PDA

View Full Version : Poll Who's voting yes?

Tall Focker
09-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Fellas, out of interest I wanted to know who here is voting yes or no in the poll ?Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry? I say yes, let them b happy

Coastal Punter
09-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Me. In my personal opinion, why the fuck not. Turnbull spouted all this feelgood 21st century stuff and he's a fkn disappointment. Also, what a fkn waste of $122mil. If Parliament wont pass it, add it to the next general election.

Trapper
09-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Not until i see some bloody legislation before me guaranteeing religious freedoms

God Member
09-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Hey cunninglinguist! You are the forum's archival researching genuis! There was an extensive thread a while back about this issue and it was a rather funny and droll thread. I can't remember what it was called so I can't link to it here. I'm not very good with IT, and possible keyword searches aren't working. The search engine on this site isn't very sophisticated, but you overcome this somehow. Could you be so kind as to find this thread? Thank you :D :D

Gonglad
09-09-2017, 01:55 PM
It's a yes from me

God Member
09-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Don't forget the argument against it on aesthetic grounds alone. Weddings are kitsch enough affairs as it is, but the idea of two blokes noshing each other off in church takes it to a whole new level! :shout: :D

rooter
09-09-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm all that fussed about this trivial issue.
The Right go on like it's about the end of civilisation and the Left go on like it's humankind's biggest step forward since democracy or the abolition of slavery.
It's a shame Turnbull was too gutless to just introduce the legislation and this third tier issue would have been long settled by now.
Instead we have this $120 million glorified opinion poll which has no legal standing at all; it's not a referendum, it's not an election, it's nothing.
The parliament will still have to pass legislation recognising same sex marriage anyway.
There have already been countless opinion polls which show the majority of Australians are in favour of same sex marriage.
Polling and statistical methods are so accurate these days that a properly constructed opinion poll is accurate to with 1-3%.
So this extra opinion poll is a waste of time money and resources.
Anyway since we have to have this vote then of course i will vote Yes.
If gays and lesbians want to get married then sure, go for it, why not.
Then once we get this trivial issue out of the way then maybe we can start focusing on the important, if somewhat boring stuff, like employment, education, health, the environment, national security, energy, climate, housing affordability, science and technology, urban development, AI, infrastructure etc

kingwally
09-09-2017, 05:34 PM
The Right go on like it's about the end of civilisation and the Left go on like it's humankind's biggest step forward since democracy or the abolition of slavery.
It's a shame Turnbull was too gutless to just introduce the legislation and this third tier issue would have been long settled by now.
Instead we have this $120 million glorified opinion poll which has no legal standing at all; it's not a referendum, it's not an election, it's nothing.
The parliament will still have to pass legislation recognising same sex marriage anyway.
There have already been countless opinion polls which show the majority of Australians are in favour of same sex marriage.
Polling and statistical methods are so accurate these days that a properly constructed opinion poll is accurate to with 1-3%.
Then once we get this trivial issue out of the way then maybe we can start focusing on the important, if somewhat boring stuff, like employment, education, health, the environment, national security, energy, climate, housing affordability, science and technology, urban development, AI, infrastructure etc

Funny thing these opinion polls...I have never been asked my opinion nor has anyone in my family nor has any of my friends nor has anyone that I work with...and I work in a big organization. So how do I get my opinion heard?

kingwally
09-09-2017, 05:45 PM
There is no reason NOT to vote YES unless you're a bigoted twat.

Bullshit...you will not find too many Muslim people voting yes. I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

I am voting NO and you can call me a bigot if you wish, and I am also sick of the YES community calling anyone who disagrees with them a hater/ bigot/ or whatever. Free speech is still allowed in Australia.

cleetusvandamme
09-09-2017, 06:09 PM
I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

I am voting NO and you can call me a bigot if you wish, and I am also sick of the YES community calling anyone who disagrees with them a hater/ bigot/ or whatever. Free speech is still allowed in Australia.

WTF? This has never happened to me and I've used public toilets all over the place due to often working outside.
You definitely sound like a bigot. Not because you disagree with me but because of your homophobia.

kingwally
09-09-2017, 06:19 PM
WTF? This has never happened to me and I've used public toilets all over the place due to often working outside.
You definitely sound like a bigot. Not because you disagree with me but because of your homophobia.

Good...I am happy to be called a bigot and homophobe if you like but I am entitled to my own opinion.

