PDA

View Full Version : Question Uber accident city

inmydream
05-07-2017, 11:24 PM
I read the news about this guy got of from Uber and got hit by bus in early morning on weekend. The other day I saw some flowers near the Tesltra building just right in front of Museum. It's a sad story. Anyone know who this poor guy was and what really happened? was it the bus fault or was he drunk or something?

aussiegaigin
06-07-2017, 06:44 AM
The police investigating the accident would know.

I don't think this something we should be speculating on here.

Spaniel
06-07-2017, 08:33 AM
The CCTV footage will most likely be sold to a Dark Web or Blood and Gore site.
That's the best place to look. If that's what interest's you.

inmydream
06-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys I was just curious and I guess this freak accident can happen to any of us. Not interested to see CCTV, that's a bit too much. It's sad and I guess if your time is up anything can happen.

GlamourPhoto
06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
im from melbourne, driving in sydney is scary :surprise::surprise::surprise:

hereandthere
06-07-2017, 05:52 PM
From what i recall hearing the news around that time, the passenger disembarked from the Uber ride and in doing so stepped into the path of a bus. As to whether there was any alcohol involved I have no idea and it would be very disrespectful of me to speculate as such. But I have noticed the small flower tribute at the nearby bus stop also.

inmydream
06-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah thanks for the info hereandthere. I saw your news about C. Hope you get through this difficult period.

I think people need to be more carefull when opening the car door because you can harm yourself or others. I had a few near misses when cycling to work and almost got doored by people not looking at their shoulders to check oncoming traffic. And a few polite F words coming out of my mouth.

CunningLinguist
06-07-2017, 10:53 PM
im from melbourne, driving in sydney is scary :surprise::surprise::surprise:

what about the stupid hook turn dude ???

inmydream
06-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah the infamous hook turn. Almost got accident first time driving in Melb ages ago.

hereandthere
07-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah the infamous hook turn. Almost got accident first time driving in Melb ages ago.

I love how the cars waiting to do the 'hook' turn glide through for at least 4-5 seconds after the phasing has changed red and no one seems to mind. I suppose that's the only way the traffic can actually move