PDA

View Full Version : General talk How will children be taught if the same sex marriage bill is passed?

doctorspock
19-09-2017, 05:09 PM
1. Sex education, many ways you can have sex, typical examples are virgina sex and also up the anus with EITHER the same sex or opposite. Kids will be confused?
2. If you are a male, you can wear skirts to school.
3. No longer boys or girls toilet distinction.

Shoryureppa
19-09-2017, 05:12 PM
I think the real question is... Who gives a fuck? I doubt kids will be confused.

inmydream
19-09-2017, 05:14 PM
1. Sex education, many ways you can have sex, typical examples are virgina sex and also up the anus with EITHER the same sex or opposite. Kids will be confused?

There is a good article from Canada regarding this. The law was passed in 2005 and some of the kids have grown up now. I just cant find it but you can try google it. Anyway it is a sensitive topic and to many no voters get attacked from saying their opinions.

Maybe there will be another referendum from kids from same sex marriage in 30 years time.

It is a complicated matter.

harrycd
19-09-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't consider myself a bigot but......

I'm totally against gender reassignment being allowed for children.
Regarding sex ed I don't care what you teach kids, it's like the p plater changes, I have my licence so don't give a fuck they made it 3 years lol

Starved
19-09-2017, 06:55 PM

I think it would be less confusing for the gay kids and straight kids know their straight .
It's not anyone else's business who loves who and who they fuck.
The Scotts wear skirts (Big Deal)
Some countries do share toilets you still have your own cubicle.
If it dosnt get passed this time we're just going to keep hearing about it and have to spend another $120 million on another vote .
I also quite like ass it just has to be a girls!

rooter
19-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I found algebra difficult and confusing.
And calculus, fuck, that was a killer.

shootermcgavin
19-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Voting yes. I have zero interest in who wants to fuck who unless it clashes with my booking.

jediknight4ever
19-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Voting No as it paves the way for them to adopt kids.

Miyamoto
19-09-2017, 10:58 PM

1. They don't teach how to actually have sex in sex ed, just about the risks associated with sex, types of contraception, how to use a condom, ethics/consent.

2. Not as a result of allowing marriage equality.

3. Simply wrong

shootermcgavin
20-09-2017, 12:06 AM

Whats wrong with that? Better the kid have two parents that actually want them than having to go through the system.

BongKong
20-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Whats wrong with that? Better the kid have two parents that actually want them than having to go through the system.

I believe in balance in life and ultimately that a child would always be better raised by their mother and father.

However in reality that isnt gonna work so Shooter has a pretty valid point i think. Better to be raised by two loving people regardless of their sex than left to fend for yourself.

PuntMeat
20-09-2017, 02:25 AM
It's actually proven time and time again that being raised by anyone that loves a kid (even one parent) is better than raised by someone who doesn't. It's why the argument 'we stayed together for the children' is silly, coz kids can always tell and it messes them up. In fact until the age of I think, 4, it doesn't matter if kids are raised entirely by the nanny.

Tall Focker
20-09-2017, 06:12 AM
I have to say My dad was a fucking bastard who fucked me royal for life. I spent my teenage years wanting to bash him With various weapons. If anyone says getting raised by a dad and mum is somehow better than by two same sex parents they don't know shit. As for sex Ed, we don't live in the Christian world anymore so why do we need to hang on to those ideas? A lot of people are transsexuals and their lives are fucked cause people don't accept them so they don't accept themselves. Australia is a secular society so let's stop acting like we're in church. We as punters should be the first to understand this as in the olden days no one respected prostitutes or even johns / punters but we have moved on. If you don't agree with homosexuality for religious reasons etc then that's Ok it's your right aswell

shootermcgavin
20-09-2017, 08:14 AM
I have to say My dad was a fucking bastard who fucked me royal for life. I spent my teenage years wanting to bash him With various weapons. If anyone says getting raised by a dad and mum is somehow better than by two same sex parents they don't know shit. As for sex Ed, we don't live in the Christian world anymore so why do we need to hang on to those ideas? A lot of people are transsexuals and their lives are fucked cause people don't accept them so they don't accept themselves. Australia is a secular society so let's stop acting like we're in church. We as punters should be the first to understand this as in the olden days no one respected prostitutes or even johns / punters but we have moved on. If you don't agree with homosexuality for religious reasons etc then that's Ok it's your right aswell

Agreed. Non drivel post. Also, first part got me in the feels as I know these feels.

