PDA

View Full Version : General talk Long distance relationships??

Matie
22-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Can they work out or I'm just kidding myself....... I'm sort of uneducated, she is well educated... Then there's the over 10 year gap in age....... Just let it go right..... Idk.... Sort of sad about it....

Christmas
22-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Generally no
No matter you are worse or better than her
Don't be so sad
There are plenty of fishes

cassius
22-09-2017, 10:49 PM
It only works of people engage. It's the emotional distance that matters. But geography is an element that is likely to effect that.

BongKong
22-09-2017, 10:51 PM
It only works of people engage. It's the emotional distance that matters. But geography is an element that is likely to effect that.

Dr Phil watch out......what a deep thinker

GoldfishMan
24-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Can they work out or I'm just kidding myself....... I'm sort of uneducated, she is well educated... Then there's the over 10 year gap in age....... Just let it go right..... Idk.... Sort of sad about it....
What do you mean when you say "work out"? Get married? Continue indefinitely? What's your end game?
If you take it from an old coot like me, sure they can "work out", and get undone after that too. I was in a long distance relationship that lasted 3 years. During that time we both had different partners. I married her, then divorced her. It's not the end, Life goes on.
Christmas is right, there are way too many fish in the sea. But I guess if you're a young bloke it's hard to see it. You will learn in time with the right circumstances.
The other thing you need to work on is your confidence. If even you don't like yourself, who's gonna like you?

marg
25-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Life is too short to waste time on what if's and what could be turn into a case of unrequited love.
This can end up with one party , humiliated , bitter and broke.
Especially sucks if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere on a job commitment or tour of duty.
A guy who used to work in armed forces told me about a sailor who was engaged to a young Thai
lady and when she was away a young Thai man came to stay with her who she said was her cousin.
Anyway the sailor who was stuck on a navy ship asked his brother to see if she was going okay.
He went over and found her with her cousin in a uncompromising position.
Turns out it was really her husband.

Maxybro
25-09-2017, 01:14 AM
Life is too short to waste time on what if's and what could be turn into a case of unrequited love.
This can end up with one party , humiliated , bitter and broke.
Especially sucks if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere on a job commitment or tour of duty.
A guy who used to work in armed forces told me about a sailor who was engaged to a young Thai
lady and when she was away a young Thai man came to stay with her who she said was her cousin.
Anyway the sailor who was stuck on a navy ship asked his brother to see if she was going okay.
He went over and found her with her cousin in a uncompromising position.
Turns out it was really her husband.

Yep, Thais are notorious for fooling white guys into fake relationships but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of white guys falling for this.

marg
25-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Yep, Thais are notorious for fooling white guys into fake relationships but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of white guys falling for this.
Nothing against Thai's but how many times have you seen men in the street falling over Thai ladies.
I always think you have you head in the sand mate and it's like swimming against the tide .
I know of another guy who went to Chiang Mai and he lost everything because in Thailand farangs
are not allowed to own property and everything was in his wife name.
This is also notorious in Bali also were men have come back to Aust with the tail between their legs.

Maxybro
25-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Nothing against Thai's but how many times have you seen men in the street falling over Thai ladies.
I always think you have you head in the sand mate and it's like swimming against the tide .
I know of another guy who went to Chiang Mai and he lost everything because in Thailand farangs
are not allowed to own property and everything was in his wife name.
This is also notorious in Bali also were men have come back to Aust with the tail between their legs.
They prey on lonely, mostly older men. It's as if the men lose their brain and get blinded by the fake love.
I've only been to Thailand once (that was enough) and I found them to be quite xenophobic.

marg
25-09-2017, 01:48 AM
They prey on lonely, mostly older men. It's as if the men lose their brain and get blinded by the fake love.
I've only been to Thailand once (that was enough) and I found them to be quite xenophobic.
However the most stupid ones are the ones who fall for Nigerian Scams or ones that send money over to Thailand.
They are pen pals and they don't even get to touch !!

Bunningsnag
25-09-2017, 09:06 AM
I had a long distance relationship for over three years.
Well I called it a long distance relationship. She called it a restraining order.
"boom tish "

rooter
25-09-2017, 06:10 PM
..... NO .......
But just to put things in context, most things in life don't work out.
As John Lennon said "Life is what happens to you while busy making other plans"

jediknight4ever
25-09-2017, 06:31 PM
I was the unknowing lover to a supposed single mum who had a fiancée in France. That guy is like almost 50 but naive as fuck like me. So I think 6sixty9nine sums it up pretty well.

Oh I had a LDR years ago too and it didn't work.

curious36
25-09-2017, 07:44 PM
It works until you come together again.

Yogurt
26-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Its a hardship , long distance to hard