CunningLinguist
09-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Hey cunninglinguist! You are the forum's archival researching genuis! There was an extensive thread a while back about this issue and it was a rather funny and droll thread. I can't remember what it was called so I can't link to it here. I'm not very good with IT, and possible keyword searches aren't working. The search engine on this site isn't very sophisticated, but you overcome this somehow. Could you be so kind as to find this thread? Thank you :D :D

http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?50735-The-real-issue-behind-gay-marriage-that-no-one-is-mentioning

kingwally
09-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Ha ha ha! Show me a devout religious person and I'll show you a bigot. Voting NO does not mean you're a BIGOT except for your view that same sex couples are not worthy of the same rights as heterosexual couples. Which makes you a bigot.

I'm not gay and am against marriage so it means toss all to me. Equal rights means everything to me.

Call me a BIGOT mate...I couldn't care less!!

Coastal Punter
09-09-2017, 08:06 PM

Hear hear. Well put old chap.

Coastal Punter
09-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Bullshit...you will not find too many Muslim people voting yes. I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

In my early 50s and used to hear about that sort of behavior. I certainly dont push it either way. The physical side of it...i just dont fkn get it but some folks wired that way. The only thing i hate is the sway the far right have.

cleetusvandamme
09-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

You sound a bit paranoid, "sneaky looks"? Is it because you can't supress your desires for Wally Lewis?
You raise a good point about free speech though, it is still legal to call someone a bigot.

CunningLinguist
09-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Damme, that was good!

Trapper
09-09-2017, 09:59 PM
Maybe you need to go check out canada and see where legalizing it has led them to end up

Trapper
09-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Ha ha ha! Show me a devout religious person and I'll show you a bigot. Voting NO does not mean you're a BIGOT except for your view that same sex couples are not worthy of the same rights as heterosexual couples. Which makes you a bigot.

I'm not gay and am against marriage so it means toss all to me. Equal rights means everything to me.

well then you should know that there is already equal rights, there is no discrimination between the various couples in this country, a homosexual couple has the same protections and privileges as a hetro one

tarl1975
09-09-2017, 10:09 PM
I was going to vote yes but changed my mind after all those aggressive "yes" people did all these stupid stunts against all those people who campaigned for No votes

cleetusvandamme
09-09-2017, 10:29 PM
well then you should know that there is already equal rights, there is no discrimination between the various couples in this country, a homosexual couple has the same protections and privileges as a hetro one

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/publications/same-sex-same-entitlements-executive-summary

SouthernPunter
10-09-2017, 07:50 AM
vote yes. its rhe only vote

kingwally
10-09-2017, 07:55 AM
I was going to vote yes but changed my mind after all those aggressive "yes" people did all these stupid stunts against all those people who campaigned for No votes
Plenty of people are thinking the same way now.

kingwally
10-09-2017, 08:01 AM
You sound a bit paranoid, "sneaky looks"? Is it because you can't supress your desires for Wally Lewis?
You raise a good point about free speech though, it is still legal to call someone a bigot.

Your comments are ridiculous about Wally Lewis, although I did go to the same school as him and I am a Queenslander living in Sydney. As for "sneaky looks"... I should have put that more bluntly about what really happened in those days....straight guys were getting raped by groups of homosexuals in public toilets regularly.

croney
10-09-2017, 08:37 AM
No
Never
Ok Don't call it marriage. Call it something else fine. Bonding ?

God Member
10-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Maybe you need to go check out canada and see where legalizing it has led them to end up

I'm curious. What has happened in Canada?

wanwan88
10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
There is no reason NOT to vote YES unless you're a bigoted twat.

Agreed, but then again everyone has their personal opinions.

Tall Focker
10-09-2017, 01:56 PM
I reckon a lot of people don't want to admit they're voting no. It's gonna be like how Trump won

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Your comments are ridiculous about Wally Lewis, although I did go to the same school as him and I am a Queenslander living in Sydney. As for "sneaky looks"... I should have put that more bluntly about what really happened in those days....straight guys were getting raped by groups of homosexuals in public toilets regularly.

Your sounding pretty defensive about Wally.

So you actually meant to say "Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get gang raped"?

kingwally
10-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Your sounding pretty defensive about Wally.

So you actually meant to say "Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get gang raped"?

First sentence...ridiculous.

Second sentence...it was pretty much like that in the old days before when homosexuality was illegal...why do you think that your parents always would walk you into public toilets when you were young...they did it to see that you were safe from predators (homosexual males).

Ted Hunter
10-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Parents walked their kids into public toilets just in case a Catholic priest was in there

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 05:28 PM
First sentence...ridiculous.

Second sentence...it was pretty much like that in the old days before when homosexuality was illegal...why do you think that your parents always would walk you into public toilets when you were young...they did it to see that you were safe from predators (homosexual males).