Better to be raised by two loving people regardless of their sex than left to fend for yourself.

Better to have two batteries where only the positive end works than no batteries.

Sorry, I was thinking about being a kid, then I started thinking about the old Gameboy.

doctorspock
20-09-2017, 10:29 AM
It will cost us $525 million Govt on this issue. They could have put this money in better use on welfare, hospitals etc.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/gay-marriage-plebiscite-estimated-to-cost-australia-525-million-pwc/news-story/41d3d6b5b19c0c6a6f4e4666b49c8efe

James_jones
20-09-2017, 04:34 PM
In fact until the age of I think, 4, it doesn't matter if kids are raised entirely by the nanny.

Personality is mostly formed and set by the age of five or six. So yes it is ok if you entrust this aspect of your children to the nanny or the state (two working parents with 5 days of childcare a week).

God Member
20-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Everyone keeps mentioning Canada whch has had same sex marriage for ten years, so i looked up some information about what has happened there. It seems to be a lot less about 'love' and more about using the new laws to beat people up. Damn, though, I wish it was just about the rights of a tiny minority, because I'm a reasonable guy, but state oppression of mild thoughts gives me the shits.

"In Canada, it is considered discriminatory to say that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Anyone who is offended by something you have said or written can make a complaint to the Human Rights Commissions and Tribunals. In Canada, these organizations police speech, penalizing citizens for any expression deemed in opposition to particular sexual behaviors or protected groups identified under “sexual orientation.” It takes only one complaint against a person to be brought before the tribunal, costing the defendant tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees. The commissions have the power to enter private residences and remove all items pertinent to their investigations, checking for their definition of hate speech.

The plaintiff making the complaint has his legal fees completely paid for by the government. Not so for the defendant. Even if the defendant is found innocent, he cannot recover his legal costs. If he is found guilty, he must pay fines to the person(s) who brought forth the complaint."

13sunset
20-09-2017, 07:00 PM
The issue is equality for adults of the same gender to have marriage rights the same as those of the opposite gender. We are a nation where equality is a an important ideal. Why should this issue be different? I am a retired secondary school teacher who taught sex education. All types of sexual inclination where acknowledged and respected. No one should have to live feeling that their sexual inclination is a problem. We taught the mechanics of opposite gender sex as it was part of the process of human reproduction. Same gender sex was acknowledged but explanation of the mechanics of same gender sex was not generally initiated by teachers in my experience. If the issue was raised by students - yes provide an honest answer. However, I could see this approach changing to being actually included in the curriculum. Most kids have a good idea of what happens anyway, and if not, better to have it clarified in class than find out incorrect information from other sources. Also, from my experience most kids are remarkably accepting of individual differences. Those who aren't would often find out through class discussion that they are in the minority.
I cant see how toilet allocation is part of this issue. This about same sex marriage, not transgender issues.

ILAW74
20-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Personality is mostly formed and set by the age of five or six. So yes it is ok if you entrust this aspect of your children to the nanny or the state (two working parents with 5 days of childcare a week).

Personality can and will change based on environmental, societal, personal, and many other circumstances. It's unlikely to happen overnight, it's a long term gradual change. Some changes for the better require deep introspection and conscious effort to change bad personality traits. But they're not set in stone.

James_jones
20-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Personality can and will change based on environmental, societal, personal, and many other circumstances.

