
Cheers

woods23
30-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Just 60 push up a night will do before sleep lol ...

poundher
30-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Just 60 push up a night will do before sleep lol ...

Push ups are great and if you are doing 60 a night you're a beast but it doesn't workout your legs.

shootermcgavin
30-11-2016, 03:14 PM
If you are looking to make strength and size gains the 5x5 workout is for you.
Cheers

100%, totally agree. Follow the rule of progressive overload, making incremental increases in weight each session, and in a few months your core lifts (bench, squat, DL) will be juicy. Won't look the best, but you'll be big and strong which ultimately I'd prefer anyways vs aesthetics.

shootermcgavin
30-11-2016, 03:16 PM
I try and do 2 days a week strength/conditioning and 3-4 grappling/mma

3 to 4 days of MMA and grappling (wrestling, judo or BJJ?) is a big effort! Beast mode activated.

Do you do the combat stuff in lieu of cardio? I'm considering taking up a martial art just for the cardio benefits as I hate running, cycling etc.

Mr Bastard
30-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Dudejitzu is good for some I hear.......

wilisno
30-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Not as good as Juicyjiggijiggi ! ;) ;) ;)

Miyamoto
30-11-2016, 08:14 PM
3 to 4 days of MMA and grappling (wrestling, judo or BJJ?) is a big effort! Beast mode activated.

Do you do the combat stuff in lieu of cardio? I'm considering taking up a martial art just for the cardio benefits as I hate running, cycling etc.

Yeah, I don't really have time for cardio, unless I'm trying to make a certain weight then I'll change out the weights for cardio.

Mainly BJJ + some judo.

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 10:49 AM

Rapier wit.

But seriously:
Trolling attempt = 1/10
Dad joke attempt = 4/10

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I don't really have time for cardio, unless I'm trying to make a certain weight then I'll change out the weights for cardio.

Mainly BJJ + some judo.

Making weight? You must fight? I've done a bit of boxing when I was younger but was fairly rubbish. Nothing like seeing someone who knows how to throw their hands properly.

poundher
01-12-2016, 10:56 AM
What alot of people fail to see is that many of the martial arts are more than just fighting applications.

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 11:17 AM
What alot of people fail to see is that many of the martial arts are more than just fighting applications.

Like?

We were discussing judo and BJJ. What are the applications for those other than fitness and fighting/competition?

poundher
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Like?

We were discussing judo and BJJ. What are the applications for those other than fitness and fighting/competition?

Ok just 1 example I know of first hand is when you're rolling with an opponent any good bjj coach will remind you to relax and not tense up and/or panic.

Apply this in real life and that's what I'm talking about.
Can't say anything about judo as I've never trained.

poundher
01-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Some coaches focus heavy on the arts and others focus on the martial.
A good coach will have the right balance of fitness, fighting application and health benefit.

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Ok just 1 example I know of first hand is when you're rolling with an opponent any good bjj coach will remind you to relax and not tense up and/or panic.

Apply this in real life and that's what I'm talking about.
Can't say anything about judo as I've never trained.

Ahhhh I get you. Yeah I never considered that actually. I always assumed it was black and white with martial arts training, but I see what you're saying: there are everyday applications of the training that aren't necessarily combat based.

poundher
01-12-2016, 12:19 PM
My bjj coach calls it the power of relaxation.
In a roll or any situation if you can relax under pressure you'll conserve energy, react quicker and think more clearly.
If your coach is teaching black and white it might be time to start shopping around for a new coach or ask your coach about it.
I find the same thing in weight lifting

It's about the diet, effective programming, breathing technique and muscle mind connection as much as the lift.

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 12:37 PM
In a roll or any situation if you can relax under pressure you'll conserve energy, react quicker and think more clearly.
If your coach is teaching black and white it might be time to start shopping around for a new coach or ask your coach about it.

It's about the diet, effective programming, breathing technique and muscle mind connection as much as the lift.

100% on the mind muscle connection call. Too many ego lifters in the gym (myself included sometimes I'll admit) who throw heavy weights around with bad form. Better off having mint form and lifting a weight you can control, lest you pay a visit to snap city.

Miyamoto
01-12-2016, 03:10 PM

This 100% but if I can put it a different way, the way I've always heard and explained to people, BJJ in particular is about getting comfortable being uncomfortable. It's easy to win a fight, or in life, when you're on top or in control. But when you're in a bad position, high pressure or there's something you can't control, you have to be able to relax and work your way out.

shootermcgavin
01-12-2016, 04:03 PM
But when you're in a bad position, high pressure or there's something you can't control, you have to be able to relax and work your way out.

I think once you can master this, life will go from hard mode, to medium difficulty with a few cheats turned on.

poundher
01-12-2016, 06:14 PM
This 100% but if I can put it a different way, the way I've always heard and explained to people, BJJ in particular is about getting comfortable being uncomfortable. It's easy to win a fight, or in life, when you're on top or in control. But when you're in a bad position, high pressure or there's something you can't control, you have to be able to relax and work your way out.

Agreed with that analysis %100.

the_boss_king
04-12-2016, 12:25 PM
i like to go to the gym atleast 3-4 times a week. stick to a different routine every week to try mix things up.

im also a red belt in tae kwon do.
also train mixed martial arts at bulldogs gym and sometimes uff gym when i have the time to travel.

waynekerr
04-12-2016, 04:18 PM
For cardio I road cycle most days - 200 km+ per week, for strength I do isometrics daily.

I have never been in a gym and I'm pretty fit for an old guy. If you want to link money to
fitness I think you should be paid to exercise, not the other way around. :-)

WayneK.

rooter
04-12-2016, 04:25 PM
I've lifted 3 longnecks of Sheaf Stout while watching the cricket today - good effort!
Now it's time to cook up some snags ... and a nice healthy salad too .. because my body is a temple.
Perfect food pyramid.
Sausages; fats and proteins
Stout; carbs
Salad; whatever ... placebo ...

waynekerr
04-12-2016, 04:28 PM
I've lifted 3 longnecks of Sheaf Stout while watching the cricket today - good effort!
Now it's time to cook up some snags ... and a nice healthy salad too .. because my body is a temple.

Luv it!!!!!

shootermcgavin
04-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Perfect food pyramid.
Sausages; fats and proteins
Stout; carbs
Salad; whatever ...

Stout is a viscose beer. Three longies of that would get your arms jacked. Plus, watching the cricket is cardio via 1 degree of separation, so overall I'd say that's a successful day.

rooter
04-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Stout is a viscose beer. Three longies of that would get your arms jacked. Plus, watching the cricket is cardio via 1 degree of separation, so overall I'd say that's a successful day.
Fuck! No wonder I am so ripped and pumped these days ;)

simplelife
04-12-2016, 05:24 PM
16 - 20 smokes a day (always have to finish with an even number) about 10-12 drags (reps) alternate between arms for each ciggy for muscle symmetry.

When I'm feeling risky sometimes I go up to 40 smokes. The gains are real.