PDA

View Full Version : General talk Flowing punting system

Shoryureppa
13-04-2017, 02:14 AM
Hey brother's

How do you keep your punting self-sustained & going?

Another way to put the question is, how do you continually afford to go punting? Betting? Gambling? Setting aside money from your job?

Share your tips & tricks!

Longan
13-04-2017, 02:36 AM
When you say "afford", do you mean "afford" as in you're on the verge of running out of money to pay the bills or "afford" as in you're financially secure but will just end up paying off your house in 10 years rather than 5?

Either way, I've found the best way is to just set a limit and stick with it. And as long as you stick to the limit, you're all good. For me, I don't feel the need to go more than once a week. I know that if I find myself wanting to go more often, then it's a sign things are going out of control so i just use that to remind myself.

eyo1032
13-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Job and punting in moderation... for whatever that means haha

AHLUNGOR
13-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Hey brother's

How do you keep your punting self-sustained & going?

Another way to put the question is, how do you continually afford to go punting? Betting? Gambling? Setting aside money from your job?

Share your tips & tricks!

Easy , at the expense of Not having too much savings ! Say if you are not a punter, either sexually or gambling or both, you should probably be able to save $10,000 a year = roughly $200 a week - which is like a bare minimum with just one RnT session and a few bets on the footy or horses! I think most punters would probably spend a lot more - which can be very scary when you sit down one day and add things up and find yourself an addict !

Shoryureppa
13-04-2017, 11:14 AM
When you say "afford", do you mean "afford" as in you're on the verge of running out of money to pay the bills or "afford" as in you're financially secure but will just end up paying off your house in 10 years rather than 5?

Either way, I've found the best way is to just set a limit and stick with it. And as long as you stick to the limit, you're all good. For me, I don't feel the need to go more than once a week. I know that if I find myself wanting to go more often, then it's a sign things are going out of control so i just use that to remind myself.

Financially secure but still punting is what I mean

kingqxxx
13-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Financially secure but still punting is what I mean

Simple really. You try to earn more. Be good at what you do.

Simple as it may sound but most people don't even try.

Longan
13-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Simple really. You try to earn more. Be good at what you do.

Simple as it may sound but most people don't even try.
Yeah most people forget that option. Problem can be solved by either spending less or earning more. If you can't spend less, then earn more. If you can't earn more, then spend less.

kingqxxx
13-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Yeah most people forget that option. Problem can be solved by either spending less or earning more. If you can't spend less, then earn more. If you can't earn more, then spend less.

Cut your spending is like a race to the bottom! I don't want to live like a peasent :)

Longan
13-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Cut your spending is like a race to the bottom! I don't want to live like a peasent :)
Agree but may help for some people. OP spends money on betting and gambling. Reducing these temporarily can help fund his punting escapades in the short time while he works out how to earn more in the long term.

solowang
13-04-2017, 03:06 PM
We are of various ages and financial situations. My advise is to punt within your means. If you find yourself going overboard then you need to sit down and seriously reevaluate your actions.

puntercouple
13-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Just like every other hobby: Budgeting and sticking to your budget.

otokosg
13-04-2017, 03:41 PM
having separate bank accounts help.
after you get your paycheck, move a pre-set amount into investmnet, savings, mortgage, expenses (including credit card repayment), etc, then keep half or a 3rd of the rest to punting. if nothing is left, dont punt. very simple system.

Shoryureppa
13-04-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm doing well for myself. I guess the question is, how often do you go punting?

Was just wondering if anyone had any sports bet tips or options/trading. Stepping into that...

rooter
13-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Once I've covered the basics of life; food, bills etc then the rest of my disposable income goes hedonistic pleasures.
I'm not rich, I earn a modest income, but I just choose to spend all my money on pleasures and vices; mainly punting, and to a lesser extent other pleasures like scotch, a nice meal, recreational drugs etc.
It's a lifestyle choice.

Lenka_X5
13-04-2017, 05:08 PM
non-wage income, i.e shares, bonds, derivatives trading, partnerships, rent, capital growth

Alan86
14-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Punt within your means. What you can afford.

I just think of it like any other hobby. Eg going out to restaurants costs you money, so you only go out as often or to as expensive places as you can afford to.

The key is to make sure you have a good income and then punt appropriately.

This goes for all other aspects of life. Live within your means.

Longan
14-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Curious what the average income is for the punter community. Anyone want to share their income? $65k for me.