PDA

View Full Version : General talk Why women like flowers?

doctorspock
11-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Should you give them presents or flowers on Valentine's Day? Are flowers a must, they cost an arm an a leg on Valentine's Day and dies within 24 hrs under this current weather.

AHLUNGOR
11-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Should you give them presents or flowers on Valentine's Day? Are flowers a must, they cost an arm an a leg on Valentine's Day and dies within 24 hrs under this current weather.

It's all for vanity I think and peer pressure in working environment for the ladies !

Many OLs got flowers, mostly roses delivered to her office on Vday. Those who gets it, feels like a peacock and showing off, those who doesn't - gets her ego hurted!

There have been known that some ladies bought flowers and send to themselves just to look good in the office ! Sad !

rooter
11-02-2017, 09:15 AM
It's a girl thing.
They love all that traditional romance stuff.
And yes as Al says it is a status symbol among women too.
It seems silly to us but stuff we do like watching sport for hours seems silly to them too.
Flowers are the traditional Valentine's Day gift but you don't have to give flowers though, chocolate is ok too.
Make sure it's a top brand or those gourmet ones though and make sure they don't melt in the sun or in your car.

neon
11-02-2017, 10:56 AM

It would be better to give panties with flowers on them...in loving memory of all the faces that have been buried there :smile:

Babycat
11-02-2017, 11:03 AM
VS panties might be a good replacement.

pooh10
11-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Or maybe you could celebrate this day differently by expecting gift from the other party for a change I suppose..it will be interesting to see how it works out. I have tried it before it was not how I expected it to turn out in a good way of course.

AHLUNGOR
11-02-2017, 11:42 AM
VS panties might be a good replacement.

I would love to see you in any Victoria Secrets !

rooter
11-02-2017, 12:16 PM
I think most women see a gift of lingerie as tacky and crude.
Also, they see it as really being a present for you rather than her as you get the benefit of seeing her in it.
It's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner, so she can clean the house for you.
You will get a cold reception for sure.

AHLUNGOR
11-02-2017, 01:04 PM
I think most women see a gift of lingerie as tacky and crude.
Also, they see it as really being a present for you rather than her as you get the benefit of seeing her in it.
It's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner, so she can clean the house for you.

A small bottle of French perfume , dinner at our local Chinese restaurant ,an earlier night in bed, and a glass of her favourite liqueur on ice will be my treat with my lovely Mrs tonight , the Chinese Valentines Day - the 15th day of the new year !

rooter
11-02-2017, 01:54 PM
A small bottle of French perfume , dinner at our local Chinese restaurant ,an earlier night in bed, and a glass of her favourite liqueur on ice will be my treat with my lovely Mrs tonight , the Chinese Valentines Day - the 15th day of the new year !

You're a smooth operator Al

paulgallen
11-02-2017, 01:56 PM
After report from Ahlungor too ?

Babycat
11-02-2017, 06:17 PM
I would love to see you in any Victoria Secrets !
But I normally wear $3 panties at work, Uncle.

shootermcgavin
11-02-2017, 06:37 PM

But I got her a Dyson. Surely the Dyson will inspire moisture?

harrycd
11-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Women are naturally attracted to nectar.

Littlewonder
12-02-2017, 07:22 AM
But I normally wear $3 panties at work, Uncle.

No wonder your so special babe!

Thats more than a lot of girls wear!

kaankaant
12-02-2017, 09:17 AM
When I was a kid my Dad bought my Mother an ironing board once for her birthday.... Ahhh, memories...

HumptyDumpty
12-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Depends on it its a wife, girlfriend, mistress, or a crush
But 99% women appreciate flowers.

ilum
13-02-2017, 01:44 AM
Some dont like them because they are gone in a few days.

Strayer Mate
13-02-2017, 09:04 AM
When I was a kid my Dad bought my Mother an ironing board once for her birthday.... Ahhh, memories...

How long was he in hospital for?

AHLUNGOR
14-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Well, the Valentines Day is finally upon us. On the way to the train, plenty of OLs have got the flowers in their hands and many guys also carrying the flowers probably on their way to get lay - or perhaps dinner only ymmv ........ haha

Similar scenes can be seen on the train !

One thing I don't understand though and here's a question for everyone:

A few rows ahead of me there is this blonde lady, 20's , quite good looking wearing a suit and carrying some flowers which is quite normal , what is not normal is that she has two bundles of roses, those expensive long stem type and very expensively wrapped ! The strange thing is, one of the bundle are red roses and the other bundle are white roses !

So who would send her white roses on Valentines Day ?

Just wondering

rooter
14-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Both red and white roses symbolise love.
Red roses are more about passionate love. White roses more about a pure or innocent love.
Maybe she has two blokes who see her in very different ways?

r69
15-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Both red and white roses symbolise love.
Red roses are more about passionate love. White roses more about a pure or innocent love.
Maybe she has two blokes who see her in very different ways?

Also could be taking home flowers from a friend or bought them on behalf of a friend...

In short... flowers are beautiful and what better day to give them to someone special than Valentines days?