PDA

View Full Version : Question how to make money for punting

lychee
22-04-2017, 10:12 PM
If you are married and your wife has access to your bank statements...
How do you make extra cash for punting or move around money without your partner notice missing money..

some ideas
egiftcards - top up opal for a friend to get cash
gumtree/ebay
organise dinners with friends, be the one to pay with credit card, get cash off everyone there.

Punterman2
22-04-2017, 10:16 PM
I have a separate secret punting bank account. $600 week of my salary goes straight in there from work so wifey is none the wiser.

Luckily I also have a wife that takes absolutely zero interest in our finances. I give her $700 week spending money and a credit card and she is happy.

CunningLinguist
22-04-2017, 10:56 PM
I have a separate secret punting bank account. $600 week of my salary goes straight in there from work so wifey is none the wiser.

I thought you punted at least every day, $85 isn't going to go very far per day ...:)

Lenka_X5
22-04-2017, 11:14 PM

Luckily I also have a wife that takes absolutely zero interest in our finances. I give her $700 week spending money and a credit card and she is happy.

You can't punt everyday with $600 unless you are a massage punter.

Punterman2
22-04-2017, 11:20 PM
I thought you punted at least every day, $85 isn't going to go very far per day ...:)

You are very astute Mr CunningLinguist and Mr Lenka. When I set up the $600 week payment last year, I thought I would budget for four $150 one hour FS punts a week but I have not been very good at sticking to that. According to my punting spreadsheet I am averaging twice that amount and up to $1,500 per week when I was recently in my doubles experimenting mode. Doubles burn money so fast it is ridiculous. You may as well light fires with it.

handcockJ
22-04-2017, 11:31 PM
For me running 2 businesses helps. No mortgage and I punt within my means twice a week - Ginza and a cheaper shop.
My mindset is not try to save money but find ways to make more money to support my lifestyle, motivation will drive you then.

Punterman2
22-04-2017, 11:33 PM
For me running 2 businesses helps. No mortgage and I punt within my means twice a week - Ginza and a cheaper shop.
My mindset is not try to save money but find ways to make more money to support my lifestyle, motivation will drive you then.

I reckon you are averaging more than once a week at Ginza as you seem to be there more often than Rooter these days. LOL.

AHLUNGOR
22-04-2017, 11:39 PM
If you are married and your wife has access to your bank statements...
How do you make extra cash for punting or move around money without your partner notice missing money..

some ideas
egiftcards - top up opal for a friend to get cash
gumtree/ebay
organise dinners with friends, be the one to pay with credit card, get cash off everyone there.

You punt - FS or RnT and then you punt !

Gambling on footy, horses etc if you win, you have more money to punt! If you lose , let your wife know you lost more, so you can still punt on the difference !

But it's very dangerous ! And addictive - on both ends !

handcockJ
22-04-2017, 11:47 PM
I reckon you are averaging more than once a week at Ginza as you seem to be there more often than Rooter these days. LOL.

Haha sometimes I'm in the area and I check the roster I can't help myself

Twice a week is a good rate for me, otherwise it'll turn into an addiction

Longan
22-04-2017, 11:52 PM

Twice a week is a good rate for me, otherwise it'll turn into an addiction
Wrong person to be talking to about punting addictions. Twice a week is a rare off-week for Punterman.

handcockJ
22-04-2017, 11:58 PM
Wrong person to be talking to about punting addictions. Twice a week is a rare off-week for Punterman.

Hahah I don't know how Punterman does it, I get bored after a few times a week. It's fun to let anticipation build up every few days. I punted 4 times in a week once and just went through the motions and burnt $1200.
Less frequent punts builds up the anticipation for me and the sessions are more intense and generally wilder. Punter is my hero that he can punt 7 days a week.

Punterman2
22-04-2017, 11:58 PM

There is a fine line between addiction and enjoyment. Sometimes I feel that I am on one side of it, other times on the other side. My choice though. You make your bed, you lie in it.

Someone on the forum has the signature " nobody dies wishing they had fucked less ". That will probably be carved on my gravestone.

Shoryureppa
23-04-2017, 12:19 AM
Not married so I can't relate. I am seeing someone though. The sex with her is good but for some reason I still enjoy going out to punt.

I am the type of person who needs thrill & risk to feel alive.
Sex is one avenue for me. If the top tier shops approved all the bookings I attempted, then the number in my bank account would be much lower & the receptionist would see me much more! The WL I want are always booked :(.

Punterman2
23-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Not married so I can't relate. I am seeing someone though. The sex with her is good but for some reason I still enjoy going out to punt.

I am the type of person who needs thrill & risk to feel alive.
Sex is one avenue for me. If the top tier shops approved all the bookings I attempted, then the number in my bank account would be much lower & the receptionist would see me much more! The WL I want are always booked :(.

I am very similar. I need a risk and a thrill to get me out of bed every day. A mundane life is not for me. You only get one so I choose to spend mine punting.

Alan86
23-04-2017, 06:31 AM
I'm not married, but I'd say take up a hobby or something which requires frequent cashflow.

Tell wife you are taking it out for doing that hobby, when you are in fact using it for punting

kingwally
23-04-2017, 07:04 AM

If you punt most days...who fucks your wife? If she is OK looking and doesn't bludge on me for money, I may assist her!

rodran005
23-04-2017, 11:15 AM
lol kingwally .

Soccerfan
23-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Q: How to make money for punting?

A: Work

Longan
23-04-2017, 11:24 AM

If you punt most days...who fucks your wife? If she is OK looking and doesn't bludge on me for money, I may assist her!
Yes, that should bring the Punterman family's bank account cash flows back to equilibrium.

By the way, OP I love your name on the forum but I like mine better :)

dammiyt
25-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Just dont share bank details! =) thats the best way to work it out.. hahaa.

1igh7ning1
25-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Become a male ml, or mg (massage gentlemen) lol

harrycd
25-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I follow a lot of sports and bet on quite a lot but my most profitable one is betting on the NFL, Vegas lines are usually a little slow to change and I've had a lot of success I believe I'm up around 5K over 4 years of betting. I'm in a long time Fantasy Football league which is PPR + IDP and we are all really competitive so I'm always reading up on injuries while at work lol. The amount of time I've spent checking Arian Fosters groin :(

On the other hand I'm well in the red for EPL, UFC and on the horses :(

If I have a big win I tend to fund my punting with this.

Outside of that I just work for a living lol