Yes I agree and nowhere did I say otherwise. In fact my entire point was enviroment/societal from nanny or state vs natural parents. What personality traits are you referring to?

shootermcgavin
20-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Just asking, but do any of the punters talking about development and personality in young children actually have kids? Srs.

lockhart
20-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Those paedophile-priests/clergies didn't adopt kids!.

doctorspock
22-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Maybe the yes/no should be put before the United Nations, since everyone is claiming human rights etc and Australia adopts UN resolutions?

razza__88
22-09-2017, 11:17 PM
im on the fence. i don't mind if i live in a country with gay marriage or not, vote went straight in the bin. however i was very close to say no purely on the bases that 1 of my friends on fb started deleting people based on there "no" view point & as harrycd mentioned gender reassignment really is a deserves to a child. id say children with gay patient would have a higher probability of been diagnosed with gender dysphoria. if gay marriage is passed it would be easier to adopt and id expect an increase in gender dysphoria which would lead to a lot of boys with boobs and there dick chopped off and more flat chested girls with a sock in the pants.

and really iv watch enough anime to know no 1 likes a flat chested girl

Miyamoto
22-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Gay couples can already adopt, or get ivf, or become parents through surrogacy. There is no correlation between gay couples and gay or transgender children.

BongKong
23-09-2017, 02:44 AM
Gay couples can already adopt, or get ivf, or become parents through surrogacy. There is no correlation between gay couples and gay or transgender children.

Im not saying there is or isnt but i think it is far to early for any tests of significance to prove the above statement.

Tall Focker
23-09-2017, 05:52 AM
Need a child psychologist to weigh in

doctorspock
23-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Straight kids can say they are gay and use girls toilets? Free perfs.

Kids raised by gay couples are psychologically affected and becomes "double adapters" as the see from their gay parents it's normal to be bump jacked whilst in their natural instinct they like the opposite sex.

James_jones
23-09-2017, 11:38 AM
"double adapters"

https://i.imgur.com/t57hyaw.jpg

razza__88
23-09-2017, 01:24 PM
same sex adoption does exist but its a lot easier and less time consuming to prove you are married then in a de facto relationship. its not fun.

i think a lot of gays but more so lesbians adopt feminism and all that gender fluid stuff that goes with it. if your telling your child that genre isn't black and white and its a spectrum, how confusing would that be. i used to play dress up in alll my sisters costume dresses as a child if i had gay parents that have a feminist view they would likely suspect i was transgender.

God Member
24-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Ha ha! I saw this marriage equality mural in Redfern the other night.

This is true marriage equalty - they are identical! :shout:

How about the blushing bride's awkwardly coy smile, hairy chest and floral bouquet of Australian natives. :shout:

Abbott - he's a card...:shout:

https://s26.postimg.org/54ofwwsp5/Marriage-equality-mural-redfern.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8oadmpvet/)

rooter
24-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Whatever way the vote goes, when you wake up on 15th November 2017 life will be just the same it was on November 14 2017.
It wont be the end of the world and it wont be the start of a brand new wonderful lollipops and rainbows wonderful utopia.
You will still be eating, and drinking, and shitting, and pissing, and fucking, and paying bills, and working, and struggling with your rent or mortgage payments, and watching the footy ... and megalomaniacs will still be bringing us closer to annihilation, and do-gooders will still be doing good deeds, and the planet will still be warming up, and Bali will be full of tourists having a great time, and the Pope will give his weekly sermon in St Peters, people will still be watching Game of Thrones, and yeah ... life goes on ...
The only thing different will be that the two pillow biting waxed fags next door will now be married ... and the two carpet eating hairy lezos living across the road will now be married.
It will have zero impact on your life.
Relax.
It's all good.
Enjoy!

curious36
24-09-2017, 06:32 PM
I believe it should be yes.
I do not know what all the fuss is about.
We are no longer living in the dark ages.

God Member
24-09-2017, 07:44 PM

Except that in Canada they have come done hard on freedom of conscience. And the offenders have to pay the conviction fines, not to the court, but to the complainee! There is an army of people in Canada scouring the internet and press 27 / 7 / 365 with a financial incentive to be offended. If that happens in Australia, I feel there would be a general air of oppression.