True, I spelt "you're" wrong.

Well I doubt your recollection of the good ol' days, but you were actually saying that you guarantee this will happen now if you go to a public toilet. How many times have you been raped?
At least gays are less likely to be bashed and killed, including by the police now. You remember why the Mardi Gras started right?

Ted Hunter
10-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Gay men are not paedophiles....paedophiles are paedophiles

kingwally
10-09-2017, 05:43 PM
True, I spelt "you're" wrong.

Well I doubt your recollection of the good ol' days, but you were actually saying that you guarantee this will happen now if you go to a public toilet. How many times have you been raped?
At least gays are less likely to be bashed and killed, including by the police now. You remember why the Mardi Gras started right?Ask your father or grandfather.

kingwally
10-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Gay men are not paedophiles....paedophiles are paedophiles

Who commit homosexual acts on young guys.

CunningLinguist
10-09-2017, 05:56 PM
straight guys were getting raped by groups of homosexuals in public toilets regularly.

Sorry but I'm gonna call bullshit on this.
I remember some derelict gays hanging around Town Hall dunnies many years ago, but nuthin happened to normal guys, the gays would hook up with each other by making hand signals under the cubicles or somethin.

I would say there is much more chance of a group of straight guys raping a straight girl, not sure what follows on from this in terms of marriage law ...

kingwally
10-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Sorry but I'm gonna call bullshit on this.
I remember some derelict gays hanging around Town Hall dunnies many years ago, but nuthin happened to normal guys, the gays would hook up with each other by making hand signals under the cubicles or somethin.

I would say there is much more chance of a group of straight guys raping a straight girl, not sure what follows on from this in terms of marriage law ...Since the toilets now have been enclosed within the station, this activity has dropped off somewhat. However you may remember that Judge Yeldham was a predator in there. Also you may remember the antics of George Michael in public toilets, and of course Alan Jones....they were not hanging in the toilets to test the quality of the shit rolls.

BongKong
10-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Since the toilets now have been enclosed within the station, this activity has dropped off somewhat. However you may remember that Judge Yeldham was a predator in there. Also you may remember the antics of George Michael in public toilets, and of course Alan Jones....they were not hanging in the toilets to test the quality of the shit rolls.

I think cleetus is way too much of a leftie however even i gotta agree with him that your clutching at straws in regards to gay dudes raping straight guys in public toilets. Sure it might have happened occasionally however i doubt very very much if it was a regular thing. Sure they may have hung out in toilets too meet up but that would be on a consensual basis between themselves.

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Since the toilets now have been enclosed within the station, this activity has dropped off somewhat. However you may remember that Judge Yeldham was a predator in there. Also you may remember the antics of George Michael in public toilets, and of course Alan Jones....they were not hanging in the toilets to test the quality of the shit rolls.

None of those guys raped anyone. Judge Yeldham confessed to paying for sex in toilets. And yeah not sure what any of this has to do with same sex marriage? Do you have any rational arguments?

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 06:26 PM
I think cleetus is way too much of a leftie

Fuck off you little prick. Dont just talk!! what the fuck you're talking about?? I bet you just fuckin talk tough in forum. Dont let me see your fuckin face in real life. I will fuckin smash your face.

Ted Hunter
10-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Still cant see the difference can you...? Gay men want Gay men....not boys.....paedophiles are after children....paedophile does not equate to being Gay....Gay does not equate to being a paedophile.The two are mutually exclusive

kingwally
10-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Fuck off you little prick. Dont just talk!! what the fuck you're talking about?? I bet you just fuckin talk tough in forum. Dont let me see your fuckin face in real life. I will fuckin smash your face.

Jesus..Cleetus...you are any angry little fellow aren't you? Threats of violence toward other forumers normally result in getting banned.

kingwally
10-09-2017, 06:31 PM
None of those guys raped anyone. Judge Yeldham confessed to paying for sex in toilets. And yeah not sure what any of this has to do with same sex marriage? Do you have any rational arguments?
I won't stoop to the level of violence that you have....that is pretty rational.

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Jesus..Cleetus...you are any angry little fellow aren't you? Threats of violence toward other forumers normally result in getting banned.

He messed up with wrong person bro!

http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?69627-Pros-and-Cons&p=1178077#post1178077

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 06:40 PM
I won't stoop to the level of violence that you have....that is pretty rational.

