PDA

View Full Version : General talk Be careful, fake $50s doing the rounds

Lancelot
09-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Mamasan at one of the shops showed a counterfeit $50 that was used to pay one of her girls. I don't know if it was intentional or unwittingly passed on but it was a pretty go copy which you don't notice because it was....
1. One of three notes in a $150 stack
2. Room was dark
3. Girls are pretty trusting, or at least was
4. Didn't pick up till end of shift so doesn't know which punter

Hopefully none of us guys here. Just be checking your FUN money is not FUNNY money or you might not be getting any hunny hunny. Colour is not as vibrant, length is same but it is a thinner bill, by 2-3mms.

Poor girls were really upset, not just for this one note but now having to appear suspicious and checking notes in front of customers, because if they take it out of the room and find out its fake when they comeback in the girls are worried they will be accused of changing the notes.

In summary, do the right thing

8inches
09-02-2013, 01:43 AM
These notes have been floating around for a while now
I first heard of this back in 2011
I thought they wouldve been phased out by now or it could be a new batch?

spitzer
09-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Hi Lancelot... how can they be 2-3mm thinner? the real ones cannt be more than 0.5 mm? Not surprising the mamasan picks it up, they know the feel of cash better than an evangelical minister in the USA

spiral
09-02-2013, 06:31 AM
He means thinner as in width, not thickness.

spiderman
09-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Then its shorter not thinner.
I saw these floating around 5 years ago.
They use a waxy paper and insert a plastic window where the real window is the colour was also slightly darker.
If you rub your finger over the window you can feel it is slightly raised,in the light it is easy to pick but in the dark the window is a giveaway.