PDA

View Full Version : General talk Feelings regarding being seen

PuntMeat
20-07-2017, 05:11 PM
I was going to post this in the Smile after report but I thought I'd put it in general discussion instead.

Recently I was in the block of shops that Smile is in a week or so ago. As I was driving away a punter was getting off his bike and when he saw me, he started rotating his shoulder like he was in some pain and putting on a fake grimace like he was genuinely going in there looking for some shoulder relief. I just averted my eyes and let him have his reality. The funniest thing was that I'd just been around the corner at another establishment myself so there was zero judging on my part.

But it made me wonder though, how people feel about being seen going in to these places. I don't really care at all but I wondered if people have ever felt weird going into a place and being seen by someone else.

PS hopefully this person wasn't anyone on here :smile:

just zilla
20-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Thats part of the reason why I don''t punt in my home town. Once I am away from people I know or know who I know then I can be a bit more open about what I am doing.

flamejob
20-07-2017, 10:50 PM
not entirely concerned, but depends on how many people might observe it. if there's a crowd I'll usually not go in, like there was a shop near a packed restaurant in Surfers that I decided to not go in, and then a freaking sausage sizzle being held near another shop I decided against the walk of shame and on both occasions sought out something a tad more discreet.

PuntMeat
21-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Actually when I went to Tian Xin at runcorn I was a bit weird as it's next to Sakura sushi, where I eat all the time and the guy there knows me and my gf. So seeing me leave his establishment, go the opposite way to the carpark and then 30 minutes later walk back to the carpark crossed my mind. But general public I'm not to concerned about.

APL
21-07-2017, 08:33 AM
I find the new Yi shop at Chermside damn uncomfortable standing on one of the busiest roads in Brissy waiting for someone to open the door.
A good signal to cops about it not being legit in my opinion

Tonny
22-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Lucky only dumb ass punters know about this site WTF.:anger::anger::anger:

blas
22-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Some people do actually go to these places for a massage. ;)

Beau
22-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Man up . Its obvious the 20 % who are armchair critic's are too scared to show their face.
They only come out on the internet as they really are true losers .

Rosco80
22-07-2017, 10:58 PM
I find the new Yi shop at Chermside damn uncomfortable standing on one of the busiest roads in Brissy waiting for someone to open the door.
A good signal to cops about it not being legit in my opinion

There is a side entrance that is accessible from the back carpark. But it's still fairly visible.

One of the girls there mentioned that they expected to be a lot busier with the main road frontage. I've noticed a few shops on busy roads these days, so it's getting harder to be discreet.

PuntMeat
23-07-2017, 02:02 AM
I'm wondering how much of the general public just assume most massage places are legit though... We're able to identify the signs a bit more than most so wandering out of some place probably isn't as suss to a lot of people... The dude I saw on the bike though he was definitely putting on a show for my benefit...

Tonny
23-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Some people do actually go to these places for a massage.
If you turn up in a trench coat and a hat then you will look a "little" strange and out of place but if you confidently walk up to the door no one will take any notice. If you feel guilty then stay at home.

reddoor
23-07-2017, 04:11 PM
After a great punt i normally run outside scream out "yeeeees" and punch the air with a big smile on my face. Do u think passers by put 2&2 together.
Couldnt give a rats....

Soupy
23-07-2017, 04:16 PM
I've always hoped I would run into some self righteous person I know leaving as I was arriving.

reddoor
23-07-2017, 04:30 PM
I've always hoped I would run into some self righteous person I know leaving as I was arriving.
Hey they're there man. Talk to a girl your really friendly with whose been in the trade a while and she'll tell u all about the bible & koran thumping hypocrites they have to deal with. He's on his knees friday, she's on her knees saturday.

Soupy
23-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Haha nicely put

mman69
23-07-2017, 08:41 PM
similar to what flamejob put, if theirs a crowd out front ill usually pass or one shop on the goldie is near lights i usual wait till the traffic is flowing before entering,more about work colleague seeing me as industry i work in might be a bit awkward, other wise not too fussed im single so no biggie.

theragingbull
23-07-2017, 10:54 PM
I used to be so nervous when I was younger, sometimes I would walk past the shop 2-3 times. One time I was going for a punt and I ran into my aunty and we had a 5 minute chat a few doors away from where I was just about to enter

Nowadays, I walk straight in without any shame.

GinkoBashanan
24-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Meh, someone will always see you no matter how careful you think you are.

PuntMeat
24-07-2017, 11:02 PM
The more careful to think you're being the more likely someone will see ou and know exactly what you're up to...

Bblue
25-07-2017, 01:01 AM
If its a crowd, then pass. If its one or two I don't mind or care. I have pass or sat down with a number of bros at shops as well. I think the experience just puts you at ease.