PDA

View Full Version : General talk Free punts for you all!

Longan
11-08-2017, 10:09 PM
I recently signed up to the Amex Explorer credit card and basically scored 3 free Ginza punts!

So here's the rundown:

Sign up using a referral link (https://idap-e3.americanexpress.com/refer/mgmee/au/en/EXCCEXCCG3S4S5/AAAFAggfAxAfFQ==/v2?CPID=100204836)
By signing up, you receive $400 travel credit to use on either flights, hotels or if you want, you can even sell at a small discount on gumtree for cash. This offsets the $395 sign up fee.
You also get 100k bonus Amex points, which can be used for flights or redeemed for cash. If redeemed for cash, it is worth $750 (enough for 3 Ginza punts). If redeemed for flights, you basically get a free return flight to Japan with some points to spare.
You may cancel the card at any time you wish.

Enjoy!

wachumba
13-08-2017, 02:23 AM
How many points do you get for referring sign ups?

Also, you only get the bonus points when you apply, not every year. You also need to reach a minimum spend in the first 3 months to get the points and only if you havent held AMEX issued cards in the past 2 years.

$400 travel credit usually sells for approximately $330 on other websites.

Nejums
13-08-2017, 02:25 AM
How many points do I get for swiping my amex on a WL's arse?

Longan
13-08-2017, 09:17 AM
How many points do you get for referring sign ups?

Also, you only get the bonus points when you apply, not every year. You also need to reach a minimum spend in the first 3 months to get the points and only if you havent held AMEX issued cards in the past 2 years.

$400 travel credit usually sells for approximately $330 on other websites.
Yes, you are correct:

You get the 100k points after spending $1500 within 3 months (which I'm assuming most people would regardless of whether or not they had the card, but worth pointing out)
You only get the 100k points once and not every year. However, what you can do is cancel the card after using your 100k points. Wait 18 months (the time necessary for the deal to be eligible again), then re-apply. That way, you get the 100k points approximately every 18 months.
After signing up, you can refer your friends, family, punting buddies and favourite WL's.... They get the 100k points + $400 travel credit (worth $750 + $330 cash) and you get 30k points for referring.

When my friend told me about it, I thought it was too good to be true and that there must be a catch. But really there isn't, it's just an excellent deal.

wachumba
13-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Continually applying for credit cards affects your credit rating and that offerbfor 100K bonus is not always available.

I think you are only saying it's a good deal so people click your referral and give you 30K bonus points for signing them up

Longan
13-08-2017, 10:21 AM
I think you are only saying it's a good deal so people click your referral and give you 30K bonus points for signing them up
I personally thought it was a great deal, which is why I signed up in the first place. I based my decision on the facts of the deal and whether it was suitable for me. Whether or not it is a good deal for anyone else obviously depends on how they perceive the facts and their own personal circumstances.

I'm just sharing this deal to help fellow punters score free Ginza punts the same way I did when I got referred, and maybe even score a N5M punt for myself if I get lucky haha

Strayer Mate
14-08-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm noticing more and more with vendors now there's a hefty surcharge or fee for buyers using Amex .... often when Mastercard and Visa are free of fee ... or if there's a fee for Visa/MC, then the Amex is actually higher percentage rate ...
I concede though that AMex may work for you with the 'fringe' benefits ...

firefox0303
14-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm noticing more and more with vendors now there's a hefty surcharge or fee for buyers using Amex .... often when Mastercard and Visa are free of fee ... or if there's a fee for Visa/MC, then the Amex is actually higher percentage rate ...
I concede though that AMex may work for you with the 'fringe' benefits ...

What I am doing now is using my amex at places like coles/woolies/7 eleven to buy gift card to buy stuff from JB hi fi/other that charge fee for amex uses.