I haven't voted yet because I'm desperate for reassurance and information about the actual legislation. I want to be positive about it but why have they put the cart before the horse and spending a fortune to do so when we don't know what we are voting for? It's crazy and disappointing. Can't we just find a way to make everyone happy? Why is it geared so that anyone has to come out the poorer?

mrbluesky1
24-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Whatever way the vote goes, when you wake up on 15th November 2017 life will be just the same it was on November 14 2017.
It wont be the end of the world and it wont be the start of a brand new wonderful lollipops and rainbows wonderful utopia.
You will still be eating, and drinking, and shitting, and pissing, and fucking, and paying bills, and working, and struggling with your rent or mortgage payments, and watching the footy ... and megalomaniacs will still be bringing us closer to annihilation, and do-gooders will still be doing good deeds, and the planet will still be warming up, and Bali will be full of tourists having a great time, and the Pope will give his weekly sermon in St Peters, people will still be watching Game of Thrones, and yeah ... life goes on ...
The only thing different will be that the two pillow biting waxed fags next door will now be married ... and the two carpet eating hairy lezos living across the road will now be married.
Relax.
It's all good.
Enjoy!

too right champ. live and let live, legends. if it aint hurtin anyone else, what's the big farken deal?

CunningLinguist
25-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Who comes out the poorer? Any Canada references?

It's just his way of trying to scare people to vote no.
A bit strange considering he likes DD (he sure went to alot of trouble to be able to enjoy DD (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?2851-The-lengths-we-go-to-for-a-bit-of-dragon-drilling)) and gangbangs ... :)

puntercouple
25-09-2017, 09:10 AM
We will have to vote every year until a YES happens. If you vote NO, you are just delaying it for another year. The trend around the world is that slowly countries are adopting gay marriage and so far, there are no countries that take back their decision on gay marriage. We should vote for YES or get left behind, regardless of your personal opinion.

All that bullshit about kids and rape... Seriously?
If a gay rapist wants to rape a little boy, do you think he would think, "Ah, gay marriage is not allowed in this country so I guess I won't slide my cock in this boy's ass..."?
If a boy wants to put on a dress, do you think he would contemplate about the legality of marriage before putting them on?

Also, the transgender bullshit thats happening in Western countries is a self-solving problem. By being trans, you are effectively removing yourself from the gene pool. Same goes with third wave feminism.

God Member
25-09-2017, 10:52 AM
We will have to vote every year until a YES happens. If you vote NO, you are just delaying it for another year.

Yes, that is true. So I'm thinking that the best chance of getting some legislation that addresses the freedom of conscience issue is to have it drafted by the **** libs and the arsehole nats. :shout: They aren't so wimpy as labor and the greens. Which means we should vote yes. It's not a guarantee though because we are voting before we are given one. It is Hobson's choice. No-one wants injustice no matter on who it is imposed, on gays or through a later Stasi-like persecution of non-correct thinking.

God Member
25-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Que? I'm just wondering though if the same sex marriage debate has much to do with DD?

It's just an arsehole after all. And they are famously like opinions - everyone's got one. :shout:

BongKong
25-09-2017, 12:39 PM
It's just his way of trying to scare people to vote no.
A bit strange considering he likes DD (he sure went to alot of trouble to be able to enjoy DD (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?2851-The-lengths-we-go-to-for-a-bit-of-dragon-drilling)) and gangbangs ... :)

See God Member now this i find funny

BongKong
25-09-2017, 12:39 PM
On topic when do the vote results come out?

Is it Nov sometime?

God Member
25-09-2017, 12:56 PM
See God Member now this i find funny

You are too kind. :o I don't have time to read this myself, but maybe I will later.

YI88
25-09-2017, 01:22 PM
To answer the original poster's question, there is no logical reason that same-sex marriage requires a change to the school curriculum.

However bad things can happen, for example in Canada as has been pointed out above,

Also in the UK the LGBT lobby have had several unpleasant successes following the introduction of gay marriage.
See https://www.spectator.com.au/2017/09/whats-changed-in-britain-since-same-sex-marriage/ What’s changed in Britain since same-sex marriage? by David Sergeant.