So you have no rational argument, just your homophobic instincts caused by your suppressed love of Wally's willy.

kingwally
10-09-2017, 06:50 PM
So you have no rational argument, just your homophobic instincts caused by your suppressed love of Wally's willy.
Well that statement is real rational isn't it???? I have admitted to being a homophobe and I am proud of it...I used to work with many in my previous job and the overwhelming majority of them were very very sneaky devious cunts of things (one or two were/are very decent humans), and when they were on the prowl...the younger the better for them. I have no problem being called a homophobe and I think the cunts do not deserve to have the right to marriage.

cassius
10-09-2017, 06:52 PM
obviously being gay is not being a pedophile. vote yes and poke the wowsers in the eye! The wowsers are our mutual enemy.

CunningLinguist
10-09-2017, 06:58 PM
I knew this thread wasn't gonna end well ...

BongKong
10-09-2017, 07:03 PM

Haha its hardly tough talk calling someone a leftie. And i don't know what else you'd expect me to do on a forum other than talk?

Although the reference to my mate Inmydream has me confused - either a funny joke or wtf????

kingwally
10-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Still cant see the difference can you...? Gay men want Gay men....not boys.....paedophiles are after children....paedophile does not equate to being Gay....Gay does not equate to being a paedophile.The two are mutually exclusive

That is what gay guys want you to believe. eg Ben McCormack Channel 9.

ILAW74
10-09-2017, 08:42 PM
I am. But don't understand why it isn't already law.

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Haha its hardly tough talk calling someone a leftie. And i don't know what else you'd expect me to do on a forum other than talk?

Although the reference to my mate Inmydream has me confused - either a funny joke or wtf????

Yes just a joke 🙄 Copying inmydream's boss style.

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Well that statement is real rational isn't it???? I have admitted to being a homophobe and I am proud of it...I used to work with many in my previous job and the overwhelming majority of them were very very sneaky devious cunts of things (one or two were/are very decent humans), and when they were on the prowl...the younger the better for them. I have no problem being called a homophobe and I think the cunts do not deserve to have the right to marriage.

Well I dunno why you complain about being called a bigot then. I would've thought even gay cunts deserved the right to marry though since heterosexual cunts can.

kingwally
10-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Well I dunno why you complain about being called a bigot then. I would've thought even gay cunts deserved the right to marry though since heterosexual cunts can.

I don't give a fuck what people call me...I am entitled to my opinion and won't be bullied into voting YES. People ARE allowed to have differing opinions!

CunningLinguist
10-09-2017, 09:57 PM
I don't give a fuck what people call me...I am entitled to my opinion and won't be bullied into voting YES. People ARE allowed to have differing opinions!

I don't think peopes are trying to bully you to vote yes.
But I think they are worried you are streeetching the truth for the no vote ...

kingwally
10-09-2017, 10:02 PM
I don't think peopes are trying to bully you to vote yes.
But I think they are worried you are streeetching the truth for the no vote ...No problems...I really don't care what others think.

BongKong
10-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Yes just a joke 🙄 Copying inmydream's boss style.

Lol very random but funny

cleetusvandamme
10-09-2017, 10:54 PM

I thought it started from you crying about this: "I am also sick of the YES community calling anyone who disagrees with them a hater/ bigot/ or whatever." But then immediately defending your free speech without realising it goes both ways.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mPytjcsG3XS4o/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcgVQDcD48CDTmE/giphy.gif

Christmas
11-09-2017, 12:24 AM
this thread is political,, woop woop I'm gonna read it all tomorrow when i'm at work

suka02
11-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Let's think about the long term in Life! Dick with Dick? make me sick! No Offense. How will you have a baby in the future? think about the Health? HIV? WTF, how will kids look at you these days? having to think WTF is the mom or dad? do you want to wear a cross dresser? hahaha i'll be laughing. Really??! it ain't Normal! so you want to be it that way! No one is stopping you, but don't make it legalise in paper. You ain't normal. Wake up!

Tall Focker
11-09-2017, 05:22 AM

Dude I think you're off your rocker. Maybe it used to happen in the olden days but now people use dunnies cause they got to take a piss. I go to cityrail all the time don't see any weird shit but then I'm just in there for a minute

Tall Focker
11-09-2017, 05:25 AM

BongKongs a little smart arse. I'm lovin the fights on this site hehe

CunningLinguist
11-09-2017, 09:13 AM
BongKongs a little smart arse. I'm lovin the fights on this site hehe

Contrast that with this:

I second that. It looks like this is a never ending cycle and will continue until the day they die. Imagine if they put all that time into doing something constructive. wasting their lives away and giving the rest of us a headache

He is starting to sound like the troll.

shootermcgavin
11-09-2017, 09:17 AM

Best copy/pasta in the history of this site.

Bunningsnag
11-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Voting yes but the no crowd has the right to vote no without being called homophobic or bigots.