PDA

View Full Version : Question Will the train strike go ahead on Monday? How will thousands of MLs get to work in the city etc?

AHLUNGOR
23-01-2018, 08:22 AM
As per title , will the train strike “derail” most punting activities in Sydney and beyond ?

Assandlegs
23-01-2018, 08:51 AM
As per title , will the train strike “derail” most punting activities in Sydney and beyond ?

Many I talk to use Uber..

hotnite
23-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Well, if the prospect is hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, for a day’s work, I’m sure they’ll find some way.

webtelor
23-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Many I talk to use Uber..
Think with the buses available, that would be 1 of their option

AHLUNGOR
23-01-2018, 10:25 AM
From memory, the last time we had a general train strike in Sydney that was more than 20 yr ago ?

Probably 5 times more cars on the road, the usual one hr traffic in the morning peak hours would have taken 2-3 hr unless people started at 5am!

It would be a big mess for sure.

Back in the days when train strikes did happen rather frequently, commuters used to be able to just able park anywhere in the city and won’t get a ticket, guess we won’t be given that leadway anymore ? Everyone will be booked ?

Babycat
23-01-2018, 11:14 AM
I just work half shift so can skip it. But have somethings important to do before that. Hmmm. Have to take Uber, I think

Eclipsefun
23-01-2018, 06:29 PM
We can airdrop them in. Parachute from high altitude, have them aim right through the second floor window of their shops.

Mr Bastard
23-01-2018, 06:33 PM
I just work half shift so can skip it. But have somethings important to do before that. Hmmm. Have to take Uber, I think

I thought you were a broke, tight-ass, who only has enough money for bread and dripping ? You have come along way little lady, I am happy for your newfound success.

Keep on Keeping on, the sky is the limit….

aussiegaigin
23-01-2018, 07:19 PM

I'll bet Uber will have their "surge pricing" in full swing, and it won't be any quicker than driving your own car.

I know of a couple of MLs who sleep overnight in the shop if they have early bookings and want to avoid the peak hour rush.

rooter
23-01-2018, 07:19 PM

Actually you are better off taking a taxi on a train strike day.
Uber is generally cheaper than taxis. But on high demand days such as a train strike etc they bump up their prices - could be three times more than usual, or even more.
Taxi's on the other hand always have the same flat rate.

yug
23-01-2018, 08:02 PM

Yeah, I guess uber or bus or even taxi.
I am just thinking traffic might be nightmare that day.

AHLUNGOR
23-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Uber is generally cheaper than taxis. But on high demand days such as a train strike etc they bump up their prices - could be three times more than usual, or even more.

And what happens to the metre if you got struck in traffic for hours ?? Chances are , you would be in a tunnel or a freeway and can’t get off!

244 Desire Massage
23-01-2018, 11:42 PM
And what happens to the metre if you got struck in traffic for hours ?? Chances are , you would be in a tunnel or a freeway and can’t get off!

Ahl mate go to bed it is only us crazy shop owners that have to be awake at this time

Babycat
24-01-2018, 12:12 PM
I thought you were a broke, tight-ass, who only has enough money for bread and dripping ? You have come along way little lady, I am happy for your newfound success.

Keep on Keeping on, the sky is the limit….
Wow, your name is very suitable to represent yourself.

I'll bet Uber will have their "surge pricing" in full swing, and it won't be any quicker than driving your own car.

I know of a couple of MLs who sleep overnight in the shop if they have early bookings and want to avoid the peak hour rush.

I hope it will not happen. Otherwise, have to catch taxi.

AHLUNGOR
24-01-2018, 02:02 PM
I hope it will not happen. Otherwise, have to catch taxi.

Looks rather likely to go ahead now !

Holy shit , it would affect me too !!

Assandlegs
24-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Be aware that Trains tomorrow are on a weekend timetable..

Babycat
24-01-2018, 05:43 PM
The strike will go ahead, :(

Nekman
24-01-2018, 05:59 PM
My usual Monday ML said she won’t be working on Monday. I think it will be hard for everybody to get to work on Monday. News suggested people stay home and employers allow staff to work from home or take annual leave. It will be chaos on Monday.

rooter
24-01-2018, 06:03 PM
I often chuck a sickie n Mondays anyway, so no different to any other Monday really.
The strike just gives me another excuse to take a day off.
Perfect timing too.
An extra long Australia Day long weekend.
"Australia, you bloody beauty!"

Mr Bastard
24-01-2018, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Babycat;1311429]Wow, your name is very suitable to represent yourself.

Thankyou BC :miao:

Littlewonder
24-01-2018, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Babycat;1311429]Wow, your name is very suitable to represent yourself.

Thankyou BC :miao:

I just love you Babycat

Babycat
25-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Wish I could work from home, lol

My usual Monday ML said she won’t be working on Monday. I think it will be hard for everybody to get to work on Monday. News suggested people stay home and employers allow staff to work from home or take annual leave. It will be chaos on Monday.

rfection
25-01-2018, 01:44 AM

u could! i'm willing to visit u!

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2018, 10:25 AM

You can if you live alone !

Babycat
25-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Train strike is off. Love you all, Sydney railway staffs.

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2018, 02:14 PM

Not to the railway staff Baby!

Save your love 💖 for the Fair Works Commission Man Mr Hamberger! He made the most important ruling !

Tumble
26-01-2018, 09:10 AM
So fake. This answer is believable as the ads saying the mince in pie's are real .
Its all offal.

AHLUNGOR
26-01-2018, 11:27 AM
So fake. This answer is believable as the ads saying the mince in pie's are real .
Its all offal.

Well, many of us know Babycat is a genuine babe, unlike yourself, either came back from the death again and again or just a nothing keyboard trolls been around for a few days and posting shits to increase your post count.

My prediction, you won’t last before the 30’s!

Assandlegs
26-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Its all offal.

What an unnecessary response. Don't be a cock and post some decent stuff - like AR's