The only argument for YES worth considering is that the current government are slightly more likely to pass supporting legislation that protects the liberties of the straight population rather than the next mob who are likely to bend over for the gay lobby and introduce Canadian or British "enhancements". (Thanks Godmember)

However, on balance, the safest thing is to vote NO.

BongKong
25-09-2017, 01:29 PM
You are too kind. :o I don't have time to read this myself, but maybe I will later.

I was referring to CLs answer.

But if it makes you happy to then bonus lol

James_jones
25-09-2017, 02:17 PM
We will have to vote every year until a YES happens. If you vote NO, you are just delaying it for another year.

It is a non-binding survey.

God Member
25-09-2017, 02:38 PM
I was referring to CLs answer.

Do you mean about "scaring people into voting no" ?

I'm not trying to do that. I just want to vote with all the facts known, its the only sane way.

God Member
25-09-2017, 03:39 PM
It must be in ze wat-er! :shout:

doctorspock
26-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Refer to "it" or "it's" because the next referendum will be humans and animals.(where do you draw the line) or male female female or mmf so called threesome marriages? Where are we heading guys?

CunningLinguist
26-09-2017, 08:51 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-26/same-sex-marriage-cognitive-ability-link-hilda-survey/8984744

God Member
26-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I once went down outside Dr Kerryn Phelps' beachside pad in Bundeena and disported myself in a series of athletic poses in an attempt to win her back over from the dark side.

It didn't work.

In fact, she set the hose on me. :shout:

shootermcgavin
26-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Refer to "it" or "it's" because the next referendum will be humans and animals.(where do you draw the line) or male female female or mmf so called threesome marriages? Where are we heading guys?

Not fussed. I think it was George Carlin who said we should all fuck til we're the same colour (sic).

Okay, maybe animals is a bit extreme.

puntercouple
26-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Marriage should be legal between two consenting adults.

You can't force people to marry you because that's not consensual.
You can't marry a child because a child is not an adult.
You can't marry a goat because a goat has no concept on marriage and therefore cannot consent to it.

But if a man want to marry another man, good! Less competition for me.

Miyamoto
26-09-2017, 07:45 PM

You draw the line at marriage being between two consenting adults, simple. If you are worried about a "slippery slope", than shouldn't you be against heterosexual marriage, that's right at the start of the slippery slope.

marg
26-09-2017, 10:50 PM
A revolution in teaching has being going on for years now.
Its really a form of social engineering.
As usual this originated in the USA where feminists and every other self proclaimed minority
group cried discrimination to coerce their opponents into capitulation.
Also Industrial Relations morphized into Human Resources and now every company has one.
The feminists were so successful that any male has zero chance of allegations of sexual
harassment.
Same tactic's are now used by same sex marriage groups against anybody who doesn't publicly
support their agenda. It has now spread to the corporate and sporting world.
This is only my opinion.
I voted yes.

BongKong
26-09-2017, 11:07 PM
A revolution in teaching has being going on for years now.
Its really a form of social engineering.
As usual this originated in the USA where feminists and every other self proclaimed minority
group cried discrimination to coerce their opponents into capitulation.
Also Industrial Relations morphized into Human Resources and now every company has one.
The feminists were so successful that any male has zero chance of allegations of sexual
harassment.
Same tactic's are now used by same sex marriage groups against anybody who doesn't publicly
support their agenda. It has now spread to the corporate and sporting world.
This is only my opinion.
I voted yes.

Is Marg your full name?

marg
26-09-2017, 11:11 PM
No its was nickname of a famous tennis player or football coach.
You can take your pick.

BongKong
26-09-2017, 11:26 PM
No its was nickname of a famous tennis player or football coach.
You can take your pick.

I dont know either.

And who says you cant force people to marry? That happens aroynd the world every day in arranged marriages.

Yogurt
26-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Voting is yes , in the next 20 years people more open minded

marg
26-09-2017, 11:30 PM
I dont know either.

And who says you cant force people to marry? That happens aroynd the world every day in arranged marriages.
Yes but in Aust its illegal.

