PDA

View Full Version : General talk relationships

Chinaman
15-09-2017, 12:03 AM
hi everyone

i have been watching tedtalks lately and been trying learn more about myself. but one of my biggest struggle is relationships. my biggest fear is not being able to develop deeper relationship. other thing like learning english or getting healthy even though im not very good as long as i work hard i see progress and overcome difficulties. but relationship much harder.

i started thinking about where i get idea of relationship from. growing up i didnt come from best upbringing. my parents always argue with each other and angry at me all the time. sometime i feel maybe they better divorced but no one wants to start over again so still live together. i didnt have many friends at school because maybe everyone think i different. so for long part of my life i had no idea what a good relationship is.

and then i came to australia to start new life. to be honest its been very hard. but i will keep trying to improve. because no point blaming other people or situation i have to take responsibility. i am so grateful to be living in such great city have very understanding flatmate and have you guys give advice.

anyway today is RUOK day and i just want to say if anyone is feeling depressed or facing difficulty, it is ok !!! :) im not good at anything right now but as long as i dont give up it is all ok and it will be ok for you too !!!

BongKong
15-09-2017, 12:09 AM
hi everyone

i have been watching tedtalks lately and been trying learn more about myself. but one of my biggest struggle is relationships. my biggest fear is not being able to develop deeper relationship. other thing like learning english or getting healthy even though im not very good as long as i work hard i see progress and overcome difficulties. but relationship much harder.

i started thinking about where i get idea of relationship from. growing up i didnt come from best upbringing. my parents always argue with each other and angry at me all the time. sometime i feel maybe they better divorced but no one wants to start over again so still live together. i didnt have many friends at school because maybe everyone think i different. so for long part of my life i had no idea what a good relationship is.

and then i came to australia to start new life. to be honest its been very hard. but i will keep trying to improve. because no point blaming other people or situation i have to take responsibility. i am so grateful to be living in such great city have very understanding flatmate and have you guys give advice.

anyway today is RUOK day and i just want to say if anyone is feeling depressed or facing difficulty, it is ok !!! :) im not good at anything right now but as long as i dont give up it is all ok and it will be ok for you too !!!

Which ones you been watching?

Just relationship ones or various?

Chinaman
15-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Which ones you been watching?

Just relationship ones or various?
various ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo_lZiytsMw

Pussyhands
15-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Hmmmmmm

I don't think a lot of people would say relations is easy.

I once yearned for relationships with naivety as I though it would make my life better in someway... it was purely sex based
So naturally if sex didn't happen - it's time for me to bounce.

Thats not the best motivation.

I would say try and get to the main reason behind why u want a relationship and start there.

Do u just want fast food intimacy? Those hookup apps / WLs will do

Do u want companionship and friendship? Do activities and find common interest

I think it's worth time digging deep to find the core reasons on why you want a relationship so u can walk an easier path.

Best not to fear social conditioning - that was my mistake, I thought the only correct way to get many sexual partners was to pretend to love them. So it fails because I am always rushing.

Hence why WLs are a god send to me ;)!

SavageXXX
15-09-2017, 03:35 PM
go find a good relationship outside such as your workplace but not in the darkside of this world

Pussyhands
15-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Don't not do relationships where u make a living or any vicinity - u have been warned hahahahaha

ILAW74
15-09-2017, 06:35 PM
If I don't see and talk to people everyday whether skyping or in person, the relationship of any kind tends to dwindle, I can't keep up more than one or two of these every-day relationships at a time. It's hard. Family I don't see too often, if it was a close relationship before, that can sometimes be enough to not have it dwindle to aquiantance-level relationship, but it still dwindles, And i find it incredibly hard to keep anything going, that is, ringing or talking to friends or family often if I'm not already seeing them on a daily anyway.
Being sociable is hard and awkward much of the time. Interactions can be painful at times. But I think I'm getting better slowly.

inmydream
16-09-2017, 01:01 AM
hi everyone

Nobody is perfect chinaman. I've had a few relationships and I can tell you it's not easy. Maybe there's no such thing as a perfect relationship. People always have ups and downs but you may not see it from outside. Some people cope it and stay together whilst others decide to go their separate ways. A girl I used to date gave me a book once called men from mars and women from venus. Maybe you should read that lol.

Tall Focker
16-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Don't watch ted talks for info. They are new, untested ideas