PDA

View Full Version : General talk Head Gasket

6sixty9nine
29-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Fucken head gasket blew on the commodore again last night so I'm stuck on my travels for a little while been thinking of going to the otherwise and trying a falcon but i am nt sure what do you guys reckon

God Member
29-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Twice? How many k's on it and how hard do you drive it?

AHLUNGOR
29-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Fucken head gasket blew on the commodore again last night so I'm stuck on my travels for a little while been thinking of going to the otherwise and trying a falcon but i am nt sure what do you guys reckon

Time to switch to a Japanese car I'll say!

Any Camry will probably do the job for you.

Raybo
29-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Plenty of guys have blown head gaskets on here, more than once as well! 😆

JimBeam
29-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Commodore part is pretty easy to source mate as well as decent used engine via wreckers.. If the overall body is still in tiptop condition.. shop around for head gasket replacement otherwise engine straight swap.. wreckers would normally do it for you too.. my 2c good luck

wilisno
29-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I thought there's a new sex toy called Head Gasket ! ;) ;) ;)

6sixty9nine
29-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Heh heh I'm an old bloke afraid of losing me 12 points .I don't think the bloke who helped my do it last time torked the head down properly.

Twice? How many k's on it and how hard do you drive it?

6sixty9nine
29-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Nah, me Dad and Grandad both were Holden boys. It's in the blood. Any Aussie bloke would understand. But yeah maybe a Camry would set me right ya reckon.

Time to switch to a Japanese car I'll say!

Any Camry will probably do the job for you.

6sixty9nine
29-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Good advice Jimmy. But pulling an engine and carting it home seemed like more hard work than pulling the head. I dunno maybe I'll get a mech to do it this time for the warranty. Fucking pissing me off.

Commodore part is pretty easy to source mate as well as decent used engine via wreckers.. If the overall body is still in tiptop condition.. shop around for head gasket replacement otherwise engine straight swap.. wreckers would normally do it for you too.. my 2c good luck

6sixty9nine
29-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Enough head jokes boyz. I'm kicking back now with a pipe and weed. Work tomorrow.

aussiegaigin
29-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Nah, me Dad and Grandad both were Holden boys. It's in the blood. Any Aussie bloke would understand. But yeah maybe a Camry would set me right ya reckon.
Beware of Camrys if you are over 60. The throttles keep jamming.

wilisno
29-03-2017, 10:49 PM

Never heard of that problem in Australia, only a few incidents in the USA where the Camrys were made locally using components from a different source than those made in Australia.

5 Star City
29-03-2017, 10:54 PM

That's called AUTOMATIC:miao:

6sixty9nine
30-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Just got home from work and me mate took em straight home. No side trips to 40 or closer to town darn it.

aussiegaigin
30-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Never heard of that problem in Australia, only a few incidents in the USA where the Camrys were made locally using components from a different source than those made in Australia.

Maybe too subtle for you, I was referring to regular incidents that end up in the media where older drivers manage to put their cars into shop windows or over the edge of car park parapets. Camrys and "sticking accelerators" seem to be common factors .

wilisno
30-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Maybe too subtle for you, I was referring to regular incidents that end up in the media where older drivers manage to put their cars into shop windows or over the edge of car park parapets. Camrys and "sticking accelerators" seem to be common factors .

I never heard of that problem either, old people put their feet on the wrong pedal, yes, but not Camrys, it's been all sorts of make and models of cars !

6sixty9nine
31-03-2017, 10:46 AM
feelin horny today and need a lift from blacktown station somewheres for asian puss if anyone wants to mate a new mate and not scared of yer own shadow