BongKong
26-09-2017, 11:33 PM
Yes but in Aust its illegal.

Still happens here.

I've known three couples - one Indian, one FBI and one Lebanese who married here.

All are divorced. No surpises there.

I dunno why all the fuss. Marriage is overrated anyway

marg
26-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Now you have me asking questions ?
What is FBI i know its not the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

BongKong
26-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Now you have me asking questions ?
What is FBI i know its not the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Fijian Born Indian

Basically Indians who think they are cooler than Indian born Indians

marg
26-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Thanks i have only heard of ABC ( Aust born Chinese)
I meant to say arranged marriage is only illegal if under age.

BongKong
26-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Thanks i have only heard of ABC ( Aust born Chinese)
I meant to say arranged marriage is only illegal if under age.

So i take it you've never heard of SMBNZ's either?

puntercouple
27-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Still happens here.

I've known three couples - one Indian, one FBI and one Lebanese who married here.

All are divorced. No surpises there.

I dunno why all the fuss. Marriage is overrated anyway

If people stop doing things because its illegal, we wouldn't need police, lawyers and judges.
but just because people do it anyway, doesn't mean we should do without any laws.

doctorspock
27-09-2017, 10:27 AM
When I say human and animals, I've been satiric. In any event, everyone have the right to convey their opinions but some politicians are taking an advantage of this contentious issue to get votes. By the way, I haven't heard Pauline Hanson expressed her views yet? May she will say the right to same sex marriages will apply to Caucasian s ONLY.

puntercouple
27-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Lol she is so racist I wouldn't be surprised if she targets redheads next.

God Member
28-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Ha ha! I saw this marriage equality mural in Redfern the other night.

This is true marriage equalty - they are identical!

How about the blushing bride's awkwardly coy smile, hairy chest and bouquet of Australian natives. :shout:

Abbott - he's a card...:shout:

https://s26.postimg.org/54ofwwsp5/Marriage-equality-mural-redfern.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8oadmpvet/)

You can see Abbott and Abbott make the perfect pair, but he still doesn't want Macklemore to rap about same sex marriage at the Grand Final! :question:

rooter
28-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Poor Tony.
His sister is against him and now his daughter is against him too.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/you-cant-help-who-you-fall-in-love-with-frances-abbott-films-video-for-yes-campaign-20170925-gyop04.html

BTW did you see the 6 pack on Tony's daughter! Very impressive!
I wish I had abs like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4912038/Tony-Abbott-s-daughter-Frances-shows-body-bikini-comp.html

CunningLinguist
28-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Poor Tony.
His sister is against him and now his daughter is against him too.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/you-cant-help-who-you-fall-in-love-with-frances-abbott-films-video-for-yes-campaign-20170925-gyop04.html

BTW did you see the 6 pack on Tony's daughter! Very impressive!
I wish I had abs like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4912038/Tony-Abbott-s-daughter-Frances-shows-body-bikini-comp.html

You know the saying: Nice legs ...

BongKong
29-09-2017, 12:13 AM
You know the saying: Nice legs ...

Everyone pumped for Macklemore. This whole thing is getting out of control

God Member
29-09-2017, 01:20 PM
@macklemore
Follow
More
Yesterday someone started a petition in Australia to ban me from playing Same Love at the #NRLGF. Today its #1 on iTunes. Love is winning ❤️
3:01 PM - 28 Sep 2017

Ha ha! And so is Mackle-more.

Maybe it doesn't help that it is two out of Sydney teams playing, but I've heard hardly anything about the teams this week. Really weird for a grand final week. It has all been about Mackle-more and same sex marriage! I feel a bit sorry for NQ and Melbourne.

I must say it sets it up for a very interesting pre-game entertainment. There is going to be frisson. (Just helping Xmas's vocab along there.) Especially if, like me, you don't have much affiliation with either of the two teams.

rooter
29-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Everyone pumped for Macklemore. This whole thing is getting out of control

The redneck North Queenslanders are gonna love some guy they have never heard of singing about gay love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage ;)