PDA

View Full Version : General talk Rugby League World Cup - boring

Brothelcreeper
17-11-2017, 09:18 PM
I am a Rugby League fan but I am finding the World Cup a waste of time. Australia are thrashing everyone and there appears to be no strong opposition at all. Very one sided.

Like putting Real Madrid and Barcelona up against the Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners and calling it a World Cup.

AHLUNGOR
17-11-2017, 10:35 PM
I am a Rugby League fan but I am finding the World Cup a waste of time. Australia are thrashing everyone and there appears to be no strong opposition at all. Very one sided.

Like putting Real Madrid and Barcelona up against the Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners and calling it a World Cup.

You obviously didn't watch the game when Tonga beats the Kiwis ?

rooter
18-11-2017, 01:08 AM
There are very few sports in the world that can legitimately have a world cup that really is a world cup.

Mr Bastard
18-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Tell that to the NZ and Fijian league fans at present………………good luck with that……….

Littlewonder
18-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Great to see Fiji beat the kiwis and Lebanon were great in defeat.

Some games have been boring but not the above two.

rooter
18-11-2017, 09:46 PM
There is only one World Cup and only one world game.
You can go to the most remote village in Peru, Thailand, Senegal, Kazakhstan, China, Mexico, or Turkey and they will know Messi and Ronaldo, and Barcelona, and Liverpool, and Real Madrid and you will see kids wearing a fake Barcelona shirt kicking a sack full of rags up and down the street.

AHLUNGOR
18-11-2017, 10:12 PM

The Kiwis and Fijians must have heard you and gave you a master class of a tryless match in rugby league, 4-2, and the Kiwis are gone !

How good is that ?

BongKong
19-11-2017, 12:05 AM
You can go to the most remote village in Peru, Thailand, Senegal, Kazakhstan, China, Mexico, or Turkey and they will know Messi and Ronaldo, and Barcelona, and Liverpool, and Real Madrid and you will see kids wearing a fake Barcelona shirt kicking a sack full of rags up and down the street.

Truest statement on this forum

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2017, 11:41 AM

The Messi and C Ronaldo are both great players in modern days but in my book, unless they lead their own country to a World Cup victory like Pele, Maradonna, Beckenbauer, Zidane and co. They can't wear the tag of a true football World Champion. And I think Messi went closest when they loss to Germany in Rio. A Maradonna would probably deliver the Cup again . It's just me .

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2017, 11:47 AM
There is no question that only the FIFA World Cup is the only truly World Football Championship- played for and embraced by every country in the world.

Rugby Union is at a much lesser light and the League was only really playing by a few countries and the Pacific Islanders - but personally I'm a diehard league fans and I'll watch the Broncos/Storms play whoever over any EPL or Spanish league games even the finals anytime .

Again, it's just a personal choice .

Cheers

baltika3
19-11-2017, 09:32 PM
I think it has been good, teams playing different styles has been fun. Of course I'd love it if Australia had tougher competition but until then just enjoy it.

Hurstyronny
20-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Just a let down after the NRL finals. Just look at the odds. That says it all. Like punting. A good match is like finding a gem at a cheap R&T

God Member
20-11-2017, 09:22 AM
I loved the wild enthusiasm of the packed crowd during the Tonga v Samoa game.

AHLUNGOR
20-11-2017, 11:03 AM
I loved the wild enthusiasm of the packed crowd during the Tonga v Samoa game.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6bb8a03e2af00d760291ccfbb038089d

My absolute Golden moment in sports this year!

energy
23-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Just put a little money on Tonga. never know

AHLUNGOR
24-11-2017, 08:36 AM

Tonga might have already played their Grand Final when they beat the Kiwis. From the way they struggled to just beat Lebanon , I just can't see them beating a well drilled England team . Raw passion and powers can only go so far I think and their spine is their problem .

Big Mal vs Wayne Benette in the Final, that's what I've been waiting for.

AHLUNGOR
25-11-2017, 06:06 PM

Wow, you almost got it Bro !

They left it too late I think !